“Excellent place to stay when visiting Charleston and the surrounding area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston

You added Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5059 N Arco Lane, North Charleston, SC 29418   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #44 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to stay when visiting Charleston and the surrounding area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was an ideal location to stay for Charleston and the surrounding area. The hotel is ideally placed near to the highways and Charleston, as well as a Walmart Superstore, restaurants, other shops and a Tanger Outlet Mall. The location has all the things you would need to support a stay at this location. The car park was ideal, as were the facilities on site. I had all the things I needed. The grab and go breakfast is convenient and ideal, and the staff were all very polite, helpful and friendly. Thoroughly enjoyed my week long stay here and it was really very comfortable and relaxing. Good value for the money and I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Any rooms are fine - and all overlook the car park and surroundings.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review your recent stay with us. I am so happy to learn that you enjoyed our clean rooms, free grab-and-go breakfast and our convenient location at a great value. Again, thanks for the feedback. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights while attending a professional conference. Using Priceline, I was able to book the room for $53 a night. Cost was primary given that all conference expenses were out of pocket and not paid by my employer. The room was just a basic room--nothing extraordinary. The bed while not uncomfortable wasn't great. The towels were very thin and had the texture of sandpaper.

All room entrances are on the exterior of the building and there are no elevators. There is quite a bit of noise from interstate traffic. Also, be prepared for your room to rattle and shake when anyone within several rooms of yours slams their door.

The grab and go breakfast was adequate. It consisted of muffins, granola bars, fruit, coffee and oatmeal packets.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your room. I apologize that you found your towels to be thin and rough. As well, I am sorry that you experienced noise disturbances from the nearby traffic. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at NCA@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay for a night and found this online. The stay was less than enjoyable, thank goodness we were not in the room for very long. We we arrived to check on our room around 2pm, we were told that the room were not available yet, which was okay since check in was not until 3pm. We left and grabbed a snack and returned about 3:15pm and were again told the rooms were not ready. I was assured that we would have a room when we came back since we were meeting friends for sightseeing and dinner later. The room was available when we returned about 8:30 that night. The walls are paper thin, so if the TV is turned on next door you might as well turn yours on the same station because you can hear both very clearly. The bed was not the best but not the worst I've ever slept in. The bathroom did not have a drain stop for the tub and there was no hair dryer. I will say that the room was clean and all the kitchen utensils seemed to be available (although we did not use). All in all, I'm not a hotel snob but would not recommend this particular hotel to a friend unless they were desperate.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies that you room was not ready upon your arrival. I discussed your comments with the team to ensure that your experience is not repeated.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at NCA@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Great value.Clean rooms, comfortable bed, warm and wonderful staff and top it off with blueberry muffins and a great cup of coffee every morning! I would recommend to friends and family. The GM here Travis is so helpful.

• Stayed January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your clean, comfortable room and our staff. As well, it is great to know that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team.

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!
North Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Everyone from the reception desk to housekeeping personnel have been extremely helpful and courteous. My room looks to be recently remodeled. Everything is in good working order. It has a small two burner stove and a full size refrigerator. Plus pots pans and a few dishes. No loud guests. Parking lot well lit. This location is close to other hotels, a good variety of restaurants and wal mart. The airport is nearby as well.

• Stayed December 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff's customer service and your room. I am so glad that you enjoyed all of the amenities we had to offer!

Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Clean and Comfortable. Service very good. Helped me with a number of local questions. I needed to fax some items during my stay and they were more than happy to help! I would use them again, as needed.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Steve - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your room and the helpfulness of our staff. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed here while trying to relocate to the area, the stay was ok the toilet leaked every flush. reported the problem and no actions took place. it was loud from other guests and maintenance work. only stairs. decent location.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. The situation you described concerning your toilet is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are making sure management knows about all maintenance complaints so we can follow up to make sure they are completed in a timely manner. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback.

Please feel free to contact me directly, at nca@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions.

Been to Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston? Share your experiences!