My husband and I stayed at this motel a week ago before boarding our cruise ship, and then again a couple of nights ago after coming back from our cruise. The first night went fairly well, nothing special to report. The place matches the price you pay. No positive or negative surprise.
The second night was quite different. Several things happened that really bothered us.
First: We checked in at about 7 pm or so. Thirty minutes later, someone banged violently on our door and when we looked through the hole to see who it was, no one was standing in front of the door. It was a little freaky because the hotel is not in the best area of town. We called the front desk and asked them to send a security person. Instead of sending an adequate security person, they sent the lady from the front desk (who was nice enough, by the way). She said she would check it out and make sure everything was ok. Everything was calm after that.
Secondly, as I was sitting at the desk, I could smell cigarette smoke coming from the room that had its back to ours. I don't know if these people were in a smoking room or not, but since I had requested a non-smoking room, I expected to not be bothered by cigarette smells. That went on for a couple of hours at least. I think it might have come from the electrical outlet... but I'm not sure. I called the front desk a few times to report it, but no one picked up this time.
Also, the walls at this motel are paper thin and you could hear your neighbors if they were loud (which they were) and you could hear their shower pretty loudly too.
Thirdly: This place accepts pets. Around 4 am, a small dog in one of the rooms started yapping and we kept hearing it until morning. Thank God for earplugs!
Small detail: The first night, our room had tissues. The second night, it didn't.
Breakfast offered a variety of items, but they were of poor quality, in my opinion.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Charleston Hotel
- La Quinta Charleston Hotel North Charleston
- La Quinta Charleston
- Charleston La Quinta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEW! Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD programming. Easy-access Plug-and-Play feature makes it simple to connect electronics.The La Quinta Inn Charleston North is just north of Charleston International Airport and Air Force Base. Easy highway access puts you close to all area attractions: Historic Charleston and Fort Sumter, Carolina Ice Palace and North Charleston Coliseum, the Performing Arts Center and ...see moreSouth Carolina Aquarium. In less than twenty minutes, reach the beaches, Patriot's Point/Yorktown, Fort Moultrie, and Magnolia, Middleton, and Boone Hall Plantations. Enjoy Frankies and Whirling Waters Fun Parks, and the woodland and wetland trails of Wannamaker Park. We are close to Northwoods Mall and Cinema, a variety of great restaurants, and plenty of challenging golf courses. The La Quinta Inn Charleston North provides spacious and comfortable rooms with free high-speed Internet access, a 27-inch television with movies-on-demand and available video games, a coffee maker and speakerphone with data port connection. King rooms feature a recliner and plenty of workspace. Our staff prepares a Free Bright Side BreakfastTM to help you start the day off right. We also have a refreshing swimming pool (heated seasonally). Centrally located with easy access from I-26 at Ashley Phosphate Road (exit 209). Convenient for visitors to the Citadel, College of Charleston, and Medical University of South Carolina ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, LaQuinta, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your La Quinta Inn Charleston North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.