“Extremely service focused and lots of perks” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #20 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Indianapolis
“Extremely service focused and lots of perks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

Stayed for a convention x 5days. The convention center is right on site so no problem getting back to your room. They offer a great breakfast for free in the am where ven the omlettes are made to order...excellent. For happy hour, all cocktails are free, not just woine and beer, and they have a nice sampling of appetizers to go with them. The restaurant food is good and the staff is very very polite and service-focused. It was a good stay and 5 minutes from the airport with a shuttle service. Very enjoyable. My one complaint is the lack of free wireless. This should be a given and it should not be an extra cost.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

My husband and I along with our friends stayed at this location. We enjoyed it so much. The rooms were clean and the staff was excellent, and the breakfast buffet was delicious. We were less than a min from outlet stores and restaurants and twelve min from downtown charleston. This hotel was easy to find off the highway. Perfect stay for couples and families. We will return to this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

Very well kept and clean. Staff vvery Friendly. Hotel buffet excellent. The hotel room rates are pricey but it is Charleston. Very near lots of chain resturants and Tanger Outlet Mall. it is located in North Charleston but uick access to Downtown Charleston

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

Very nice hotel. Check-in was a breeze. The room was very spacious. The bed was comfy. Surprised the room did not have flat screen TVs but it was not an issue for me. The living room also had a large desk that could seat 4 people. The bedroom also had a desk. The location was good. However, you will need a car to get downtown. I did love that there were plenty of restaurants and shopping (Tanger Outlet) nearby.

Even though the hotel was hosting 3 family reunions, we had no problems at breakfast and the manager’s receptions. We just had to make sure we got there early before it got too crowded. The omelet station did get long at times. Manager’s reception was nice but crowded of course. I cannot comment on the pool, fitness center, and the restaurant since I didn't use them.

The only setback to this hotel was having to pay 10.00 for 24 hrs. of internet access. I didn’t think there were still hotels that charged for this. Granted there was a business center, but with only 2 computers and 3 family reunions this didn't seem feasible. I would stay here again, but theinternet cost is a definite turnoff. Check-out was a breeze too.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

I stayed at this location in July 2009 with my husband and 3 young children (ages 9,7,3). We chose this location because it was connected to the Convention Center, where my daughter was dancing. We booked the hotel 9 months in advance, then once our plans in regards to the dance schedule were finalized, we re-booked using the pre-pay option one month in advance and saved $220 on our room over the course of our stay.

We arrived at 3:30pm and the check-in process was easy. They were very accomodating in regards to our request for a room on a high floor (there are 9 floors). The hotel lobby was beautiful with glass elevators and little ponds.

We stayed in the standard one bedroom suite. There were 2 double beds, which were not comfortable. The comforters were very cheap and kept falling off the bed and getting bunched up. The sofa bed was fine for my children's use. The room had 2 TV's, which was very helpful with a family of 5 and the refrigerator and extra sink were very handy. The bathrom was spacious and clean, but the water pressure was not good. Also, the stopper in the tub did not work. Our room was cleaned every day and we had no major complaints, except that we booked the room for 5 people, and for the 1st few days I had to call down to housekeeping for extra towels, as only 3 sets were left in the room. They finally got in right on our 3rd day.

We used the pool a few times while we were there and it was a standard size. My only complaint was that the pool towels were very small and not stocked often enough.

We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast every day of our stay. There was a large selection of foods, including an omelette station, scrambled eggs and breakfast potatotes and meats, cold cereal, fruit, french toast and pancakes, and an assortment of breads and muffins. There were cold and hot beverages. Breakfast was constantly busy, however we were able to get a table every day with no pronlem. My only complaint regarding breakfast was the "clean-up" service. The hotel employees that were bussing the tables were very quick to grab plates, in some cases before were we even done. And I also found their practice of putting a tray with other peoples dirty dishes down on my table while they were clearing plates to be disgusting.

Overall our experience was positive. I would definetely recommend this hotel to anyone having business at the convention center. I found the hotel to be both kid and business friendly.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Belfast UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

Great Hotel but the location is not very close to downtown, so a car is essential.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

The hotel is connected to the convention center, so if you're going to an event at the center, this would be the place to stay. The hotel was nice, but the indoor atrium area was very noisy at night. Great complimentary breakfast in the morning and drinks at night. However, I did get a lot of unexplained bug bites. I checked my bed for bedbugs, but didn't see any. Maybe I got the bites when I was out and about, but I first noticed them when I awoke after the first night at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Airport/Convention Center? Share your experiences!