You added Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5045 North Arco Lane, North Charleston, SC 29418-7001 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #34 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
“Functional”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

If you just need a place to lay your head. I would not recommend. Nothing ran across my feet, but I fully expected something to. 1980's suite quality. Someone fried fish on our hall. No room service, take your own towels to the front desk. The thinnest mattresses I ever slept on. Not very homey at the homestead suites. Won't be back, ever!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here, unless everything else is booked.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Despite being next to the airport, it was quiet and I was never awakened by over flights (I satyed there a month- May 2012). The hallways were kept clean and the room was clean (including the kitchen, utensils,floors,beds,carpet, bathroom). It is very convenient to Boeing (I'm a contractor there). Also, it's right next to Walmart Supercenter so grocery shopping is a snap. It's also next to the Tangers outlet mall. (I'm not a shopper...but for those that do it's very convenient). There are also plenty of eateries within a block.

The only drawback..the pool is only 3' deep and not very big. It's for kids I guess. Also, the excersise room is somewhat antiquated (stair stepper, treadmill and bike...that's it)

Room Tip: I was on the third floor, South end. I had zero problems with noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Turbeville SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband had a transplant 3yrs ago and we spent a wk at this Hotel suite. We've returned to the same hotel for 3yrs and always know exactly what we're getting. The suites have kitchenettes w/everything you'll need, complimentary coffee in rooms, complimentary continental breakfast each AM in the lobby dining area, clean rooms and no surprises. The front desk staff has always been extremely courteous and helpful. This is an extended stay hotel but give us just as great service if we only stay overnight as if we'd spent the whole week. Laundry room on the 1st floor too if you need it. Tanger Outlet is across the street, WalMart up the street and many eating places in the area. We ate at a Golden Corral that was fabulous! We'd recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Great Location. 2 sec from outlet mall, but there are far better Hotels on Arco Lane or surrounding area to choose from. Rooms are very small, bed was awful. Bathroom is even smaller. Was not worth the $$$. No house keeping, have to go to front desk for towels. Be sure you have your own soap and shampoo!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Richmond VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

My wife and I recently spent four nights at this facility. Since we did not realize the suite would include a separate bedroom from the sitting room and kitchen, that was a pleasant surprise. Another thing we did not know in advance was that the quoted rate did not include housekeeping (i.e., no daily room service). That, if we wanted it, was $10 extra per night. We declined, because the staff was happy to exchange fresh linens for dirty if we were willing to take used linens downstairs to the front desk. That worked out OK. Another surprise was the nearness of the facility to the airport--a situation, to be fair, that the desk clerk warned us about when we checked in. Happily, this did not prove a problem, since we did not hear any air traffic after dark. During the day and early evening, it was a different story. The landing pattern puts aircraft very close overhead. We were not there enough during the day that this really mattered. Another minor note: breakfast is only put out on weekdays. Since it was a modest breakfast in any case, this did not bother us. We had, after all, a kitchen in our suite and a nearby WalMart for groceries. As best as we could tell, this kind of facility (part of the ExtendedStay Hotels chain) draws a lot of its customers from temporary workers or other business people, because the parking lot was largely empty by 8 a.m. Whether this contributed to the relative quiet of the place at night, we can't say. We did experience one moment of concern when a guest just a few doors down from us left his two dogs in theroom while he went out--a really bad idea. I had to speak to the front desk about it. The dogs went crazy. Another minor incident occurred when several women decided to hold a birthday party in their suite for one of their children. We encountered the party crowd in the hall and elevator. Fortunately, their suite was not near ours so we weren't bothered by the party itself. On the subject of cleanliness, we did notice that the kitchen and bathroom floors had not been adequately cleaned, although it was primarily a matter of a sticky kitchen floor. Again, nothing to get too upset about. This facility, by virtue of its proximity to the Convention Center, is one of many hotels--all clustered around a big shopping mall. Finding the Homestead was a bit tricky the first time, partly because my Google map was out-of-date, forcing me to call the hotel for directions and consulting a AAA map. All that said, we found our stay at the Homestead to be both comfortable and reasonably priced.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
St. John's, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

Ok,

So I booked this place on short notice for a 1 night stay prior to an early-morning flight from Charleston Airport. I picked it from a list as being a "$100 Range" hotel... in the area, and seemed to meet my expectations for quality.... boy was I wrong.

I was okay with it being an older hotel, and not being as updated as others... heck, that was fine. The place seemed nice enough at first entry... then I got in the elevator and noticed that 2 buttons were falling off, and the elevator was from the 1960s it seemed.... very slow, and didn't always make it quite "level" on the end floor.... making it "pause" for a somewhat unnerving 30 seconds or so before opening!

I entered the no smoking room, and it had a bit of an odor of a room that would have been smoked in but (attempted) to be cleaned. The furnishings were that of an old hotel as well, and the bathroom was not nice, though decent.... unfortunately no fan, and little air circulation made the whole room smell like the bathroom when nature took its course! (note: no shampoo provided in this hotel bathroom!)

The AC was a typical LOUD wall unit, but it did work well enough... one of the somewhat updated components.

I went to sleep... then when I awoke and turned on the light.... there they were... a couple of fast-moving cockroaches on the kitchenette counter.... running away from the light. Under the coffee pot, then the toaster.... JOY!

For $108 for the night, I do not expect to have to worry about these... and on the 3rd floor, so this isn't just a bug getting in by chance... this is an infestation. Sickens me.... bugs = filth. No excuse for a chain hotel to have this.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

I'll admit, I read the reviews before staying here and I was pretty worried. The hotel was a little hard to find at first off the highway, but you can reach it by making a few right turns off I-26 and going around in almost a complete block. The room was very comfortable, a little dated, but comfortable. We didn't use the kitchen area, but it was clean and had tons of space. It's located right around the Tanger Outlets, with lots of great restaurants (Red Lobster, Buffalo Wild Wings, Outback) and really close to the airport and highway. The only negative things I can say about the stay was that there was no shampoo in the rooms, there was quite a bit of dust on top of the refrigerator, and wifi did cost us $3.99. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you don't want to pay the prices of downtown hotels or you want to be around things to do.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Charleston - Airport? Share your experiences!