“Easy access from the highway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7535 North Forest Drive, North Charleston, SC 29420   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Richmond, Virginia
“Easy access from the highway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I stay in this hotel for 3 days. Overall my stay was very good. Check in process was a breeze, a little more attention from the housekeeping crew will make this hotel a 5 star rating. The carpet in the room have spots, the spot from the drink on the night stand was never been cleaned, the trash under the sink never been emptied, and the tissue under the sink never been refilled. Breakfast was very good with enough variety. I stayed on the 3rd floor and during the night there were d stomping noise from the room above that kept us awake. Eerily call the front lobby, and the matter wad taking care of immediately.

• Stayed December 2012
GM7535, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
You are very kind with your compliments, and I truly appreciate them, although I would have wished that you had no disappointments whatsoever. I do apologize for any oversight and will address the issues with my associates.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Everything was great, not problems with staff or cleanliness, only thing is it's 15-20 mins away from Charleston's "downtown" so if you are planning to keep going in town you might want to stay a little closer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GM7535, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
I thank you for taking the time to complete this review, and for the very kind words regarding the quality of the hotel, although I regret that the distance from downtown was a disappointment for you.

As you point out, we are 15 to 20 minutes away, depending on traffic conditions, and we do make every effort to accurately describe location and distances, specifically because we do not want it to be a surprise to anyone.

On a positive note, hotels on the outskirts of Charleston are far more reasonably priced, they offer complimentary parking and in the case of our hotel, complimentary breakfast.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in early December and our experience was good all the way through. We checked in late as our train from Washington was delayed but this was all handled smoothly with southern hospitality. Breakfast was in a bright airy area next to the checkin desk and we had no problems with seating for our family of 5 each morning. The fare was standard for this sort of lodging but it was all we needed and expected.

The hotel's location is good provided that you are happy to stay on the 'burbs and have a car. It's not hard to find and we came from halfway around the world. It is close to a wide variety of shopping and eating choices and the trip to downtown Charleston is easy on the freeway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I am delighted that you have felt at home while visiting with us and your gracious compliments and details of the hotel and staff are greatly appreciated. I will make sure to share your comments with my associates and we look forward to have you visit with us again, in the near future.
Cumming, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We decided to stay at this property after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. VERY glad we did.

We booked a king suite, which was great. Very nicely furnished and quiet room, big sitting area with a great "corner" couch, computer table, big screen tv, desk, big bathroom... and very comfortable king sized bed, too.

Staff was excellent-- from the front desk to the people sweeping and vacumming to the maids cleaning the rooms. Well trained for customer service and people skills.

Our room was SPOTLESSLY clean, and it was a quiet hotel. Very close to restaurants and the interstate, only 15 minutes from downtown Charleston.

Would we stay again? You betcha.

Room Tip: King sized suite is worth a few extra bucks... and to get a quieter room, request one at the end of...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete a lovely review of your stay. Your gracious compliments and details of the hotel and staff are greatly appreciated and I will make sure to share your comments with my associates. We forward to have you visit with us again, in the near future.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

One of the friendliest staff teams I've met. While the reservations did not get processed correctly (done online) they did everything they could to straighten it out. Great breakfast, nice sized rooms.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete a lovely review of your stay. Your gracious compliments of the hotel staff are greatly appreciated, and particularly considering that they come from a seasoned traveler, dedicated to TripAdvisor. I do hope to welcome you and your family again in the near future.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I called this hotel our 'home' for a few days while we visited Charleston. It's a great value considering it's only about 20 minutes to most Charleston attractions and I would definitely recommend it to those traveling to the area.

The room was spacious and in the typical Springhill Suites layout I know and love. What was surprising was the decor! I've never been super impressed with the semi-dated look I have found at most Springhill Suites but this was an exception. The lobby was neatly designed. Our room featured blues, greens and in-betweens which are my favorites.

Breakfast offered a wide variety of foods. The fitness room was bigger than I've seen at some other Springhill locations and featured several pieces of cardio equipment as well as some free weights. I was a bit disappointed there wasn't water in the fitness center, however, so be sure to bring your own if you need it!

We did run into some minor glitches with housekeeping... During one day of our visit, we did not receive service. When I inquired about this, a reason was not identified from the log but the front desk staff was more than willing to send someone up to attend to our room. However, it was late evening, so I declined. Next, although we were there four nights, our sheets were not changed. This was evident because I found a small ink stain on the fitted sheet the day we checked in and it remained there until we checked out.

We didn't notice much ambient noise in our room but did notice when other guests on our floor left their rooms and let the doors swing behind them, the 'slam' was very noisy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and I want to thank you for your very kind words. I will make sure to share your comments with my associates and look forward to welcome you again at our hotel, in the near future.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

What can I say, its clean and maintained and the food was good. I would return to this location again, it is a little hard to find at first but once your there its all good. It is located near many restaurants and about 15 min drive to downtown charleston (pending traffic).

• Stayed December 2012
GM7535, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
I want to thank you for the very kind words. I will make sure to share your comments with my associates and look forward to have you visit with us again, in the near future.

Been to SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate? Share your experiences!