“Average to Good” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5045 North Arco Lane, North Charleston, SC 29418-7001 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #33 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
New York City, New York
“Average to Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Clean and comfortable, if smallish suite. Price should have been about 20% lower considering absence of daily housekeeping. Pleasant grounds, easy parking. Good location in North Charleston near shopping outlets and restaurants. Easy access to Hwy 26 into Downtown Charleston. Limited cold breakfast choices in a pleasant but small room. No major negative issues.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Arthur - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate your kind comments about our location. As well, it's great to hear that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. Still, I apologize if our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at chabbick@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Have had no issues since staying here. Had a reservation at the one two doors down and it was super small. Came to this one and they got us a room no problem. The hotel is very clean. Always have clean towels. Have never ran out of hot water while showering, and this is a huge plus. Nice court yard with chairs and grills. I have a large dog and it's quiet enough in there to let him run around. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Wish more hotels took pride in their place and their guests like this one does.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you are enjoying the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we appreciate the opportunity we have had of hosting you.
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights waiting to go to settlement on our house. This place was awesome. Meet some great people staying there..friendly staff. Clean rooms...beds were good. Room was a true non-smoking room. Quiet. I can truely say we had a great experience with them. I would definitely stay there again. I would recommend to anyone to stay at this motel.

• Stayed January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed our convenient location and friendly staff. As well, I am glad that your clean, quiet room met your needs.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Walterboro, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Reserved for two nights, my husband really enjoyed it, no safety or cleanliness issues, but very busy and a lot of guests. This is designed for longer term stays and has facilities for cooking and storing food and plenty of space for paperwork - which was great for my hubby!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Shelby - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice things about our hotel and staff. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay and would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
nirth charleston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Lots of drama and crime stayed for 3 weeks cops were there every other day swat team kicking doors in staff was pleasant but didn't know what they were doing Raye changed every other day night staff was rude and the manager was a piece of work I'd stay elsewhere not worth the price you pay you aren't safe here

• Stayed December 2013
Youngstown, ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Checked in for a weekend stay. Was given a room we did not book. We booked a queen and front desk insisted I booked a double bed room. Room was dirty. Carpet not cleaned. Food on floor. Sticky spots on floor. Old food left in refrigerator. No clock. Microwave had turned red inside from spilled over tomato sauce which had splattered onto side of refrigerator. I understand that sometimes staff cleans in a hurry so I let some of it go and cleaned myself. That was until my teenage son comes out of the bathroom and asks "What kind of hotel doesn't give you shampoo but gives you DOUCHE?" I found douche packages a long with a rubber applicator tip in bathroom as well as dried BLOOD on shower curtain and bathroom cabinets. That was enough. The staff at front desk was as appalled as I was. They apologized. The credited us one night's stay and the manager himself cleaned the room for us. When we went back it was unrecognizable. Spotlessly clean. The staff (most) of the staff gets A for effort. Not sure who was supposed to clean our room before we checked in but they get an F. Great location as well. Easy QUICK walk to outlets.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the condition of the room at check in is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I have reviewed your comments with the staff here at the hotel and I am personally re-training them on the items that I saw were missed when I came back to re-clean your room.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at nct@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Again, Thank You.
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Sharia at the front desk was amazing! She smiled the whole time and helped with anything we asked. The whole staff was accommodating and the hotel was clean and safe! Having the fridge/microwave/stove in the room was great since we have kids. Great stay and a great value and we will definitely repeat it!

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport? Share your experiences!