“Great value and comfortable stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2688 Fernwood Drive, North Charleston, SC 29406   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA members get 10% off
“Great value and comfortable stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton North for a three day weekend getaway and it was exactly what we were looking for. The drive into Charleston Historic section was reasonable (about 15 minutes) and we did it twice a day (one for sightseeing and later for dinner). We did eat at a nearby restaurant the first night since we were tired and ask the night clerk for driving directions for a restaurant we found on line. He was very helpful and even gave us a coupon for a free appetizer which we appreciated! The room was very comfortable and clean which is what we have come to expect from Hampton Inns. The breakfast was convenient and had different choices the three days we stayed. The breakfast area is very large and we never had any trouble finding a table which is usually a problem with other hotels that offer breakfast. The hotel was very quiet and we did not have any problems sleeping even though we were there for the weekend. Everything worked well in the room with the exception of the refrigerator (it did not get cold) so we just informed the desk upon leaving so that it could be fixed for the next guest. If we were ever in the area again, I would not hesitate staying at this hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
york, pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The room was nice and clean and quiet. Breakfast was the typical Hampton breakfast. The night desk clerk was nice and helpful. My issue was with the lady at the desk in the morning. This hotel has a lot of rooms and only 2 luggage carts. Well, my boyfriend went down to see if he could wrangle up a cart. He was standing in the lobby waiting for a cart and the front desk clerk just ignored him! Now, I realize it wasn't the clerks fault that there were luggage cart hogs (the carts were missing for at least 2 hours! Come on people! Don't hold the carts in your room so that they are there when you need them! Geesh), but the clerk could have at least asked him if he needed anything. We weren't given a USA Today, and so he asked the same morning front desk clerk if there were any extras and she curtly said "no" and basically dismissed us. We used a coupon and saved money on the stay, but the woman basically ruined a nice stay.

Room Tip: We chose the top floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rock Hill, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

A great Hampton Inn, as usual. The room was very nice; the bed was comfy; and the breakfast was filling! The staff was very nice, and they helped me several times to get a billing error straight before I checked out. I stay at Hampton inns all over, and this one was really great. The bathroom was nice and spacious, and I love the free wifi!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is exactly why I stay at Hampton/Hilton properties as much as possible. Particularly the newer construction Hampton's. This hotel was clean and well kept. The downstairs lobby area is inviting and large. We only stayed one night and I did not use any of the amenities. The bed was a little softer than most other Hampton's I have stayed in but not too soft. If I were going into Chas. everyday, I'd stay downtown or in Mt. Pleasant but it was not a bad drive and the airport and Charleston Southern are very close. I didn't see a lot of dining options beyond chains and fast food. The fridge worked well, a problem I have run into lately at other properties, but there was no small freezer which I use for re-freezing our cooler blue ice. I prefer a low floor and that is on my profile and I'm a Gold member but I ended up on the 5th. Not the end of the world. We got a great rate due to participating in a local 17/18U baseball tournament. Bottom line, I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
tmb71, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments about your very recent stay here with us. We appreciate your business and we're glad that you choose to stay here with us. Our hotel here is the newest Hampton Brand hotel in the greater Charleston area and our convenient location to Historic Downtown Charleston allows us to be a great value, especially to our many loyal Hampton brand clients that keep coming back to us time after time. The immediate area here is somewhat limited in the mid to upscale dining options, however, we are about 3 miles from all sorts of casual dining restaurants...almost too many to count. And many of them do provide us with discount coupons to give out to our clients. So the next time you stay with us, please be sure to ask for them at the front desk. Thank you once again for your comments and for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites. We love having you here! Hope to see you again soon...
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is a great hotel. When you walk in you see this expanisve area -- very beautiful. The room was very clean and the front desk people couldn't be nicer. The Director Tom B. is the best. He has a very welcoming and fun personality. The complimentary breakfast was great too. We would stayhere again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your very kind words and for sharing your experience here with us on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your business and that you chose to stay here with us while visiting the Charleston area. We do have a lot fun working here and in doing so we also get to meet so many wonderful people too. No doubt, just like you...so thank you for sharing your experience here with us and with the many others that will read about your stay as well. Come back and see us again soon...
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I've stayed in many Hampton Inns, but this was my first time at this one. The room was almost perfect, as was the temperature and bathroom. Breakfast was great. The only complaint is that the walls were thinner than I would have expected at a Hampton Inn, as I was able to hear conversation in the room next to mine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your very recent stay here with us. We do strive for perfection here and being almost perfect helps us to know that we need to sharpen our skills every day. I too travel a bit and when we stay overnight, there are times when we hear our neighbors in the next room and maybe they hear us as well…hopefully, because we're having way too much fun being away from home. So please do accept our sincere apology if this may have caused you any inconvenience during your stay. We hope that we will see you again the next time you come back to visit Charleston. Thank you again for sharing your experience here with us...
clermo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Hotel has very clean nice big rooms and comfy beds!!
The staff is awesome and Tina help us with all our needs
I rate this hotel AAAAA we had a coupon and walk in had no problem with them to honor it
You must come and stop by and veiw the rooms and you will see what I am talking about
Microwave in room also and refig. a big desk and flat screen tv
Love it

Room Tip: great rooms new rooms awesome clean big rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd? Share your experiences!