You added SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
Ranked #19 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for his birthday. The king bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious. The sitting area was comfortable and I liked having the area. The staff was friendly and the room was clean.

• Stayed February 2013
GM7535, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
I want to thank for taking the time to complete a lovely review on our hotel. Your gracious comments and details are greatly appreciated and I will make sure to share them with my associates.

Thank you again, and we all look forward to have you and your husband visit with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The room was very spacious. The hotel was beautiful and perfectly maintained. The bed was very comfortable. The location is excellent. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Charleston!

• Stayed December 2012
Harlingen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel is only 10 minute drive from downtown and we saved hundred dollar each night by staying 10 minutes from the center of Charleston. The hotel staff very friendly and helpful, breakfast staff go out of their way to assist when something has run out. It is very clean and it looks like they just upgraded the decor.

Only negative- If you enjoy swimming ..there pool is the smallest I have ever seen at a hotel. But if your not planning on swimming, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

I do apologize if our pool disappointed you. Frankly, we had anticipated a strong corporate environment, and given that we are so well received by so many guests traveling for leisure, we do regret that we did not plan for a larger pool.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have made multiple business trips to the Charleston area, always staying at different hotels. This is by far my favorite, for the following reasons:

- Staff is very friendly and accommodating
- Incredible price/value ratio
- Room has HD Flat screen TV
- Room has free Wired + Wireless internet
- Room is well soundproofed
- Room layout is spacious and well designed
- Hotel is very clean and modern
- Hotel is very close to the airport/Boeing (10 min)
- Hotel is very close to Northwoods Mall, various restaurants, and cinema theater
- Hotel has nice gym w/ free weights + TVs on every machine
- Hotel has guest laundry room

The only downside would be that the downtown area is maybe 20-30 minutes away. However, as you get closer to downtown, rates increase dramatically at other hotels. I think that staying at Springhill Suites and driving, or hiring a cab when drinking, is the best option. Having tried both, that is what I choose anyway.

One suggestion to hotel management would be to add a personal safe to the rooms, although the staff at the front desk will be happy to lock away any valuables for you. Also, staff seems quite trustworthy, and I had no qualms leaving my stuff in my room.

Overall, I am having an incredibly pleasant stay at Springhill Suites and will reccommend this hotel to my colleagues. I have been staying at this hotel for one month now, and have no inclination to try a different one. Congrats on a great establishment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a lovely review of your stay. Your gracious compliments of the hotel and staff are greatly appreciated. I will make sure to share your comments with my associates
Chelsea, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just stayed there after making an unknowed location reservation through Priceline website . What a pleasant surprise. The hotel is great, clean,modern with very friendly and professional staff. Excellent breakfast as well. Hotel is a bit far from dowtown but that is the only negative thing that can be said about that hotel. If better located, that hotel would be a 5 stars hotel. Price from Priceline was excellent except their fee was about 25% of the room price. In any case, worthwhile given the quality of that little gem in North Charleston.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here on a one-night business trip to the area (College of Charleston). I am a repeat customer to this hotel. Very clean, no frills, and excellent service from the staff. You will not find a better Marriott value in the area. Only about a 10 minute drive north of the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GM7535, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay with us, and I am grateful for the very kind words. I will make sure to share your comments with my associates and look forward to welcome you again at our hotel.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Me and my husband spent 1 night at your hotel on January 19th. It was just one night but it felt like we were there for a week. It was great! Everyone we came in contact with was so friendly. From the time we entered into the front door lobby we were greeted by a very friendly helpful staff. The room was amazing! Plenty of space and privacy. My husband and I have spent lots of money on hotels than we spent at Springhill and none were as good as Springhill. It was well worth the money.
There was one person in particular who made us feel right at home was Ms. Dorothy Swinton, MAMA! She truly was like a mama to us and everyone we saw her interact with. She was awesome. She needs to give a class on customer service. We have never had such a warm reception at a hotel. We will always stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay with us, and I am grateful for the very kind words. I will make sure to share your comments with Mrs. Dorothy Swinton or Mama as we call her. She is an inspiration to us all and we are very blessed to have her as one of our associates. She is somewhat of a hospitality legend among Charleston Marriotts, having been over the years the recipient of many awards, such as Marriott Award of Excellency, and South Carolina Hospitality Association “Lodging Front of the House Employee of the Year”, and that is just half her story. She frequently volunteers for all sorts of charitable endeavors and in general, has the capacity to touch other people’s lives.

Been to SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate? Share your experiences!