“Wedding celebration/family reunion” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd to your Saves list
Booking.com Priceline.com
AAA members get 10% off
Charleston, South Carolina
“Wedding celebration/family reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

OMG I enjoyed the friendly warm and down to earth atmosphere. Tina Schoneman and Donna Campbell were true champions the weekend of 10/31-11/3/12. They were so attentive to our needs,always willing to go out of thier way. Donna made sure everything was stocked for the breakfast. It was like we thought about and she had it there. She is such a breath of fresh air and always smiling.. What also amazed me about this trip was being able to use their parking lot and lounge for a PIG ROASTand family celebration. We had family down from California, Virginia,Columbia,North Carolina,Oklahoma,Myrtle Beach, and downtown Charleston. We had an eventful and fabulous stay and the staff is so accommodating. We have another wedding next year and I am sure we will be returning....Thanks Hampton Inn... Keep up the GREAT WORK ......The Ball,Singleton,Wilson,Phillips,and Rheiney family.

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel is nice, with nice rooms that are consistent with Hampton Inns. Internet speed was very slow and unstable. While attempting to connect to my company's server, it kept dropping out. Checked in during the evening, and the front desk clerk didn't seem to be very happy to be there. This is not a hotel property that I will visit in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My fiance and I were in town for a wedding, but we didn't make a reservation anywhere. We stopped here and they were more than happy to get us a room for the night! We were so exhausted from our drive, that we were overjoyed to get to our room to see how clean and well kept it was.The room was spacious with a huge bed, large windows and a pull out couch. I had forgot to pack his comb and our toothpaste, but the front desk had those amenities upon request for free. There is a continental breakfast in the morning, get there early! This is a nonsmoking hotel, just fyi. The hotel is minutes from the mall and Summerville, but 35-40 minutes away from Isle of Palms and Downtown Charleston.

Room Tip: Our friends that were there for the wedding that weekend stayed at this hotel too, but booked a few...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel while clebrating our wedding anniversary. The staff was very helpful and courteous, especially Kimberly. She provided us with different places to visit while we were in town. We were greeted with a smile at all times. This was a perfect location from downtown; and it was convenient to the bank, CVS pharmacy, shopping centers and restaurants. The rooms were clean, and the beds were extremely comfortable. This was a very quiet hotel. I would recommend this hotel, and I look forward to staying here again on our next trip to Charleston.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

So glad I rummaged through an old purse and found this card after our stay. I came in on Friday, and yes we were earlier than the normal. I must say Tom and Kimberleigh or Leigh, the desk clerk accomodated us everytime with a warm smile, and eagerness. Our rooms were not ready as of 12noon, so she suggested that we have lunch, and perhaps check back a little later. At about 2 pm, we came back, ready to check in, and Leigh worked it out to where we could all be together. Extremely personable, joking with us, and relatable, as if she was a part of our families. Our rooms were comfy, and cozy, and when requesting extra linen, it was brought to us immediately by a housekeeper. Later that night is when our comfortable stay would turn into a nightmare. We stopped by the desk that evening before heading out to what seemed to be a desk clerk from hell. She was on the phone with a guest and was annoyed as we could see across her face. After hanging up with them, she didn't address us as to how she could help, she just gave us a blank stare. We asked for directions to a spot downtown, and she snatched the map from the counter and pointed us to God only knows. Not wanting anymore of her help, we just left.The next morning I personally got up to enjoy breakfast. The breakfast clerk was extremely busy, though she handled herself very well. Everything was fresh and neat. My cousin even helped her stack cereal. As we were sitting, we noticed another female coming to help that looked as if she had just crawled out of bed. Needless to say, this was the breakfast manager. We all chuckled at how inappropriate she was dressed and she even bent over once for the entire world to catch a glimpse. We saw Leigh again who seemed to need help and that's when we figured the breakfast manager was also the front end manager because she went to assist. We laughed with the breakfast attendant on how great of a job she was doing, and told her we would definately let her manager know. Later that day around 2pm we stopped by the desk to let them know that my mothers room had not been cleaned, the same manager never said anything, she just grabbed a walkie and called someone to clean it, then looked at us and said they will get to you. Whatever happened to "I apologize" it's 2pm, who wants to get unrelaxed now, needless to say it was my mothers fault for having a non disturbance sign on her door all morning. Our check out was expressed, and suffice, but we just stopped by to tell Leigh goodbye she gave us this card and told us the property would appreciate our feedback. I'm sure had she known what all we encountered she would have rethought, well, Leigh...too late, good job on your end, and the breakfast clerk needs major help when she's busy, and help from somene who is refreshed and ready to work. Overall, the minor mishaps did not ruin our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times but the last two months it has gone down hill. Rooms are not as clean, slow internet service, front desk clerks really do not care and the General Manager totaly ignored returning my call. The phone service inside the hotel is bad from a mobile. You ahce to go outside to call. I also experience a problem with front desk personel and the Hotel Manager. I had bought a new computer mouse the few days that I had stay there. When I left I forgot to pack it.I was told they did not find one in the room. Other words someone stole it. My fault, my mistake, but I called the hotel the next day and it took days for some one to return my call. I asked the General Manager to return my call several times and he did not do it. I even went by and talked to him and he had all kind of excuses for not returning my call. He simply just did not return it. No excuse for a General Manager at a hotel. They need to relly make some improvements.

Room Tip: Be careful what you leave in your room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
atrain8green, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We clearly missed the mark this time. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I’ve addressed your comment with the team. I regret that we couldn’t find your computer mouse and I apologize for the delay in returning your call. I will be in contact with you shortly and hope to make things right. We value your feedback and apologize for the inconveniences.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton North for a three day weekend getaway and it was exactly what we were looking for. The drive into Charleston Historic section was reasonable (about 15 minutes) and we did it twice a day (one for sightseeing and later for dinner). We did eat at a nearby restaurant the first night since we were tired and ask the night clerk for driving directions for a restaurant we found on line. He was very helpful and even gave us a coupon for a free appetizer which we appreciated! The room was very comfortable and clean which is what we have come to expect from Hampton Inns. The breakfast was convenient and had different choices the three days we stayed. The breakfast area is very large and we never had any trouble finding a table which is usually a problem with other hotels that offer breakfast. The hotel was very quiet and we did not have any problems sleeping even though we were there for the weekend. Everything worked well in the room with the exception of the refrigerator (it did not get cold) so we just informed the desk upon leaving so that it could be fixed for the next guest. If we were ever in the area again, I would not hesitate staying at this hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd? Share your experiences!