“Very pleased” 5 of 5 stars
Review of North Charleston Inn

Save Saved
You added North Charleston Inn to your Saves list
North Charleston Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2934 West Montague Avenue, Interstate Highway 26 and West Montague Ave., North Charleston, SC 29418   |
Ranked #33 of 58 hotels in North Charleston
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Very pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

stayed at this Hotel a couple of years ago it was okay. Was very pleased they remodeled the people who work there were very polite and helpful Will stay there again

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

264 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I have read many of the reviews on this motel and many others in this area...and believe me, there are many motels in this area...and there are not many positive ones. I was a little leary on this motel because it is a little old but I can not say it enough that this is definitley a diamond in the rough! The rooms are clean, the staff is wonderful and the outdoor pool is absolutely beautiful. And that's not the best part...it is the cheapest motel in the area! My husband and I decided to extend our trip one more night because of the experience we had. Keep up the good work North Charleston Inn...we'll be back!

Aiken, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

Noisy...noisy....noisy.....'nuff said......airplanes flyin low all night

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

My husband and I were quite impressed with our stay at The North Charleston Inn! The staff was very friendly and eager to help in any way they could to make our stay more pleasurable! The housekeeping staff was awesome! Our room was cleaned,and fresh towels daily! I called the front desk and ask for some extra coffee later in the day and were quite surprised the Executive Housekeeper herself came to our room with the amenities, she asked about our service and was willing to give us anything else we might have wanted! We enjoyed the beautiful pool, we were impressed how quiet and relaxing this hotel was. I would, and have recommended this hotel to all my friends and family who is looking for a great experience when visiting the Charleston area.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

Well, allow me to begin by saying this is probably the first "good" review i have ever given. I am a sceptic by heart. But as i sat thinking of my last stay at the N. Charleston Inn. I realized that if one place deserves a "good" wrap, so to speak, it is definitely this place. Now don't get me wrong, this is no Waldorf Historia. However, what i'm about to say i can because i have been visiting this Motel for almost nine years now. I get to Charleston about four to six times a year. So i have seen my share of transition within this Motel (management, personel and decor). As i begin to tell you my opinion, remember that this place is one of the older motels in the city and as older motels go, well i'm sure you know what i mean. First and foremost, let me begin with what is to me, the most important thing. In the past two years or so i have noticed the rooms are clean,, no,,, really,,, these rooms are fantastic !!! I'm no longer afraid to where socks in the rooms and not my shoes all the time. I kept with each visit, noticing and swearing the comforters smelt fresh and clean. Now i don't know about anyone else, but i have NEVER smelt fresh comforters at a Motel in my life. So, i finally asked one of the girls that cleans the rooms about it. She said that the Executive Housekeeper insistes that they too are washed !!!!! . I remember a time when i would visit and there would only be a washcloth hanging on the bar with no towels, no soap, lights that did not work, rooms that stunk, well you get the picture.The young lady i spoke to also said that her boss, a lady by the name of "Miss Cyn" (hope i spelled that right) washes pillow, curtains and even takes out the vents to the a/c's and cleans the vents and the coils. I just can't say enough about the rooms. Now let's get to the front desk. My ONLY problem with the front desk is basic customer service. I want one of those nice southern smiles and a pleasent voice to speak to, and one who know what there doing. Every time is seems like the desk staff just might have it down, Bam!!! new staff , or old staff still struggling to learn there job. But all in all, they are no worse than any others, I think it's just a sign of the times (work ethic).But really folks, if your looking for a nice clean room ,great location, and a good nights rest at the best prices, this is the place to go. Oh, and though i've never used it, they do have a nice pool in thier center courtyard. Two thumbs up N. Charleston Inn on all of your improvements !!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

Had a wonderful visit at this hotel. The front desk staff are warm and welcoming and always ready to help you with anything you may need. Continental breakfast was nice and the rooms were cozy and clean. We stayed 2 extra days because we loved it so much. I will definitely stay here again!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

I recently stayed one night at this place to catch a flight out of Charleston at 5 am. I should have known I was in trouble when I was walking by rooms and I seen a HimiIayan cat laying on the window sill. Upon arrival, I had to switch rooms immediately when I discovered stains on the bed spread. There were red spotted stains on the toilet to go with the mismatched tank cover in the next room I was given. Also the A/c was busted.
Don't dare tread on the floor without using sandals. The rooms themselves are NOTHING like the pictures on their website. They look as though the rooms are never cleaned, rather just picked up for the next sorry couple to enjoy. I did not sleep on the bed because the bed spread had suspect stains all over it as well.
Keep in mind your by the airport and will get rumbled upon when a plane goes over head. The planes stopped at midnight and began again at 2 am. Some will make your teeth chatter.
If you have a family, DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILDREN HERE!!! The drug traffic is so obvious as it is the same 2 guys all night long busily bustling into multiple rooms, multiple floors while another one stayed in the car. When I left at 4:45 am to the airport they rolled on by still "payin the bills."
I also enjoyed the nice fight outside my room about 2:30 am between these 2 young guys but don't worry, your secure in your room with the supplied dead bolt, chain lock, and knob lock. You will need all of them for piece of mind.
The staff on that night were the most unpleasant people and shouldn't even be on the payroll. I could go on forever about this place because I never stayed in a place this dirty before where I actually had to put a clean shirt over the pillow to rest my head on while I was in the chair trying to sleep sitting up!
Do some research as there is way better hotels within walking distance to this one. Save yourself a night you won't ever forget!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to North Charleston Inn? Share your experiences!