“Beukema/Hill Wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd
Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Grand Rapids, MI
“Beukema/Hill Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We reserved 20-25 rooms for the wedding of Jilliane Beukema & Joe Hill. Jenna Joseph, Sales Manager was so incredibly friendly, comfortable, helpful and went out of her way to accomodate us and make our stay (and all the other family members that stayed there) absolute perfect. I was truly amazed by her willingness to go out of her way to help us and make the hotel situation one thing the bride and this mother of the bride didn't have to worry about.
I hope she will be recognized for the incredible job she did as Sales Manager. My daughter and new son-in-law now live in Cottageville, SC, so next time my husband and I come to visit, we are definitely going to be staying in your hotel. Thanks again for your "welcoming & helpful" stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Grand Rapids Mi.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Our stay at the Hampton Inn in Charleston, SC was wonderful. The room was large and very clean. It had everything. Microwave, frig, internet, hairdryer, etc. The breakfast was awesome. I love the waffle makers! We were visiting for our daughters wedding. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay, the wedding party, and other family members stay very enjoyable. The staff went out of their way to help us in any way that they could. I would definately stay here again!

Jefferson, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had tried to book a room in the downtown area to take a Carnival cruise, but none were available at a reasonable price. We found this property, and took advantage of their snooze and cruise deal. We arrived late on the night before sailing, and were quickly checked in to our room. The following morning, we had plenty of time to have breakfast, and get our luggage together for the shuttle that picked us up. The shuttle cost was included in the room price, as was parking for our car. On the trip to the dock, the shuttle driver went over what we could expect on the embarkation process, so we had no surprises when we arrived at the dock. On the return trip home, the driver picked us up within 15 minutes of our debarkation. He had told us in advance where to meet him once we were off the ship, and it went perfectly. We were back at the Hampton around 10:00 AM, and were never rushed.

We had planned to stay again at the hotel, as we wanted to do some sightseeing in Charleston. The manager was aware we were staying with them again, and was gracious enough to allow us to do an early check in, taking our bags on up to our room, so we could get out and tour the town. They may not be able to do that for everyone, but it sure made our day easier, and was very much appreciated.

One bonus: there is a CVS pharmacy in the same location for last minute needs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Johnson City, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Having selected this Charleston (SC) Hampton Inn for its price-point, imagine my pleased surprise when I opened the door to my room & discovered I had been booked into a roomy suite! I was expecting to only stay for 2 nights, but when my house-hunt took a little longer than planned, I engaged the assistance of the Front Desk staff, who were most enthusiastic in their reviews of the charms of nearby Summerville. Not only that, but they booked me into a room right next to the one I had occupied (for the remainder of my stay) so that my wallet didn't take such a hit. The inclusive breakfasts made for a good start to each day, and the hotel's close proximity to I-26 made it easy to find.

Room Tip: I always request bottled water & a high floor...and I got both at this property.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

OMG I enjoyed the friendly warm and down to earth atmosphere. Tina Schoneman and Donna Campbell were true champions the weekend of 10/31-11/3/12. They were so attentive to our needs,always willing to go out of thier way. Donna made sure everything was stocked for the breakfast. It was like we thought about and she had it there. She is such a breath of fresh air and always smiling.. What also amazed me about this trip was being able to use their parking lot and lounge for a PIG ROASTand family celebration. We had family down from California, Virginia,Columbia,North Carolina,Oklahoma,Myrtle Beach, and downtown Charleston. We had an eventful and fabulous stay and the staff is so accommodating. We have another wedding next year and I am sure we will be returning....Thanks Hampton Inn... Keep up the GREAT WORK ......The Ball,Singleton,Wilson,Phillips,and Rheiney family.

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny"
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel is nice, with nice rooms that are consistent with Hampton Inns. Internet speed was very slow and unstable. While attempting to connect to my company's server, it kept dropping out. Checked in during the evening, and the front desk clerk didn't seem to be very happy to be there. This is not a hotel property that I will visit in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My fiance and I were in town for a wedding, but we didn't make a reservation anywhere. We stopped here and they were more than happy to get us a room for the night! We were so exhausted from our drive, that we were overjoyed to get to our room to see how clean and well kept it was.The room was spacious with a huge bed, large windows and a pull out couch. I had forgot to pack his comb and our toothpaste, but the front desk had those amenities upon request for free. There is a continental breakfast in the morning, get there early! This is a nonsmoking hotel, just fyi. The hotel is minutes from the mall and Summerville, but 35-40 minutes away from Isle of Palms and Downtown Charleston.

Room Tip: Our friends that were there for the wedding that weekend stayed at this hotel too, but booked a few...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd? Share your experiences!