I can't say anything too badly about this place. The rooms are decent by Courtyard standards. My room had a mini fridge, a decent flat screen TV, ok beds and free wifi. It has a pool you can take a dip in. There is also a small workout room with only a couple of different machines. The staff was extremely nice. And there is a bar downstairs that serves breakfast for like $10.
But if you are going on a trip to visit Charleston...stay closer to downtown. It's probably a little more expensive...but it's totally worth it. Charleston is a wonderful city. One night I took a cab (which the hotel called for me) and it was $20 to get downtown one way. Another time...I grabbed a cab in downtown to take back to the hotel and it was $35. If you plan on going downtown...you'll be spending any money that you're saving on cabs.
There is a shuttle that will take you to nearby (not downtown) places to eat. But it stops at 11pm. There are pretty much no restaurants in walking distance.
I was here on business. So it wasn't my choice where to stay. If I visit Charleston again on leisure...I will definitely stay downtown.
Charleston is a wonderful city with plenty of things to do and great places to eat and drink. Do yourself a favor and stay closer to downtown. It'll be a lot easier for you to get around.
If you're here for one night on a layover and have an early flight in the morning...then this hotel is perfect for you. The shuttle will take you to the airport.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott North Charleston Airport/Coliseum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Charleston North Hotel North Charleston
- Courtyard North Charleston
- Courtyard Hotel North Charleston
- North Charleston Courtyard