“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I enjoyed our 3 day stay at Staybridge Suites in North Charleston... Our experience here was awesome... Friendly Staff... Nice Clean Room... Flat Screen TVs in bedroom and family room... Stainless appliances... and a nice bathroom... the area of North Charleston is full of many different places to eat and shop... not to mention the beautiful downtown Charleston... Only about 10 to 15 minutes away... Our room was reasonabley priced as compared to rooms downtown... The staff told me this location was approaching their two year anniversary... We had a complimentary breakfast each day... not just bagels and fruit... a good southern hot breakfast and they serve you a complimentary supper Monday thru Thursday evenings... Kesha the girl at the front desk explained that if we needed anything at all... dont hesitate to ask... I just want to thank StayBridge Suites in North Charleston , South Carolina for making our experience the most it could be... We will be returning in the future...

Room Tip: They put us on the front side of the hotel... I was worried the sun might beam in on us allot... Tur...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Surprise, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We arrived quite late and had the slowest check in ever. No one else was check in just us so it did not make sense to take 25 minutes. My husband fell asleep in the car for quite a while while waiting. With that said the room was of a nice quality. Perfect for a longer stay since it had a full size kitchen with dinnerware. I would give this hotel 5 stars, however the curtains did not closed all the way and we had a bright light shining on our faces the whole night.

Room Tip: Make sure your curtains close all the way
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Traceyhustead1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites North Charleston, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your experience at our hotel. We strive to continue to improve and appreciate the feed back. I am investigating why your check in was slow as that is not usually the level of service we provide.
I do want to let you know that each suite has 3 sets of drapes. The first are 2 decorative panels and then shears and at the back, closest to the window, are a set of black out drapes. Perhaps the black out drapes were not seen when you closed the sheers. We do leave them partially closed now so they are easily accessible.
Again, thank you for your comments as we strive to make each stay exceptional. Please return soon!
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I was at this hotel for almost 3 months on a business trip. The hotel is a half hour drive or less to two public beaches and minutes from downtown. The staff was very friendly and personable. The room has a full kitchen with pots/pans, glasses, and eating utensils. The workout room is nice. Also, they provide free laundry machines. The best part to me was the continental dinners Mon.-Thurs. The food was great!
My only complaint was the swimming pool the size of a postage stamp.

Room Tip: call ahead, they book up fast in the summer
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
West Alexandria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

On our recent family trip we struggled to find a room that would accommodate the six members of our family. We felt lucky to find such a room at the Staybridge Suites but had no idea how much we would enjoy those accommodations. The staff was friendly and courteous. We had an excellent breakfast every morning with a variety of options. After a long day of sightseeing, Monday through Thursday we ate the free evening dinner. The food was delicious and a great money saving feature. My daughter enjoyed swimming in the pool and renting videos (also for free). Each evening we watched a family, fun movie, making memories that will last a lifetime. We also enjoyed eating South Carolina peaches as a late night snack in the kitchen area of the room. This hotel truly was our "home away from home."

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I love this hotel! I go the Charleston area quite a bit and this is my hotel of choice. They provide a full hot breakfast and from Mon-Thurs. a full dinner and its a real dinner not just hotdogs! So you save a lot of money on food. When I checked in they had an upgrade available that they offered me due to being part of their points program. They allowed me to check out late since I wanted to get in a nap before I drove back home to FL. And when I did drive back home they baked me some cookies for my trip! Customer Service is awesome and the rooms have everything an apartment has except an oven but you dont even need that since they offer dinner. Overall just a great place Im never let down when I stay there.

Room Tip: Sign up for their points program
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Stayed five nights in a one-bedroom/two-bed suite with three of my sisters. Plenty of room for all of us. Very clean. Conveniently located of off the interstate. About a 20-minute drive to downtown Charleston. Only a couple miles from a major road with a lot of stores/restaurants (Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) in case we forgot something or wanted to eat close by.

One great thing we didn't realize until we were there is that the washer and dryer are free for guests. A nice bonus. Since it's more of a long-term hotel, you have to request room cleaning, which I didn't like. The indoor pool was never busy when we used it.

It's not in a very pretty area, but it was nice coming back to every night to get away from all of the tourists and crowds everywhere else. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I am a frequent solo traveler and this hotel is the first one that has been so fantastic I have felt a need to share my wonderful experience. From the moment I walked in I felt a sense of welcome. Frankie at the front desk greeted me with a smile and her friendly effeciency was just what I needed after the long trip. The room was just as I had reserved but I was still pleasantly suprised with the spacious suite. The kitchen included marble countertops, a full size refrigerator, stove top, dishwasher, microwave, everything I needed for my stay. The room was spotless. I met Flora putting out breakfast the next morning and just like Frankie she was very warm and friendly. There was a hot buffet breakfast every morningand a full delicous dinner Monday thru Thurs. I stopped by the front desk to ask about things to do and Julie was cheerful and full of information. I had a plan and directions in hand in minutes. Everyone I met at the hotel was pleasant and really seemed to care. sometimes being away from friends and family is hard, but Staybridge literally felt like a home away from home. This place is highly recommended. I know I will be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Staybridge Suites North Charleston? Share your experiences!