I can't say enough good things about this property! It is located perfectly for any destination in the Charleston area, although you will need a car. (Easy and fast commute into downtown and we had no problem finding parking.) The exterior is attractively done to give it a Charleston feel with alternating colors resembling row houses. The lobby is attractive. The staff is SUPERIOR in terms of friendliness and professionalism. It has a fantastic pool and hot tub with lovely wooden outdoor furniture and a barbeque for grilling. It even has a basketball court - which we'd never seen before. The rooms are spacious and attractive with a 'full kitchen" (minus an oven), iron and board, hairdryer, 2 TV's, desk, dining table, etc. The bed was very comfortable and the room very clean. The towels were soft and large. The shower had lots of pressure. The complimentary breakfast buffet is the best we've ever seen, with something for everyone. They even have a little grocery store by the front desk if you need something. The only negatives were it was a bit of a walk from the elevator to our room and we sometimes got lost; the door to the bathroom was a little tight against the toilet; and the bed was too close to the sink to use the large overhead light if someone was sleeping. But really, I'm nitpicking here! Unless you are looking for an historic inn "experience" downtown, you won't find a better deal in the Charleston area. We paid $99 a night through Orbitz.
***While in Charleston, be sure to do the Ft. Sumter boat tour from Patriots Point in Mt. Pleasant. You get a closeup view of the USS Yorktown and other vessels (and can take tours of those, if you like), you get a great and relaxing boat ride while viewing the beautiful new bridge and downtown Charleston from the harbor and a hear a very interesting history lesson from the excellent park rangers to boot. Best $14 you'll ever spend!***
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Residence Inn by Marriott - Charleston Airport welcomes you to the beautiful city of Charleston. Located minutes from the Charleston Airport, Charleston Convention Center/Performing Arts Center, Boeing, Charleston Air Force Base, Naval Weapons Station, FLETC, Blackbaud, Port of Charleston, historic downtown Charleston, and many other exciting attractions. Our 150 suites offer separate living and sleeping areas, plenty of space for relaxing, entertaining or meetings and a fully equipped kitchen with refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Start your day with a complimentary breakfast in our gatehouse, and join us for our weekday evening hospitality hour. Take advantage of our outdoor pool and hot tub, fitness center, and sport court. We look forward to seeing you throughout the spring season! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott - Charleston Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott - Charleston Airport Hotel North Charleston
- Residence Inn North Charleston
- North Charleston Residence Inn