“Great place for the cruise travelers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd

You added Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2688 Fernwood Drive, North Charleston, SC 29406   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA members get 10% off
Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Jefferson, Georgia, United States
“Great place for the cruise travelers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had tried to book a room in the downtown area to take a Carnival cruise, but none were available at a reasonable price. We found this property, and took advantage of their snooze and cruise deal. We arrived late on the night before sailing, and were quickly checked in to our room. The following morning, we had plenty of time to have breakfast, and get our luggage together for the shuttle that picked us up. The shuttle cost was included in the room price, as was parking for our car. On the trip to the dock, the shuttle driver went over what we could expect on the embarkation process, so we had no surprises when we arrived at the dock. On the return trip home, the driver picked us up within 15 minutes of our debarkation. He had told us in advance where to meet him once we were off the ship, and it went perfectly. We were back at the Hampton around 10:00 AM, and were never rushed.

We had planned to stay again at the hotel, as we wanted to do some sightseeing in Charleston. The manager was aware we were staying with them again, and was gracious enough to allow us to do an early check in, taking our bags on up to our room, so we could get out and tour the town. They may not be able to do that for everyone, but it sure made our day easier, and was very much appreciated.

One bonus: there is a CVS pharmacy in the same location for last minute needs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Johnson City, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Having selected this Charleston (SC) Hampton Inn for its price-point, imagine my pleased surprise when I opened the door to my room & discovered I had been booked into a roomy suite! I was expecting to only stay for 2 nights, but when my house-hunt took a little longer than planned, I engaged the assistance of the Front Desk staff, who were most enthusiastic in their reviews of the charms of nearby Summerville. Not only that, but they booked me into a room right next to the one I had occupied (for the remainder of my stay) so that my wallet didn't take such a hit. The inclusive breakfasts made for a good start to each day, and the hotel's close proximity to I-26 made it easy to find.

Room Tip: I always request bottled water & a high floor...and I got both at this property.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

OMG I enjoyed the friendly warm and down to earth atmosphere. Tina Schoneman and Donna Campbell were true champions the weekend of 10/31-11/3/12. They were so attentive to our needs,always willing to go out of thier way. Donna made sure everything was stocked for the breakfast. It was like we thought about and she had it there. She is such a breath of fresh air and always smiling.. What also amazed me about this trip was being able to use their parking lot and lounge for a PIG ROASTand family celebration. We had family down from California, Virginia,Columbia,North Carolina,Oklahoma,Myrtle Beach, and downtown Charleston. We had an eventful and fabulous stay and the staff is so accommodating. We have another wedding next year and I am sure we will be returning....Thanks Hampton Inn... Keep up the GREAT WORK ......The Ball,Singleton,Wilson,Phillips,and Rheiney family.

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel is nice, with nice rooms that are consistent with Hampton Inns. Internet speed was very slow and unstable. While attempting to connect to my company's server, it kept dropping out. Checked in during the evening, and the front desk clerk didn't seem to be very happy to be there. This is not a hotel property that I will visit in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My fiance and I were in town for a wedding, but we didn't make a reservation anywhere. We stopped here and they were more than happy to get us a room for the night! We were so exhausted from our drive, that we were overjoyed to get to our room to see how clean and well kept it was.The room was spacious with a huge bed, large windows and a pull out couch. I had forgot to pack his comb and our toothpaste, but the front desk had those amenities upon request for free. There is a continental breakfast in the morning, get there early! This is a nonsmoking hotel, just fyi. The hotel is minutes from the mall and Summerville, but 35-40 minutes away from Isle of Palms and Downtown Charleston.

Room Tip: Our friends that were there for the wedding that weekend stayed at this hotel too, but booked a few...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel while clebrating our wedding anniversary. The staff was very helpful and courteous, especially Kimberly. She provided us with different places to visit while we were in town. We were greeted with a smile at all times. This was a perfect location from downtown; and it was convenient to the bank, CVS pharmacy, shopping centers and restaurants. The rooms were clean, and the beds were extremely comfortable. This was a very quiet hotel. I would recommend this hotel, and I look forward to staying here again on our next trip to Charleston.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

So glad I rummaged through an old purse and found this card after our stay. I came in on Friday, and yes we were earlier than the normal. I must say Tom and Kimberleigh or Leigh, the desk clerk accomodated us everytime with a warm smile, and eagerness. Our rooms were not ready as of 12noon, so she suggested that we have lunch, and perhaps check back a little later. At about 2 pm, we came back, ready to check in, and Leigh worked it out to where we could all be together. Extremely personable, joking with us, and relatable, as if she was a part of our families. Our rooms were comfy, and cozy, and when requesting extra linen, it was brought to us immediately by a housekeeper. Later that night is when our comfortable stay would turn into a nightmare. We stopped by the desk that evening before heading out to what seemed to be a desk clerk from hell. She was on the phone with a guest and was annoyed as we could see across her face. After hanging up with them, she didn't address us as to how she could help, she just gave us a blank stare. We asked for directions to a spot downtown, and she snatched the map from the counter and pointed us to God only knows. Not wanting anymore of her help, we just left.The next morning I personally got up to enjoy breakfast. The breakfast clerk was extremely busy, though she handled herself very well. Everything was fresh and neat. My cousin even helped her stack cereal. As we were sitting, we noticed another female coming to help that looked as if she had just crawled out of bed. Needless to say, this was the breakfast manager. We all chuckled at how inappropriate she was dressed and she even bent over once for the entire world to catch a glimpse. We saw Leigh again who seemed to need help and that's when we figured the breakfast manager was also the front end manager because she went to assist. We laughed with the breakfast attendant on how great of a job she was doing, and told her we would definately let her manager know. Later that day around 2pm we stopped by the desk to let them know that my mothers room had not been cleaned, the same manager never said anything, she just grabbed a walkie and called someone to clean it, then looked at us and said they will get to you. Whatever happened to "I apologize" it's 2pm, who wants to get unrelaxed now, needless to say it was my mothers fault for having a non disturbance sign on her door all morning. Our check out was expressed, and suffice, but we just stopped by to tell Leigh goodbye she gave us this card and told us the property would appreciate our feedback. I'm sure had she known what all we encountered she would have rethought, well, Leigh...too late, good job on your end, and the breakfast clerk needs major help when she's busy, and help from somene who is refreshed and ready to work. Overall, the minor mishaps did not ruin our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd? Share your experiences!