“Great BBQ meals” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Tampere
“Great BBQ meals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is typical of a good BBQ place, the service gere was great, the food arrived so quickly, the portions are as expected rather large, and the food was very good. No frills, just good BBQ style eating.

Visited October 2012

Blythewood, South Carolina
“GOOD, GOOD, GOOD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Having never eaten at this restaurant I was on my guard because to me BBQ is an art and not everyone can get it right but I was very pleasantly surprised, the food at Jim N Nick's was awesome. My husband ordered the ribs and I ordered the brisket and we split the orders between us, both were great and the sides were outstanding. Yummy Mac n Cheese (wish mine was as good). The "bread" and I use the term lossely because it was so good, tasted more like cupcakes to me cheesy and sweet at the same time. Be prepared to take your entree home with you because by the time you load up on the bread you won't be able to finish your meal. The service was great, our waiter was wonderful. My problem is now I'm spoiled and want more but I don't live anywhere near the restaurant. If ever in N. Charleston make sure you pay them a visit you won't be disappointed.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“Cheese corn muffins for the win”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Those cheese corn muffins were fabulous. I also had the pulled pork bbq sandwich which was delicious but I was too full of muffins to enjoy it properly. They accommodated our large group late on a Saturday night. I wish my waitress had been a little more knowledgeable about the beers, though.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, SC
“An aweful letdown.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Jim N Nick's was such a letdown! My friend and I didn't even finish our meals. Come on, already! BBQ is what we do in the south and Jim N Nick's did NOT deliver a quality meal. I DO NOT recommend this restaurant.

Visited October 2012
Orangeburg, South Carolina
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

It would have been good if it was just delivered hot to the table and my wife's chicken had not been raw. Add to that that our waitress could not seem to remember what we had ordered. This was early in the lunch service, so it was not because the kitchen was overtaxed. This was our second and now last time to eat here.