“Ehh been better” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5045 North Arco Lane, North Charleston, SC 29418-7001 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #29 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Lake City, Florida
“Ehh been better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

myself and my 2 friends booked here for 2 nights for a mini vacation. upon arrival we found out that they had given away our double room and we got stuck with a single. So one night we all had to sleep together on a queen the next night 2 of us slept on the floor! In the defense of the girl at the counter she tried to get us a room at a sister hotel but everyone was booked. However she could have pulled someone else's reservation that didn't need a double maybe with only 2 people like they did us just we had 3!!! we booked a double and I called and confirmed days after I made the reservation...The room smelled funky a little, the shower took forever to get hot, the breakfast was anything but...we had ants in our "kitchen" ...no pool....the lock didn't work ... no cups for brushing teeth... there was a bullet hole in the TV and in the corresponding spot behind the TV!...bed was hard as sh*% THEY DIDN'T EVEN OFFER ME A DISCOUNT FOR THE 2 HORRIBLE NIGHTS OF SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS!!....the location was the only good thing. I will never stay there again/

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel so your not on the floor!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the booking issues that you experienced during the check-in process and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our reservations policy and cleaning procedures so that these issues do not affect our future guests. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel.

If you would like to provide any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, nct@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
myrtle beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

not clean as it should be. Its nice but dirty. Staff lazy. Thank God no bugs crawling around or i would have left. The hallways smell like smoke / other substance. We slept wit lights on looking for bugs crawling around. No bugs. we kept our bags on top of kitcken counter zip up so if they did have bugs that.Had to go out and buy clorox cleaner and spray shower / Toilet its was all dirty.

• Stayed April 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Your review was recently brought to my attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the level of professionalism displayed by some members of our staff and the level of cleanliness in your room. I will meet with the staff to review our guest protocol and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is very important to us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, nct@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Extremely disappointed. They were rude and very in caring. Manager constantly on phone with personal calls while people were waiting. He and his staff were like robots and hated their jobs. The room was non smoking but smelled like a bar.

• Stayed April 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the odors in your room and the level of professionalism displayed by some members of our staff. I will meet with our entire staff to review our customer service policies and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, nct@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Clean and comfortable, if smallish suite. Price should have been about 20% lower considering absence of daily housekeeping. Pleasant grounds, easy parking. Good location in North Charleston near shopping outlets and restaurants. Easy access to Hwy 26 into Downtown Charleston. Limited cold breakfast choices in a pleasant but small room. No major negative issues.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Arthur - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate your kind comments about our location. As well, it's great to hear that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. Still, I apologize if our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at chabbick@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Have had no issues since staying here. Had a reservation at the one two doors down and it was super small. Came to this one and they got us a room no problem. The hotel is very clean. Always have clean towels. Have never ran out of hot water while showering, and this is a huge plus. Nice court yard with chairs and grills. I have a large dog and it's quiet enough in there to let him run around. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Wish more hotels took pride in their place and their guests like this one does.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you are enjoying the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we appreciate the opportunity we have had of hosting you.
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights waiting to go to settlement on our house. This place was awesome. Meet some great people staying there..friendly staff. Clean rooms...beds were good. Room was a true non-smoking room. Quiet. I can truely say we had a great experience with them. I would definitely stay there again. I would recommend to anyone to stay at this motel.

• Stayed January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed our convenient location and friendly staff. As well, I am glad that your clean, quiet room met your needs.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Walterboro, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Reserved for two nights, my husband really enjoyed it, no safety or cleanliness issues, but very busy and a lot of guests. This is designed for longer term stays and has facilities for cooking and storing food and plenty of space for paperwork - which was great for my hubby!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Shelby - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice things about our hotel and staff. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay and would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport? Share your experiences!