“The North Charleston Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of North Charleston Inn

Save Saved
You added North Charleston Inn to your Saves list
North Charleston Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2934 West Montague Avenue, Interstate Highway 26 and West Montague Ave., North Charleston, SC 29418   |
Ranked #35 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Roebuck, South Carolina
“The North Charleston Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

When you book a hotel on line, you just never know what you are going to get when you arrive.
WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE!! We were in town for a tournament and needed an inexpensive hotel for a long weekend. The room had all the amenities that my family needed, a fridge, microwave, and wifi. Children stay free, added bonus. Yes, the building is older, but very clean. All of the employees were very helpful and friendly. I delt with Ann mostly, talk about customer service oriented. North Charleston Inn has a winner in her. My husband has a health issue, I explained it to Ann. She was very understanding and accommodating. One more praise for Ann. We had a friend come visit us while staying at the hotel. He lives in Charleston and was looking for a job. She call several people asking if they knew of anyone looking to hire a chef. What do you know, someone was looking. Our friend applied immediately online in the front lobby. Oh yeah, they have a computer in the front lobby for guests. Clayton was helpful also. He did his best to help my daughter when she went to the front desk to ask for something she had forgotten at home. We will definitely be staying there again when in Charleston.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank-you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you found that the microwaves, refrigerator, and free wireless amenities were helpful. I am glad you had a chance to interact with Ann and the rest of hotel staff during your stay. My team is dedicated to making your stay as comfortable as possible. I am glad we were able to accommodate all of your needs and hopefully your friend will be able to land that Chef job! I hope you have a chance to visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I came to Charleston on a last minute decision without any place to stay to participate in the Charleston Marathon. North Charleston Inn was recommended to me as my friend has read the reviews which were good. Upon entering the hotel, I was greeted by Ann. Ann had a nice personality and was just welcoming. So the customer service was on point and was a major factor in my decision to stay with the North Charleston Inn. Ann was very willing to assist and made my visit and stay in
Charleston very simple. Kudos to Ann as she was very courteous, welcoming, friendly and helpful!! Please take care of those who take care of your hotel! Also wanted to give Kudos to the lady who cleaned up my room! Room was fine for the price that I paid.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank-you for taking the time for writing your review of our hotel and staff. I am very pleased to hear that my team provided you a memorable service experience. We take great pride in providing great service to all of our guests. I will make sure to pass your kind comments along to Ann and the rest of the team. I hope you fared in well in the marathon and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Charleston.
Anderson, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Its unbelievable the type of service we received during our stay. We felt like we at one of the more expensive hotels in town. If you're lookin for a cheap hotel with good service this is the one. It's not high on amenities but the service is top notch. Ann at the front desk is wonderful. We have a family own business and she is the type of person I would want working for us. If she ever relocated to our town it would be a job waiting for her. She is such a pleasant lady and knows how to give great customer service. Next time we are in town the North Charleston Inn will be our hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. I am so very pleased that you enjoyed the great service that we strive to provide to all of our guests. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed your conversations and service that Ann provided for you specifically. She is a great ambassador and a true asset of our hotel . I will make sure to pass along your comments to her. Thank-you again for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Charleston.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel as we needed a place to stay for a night before checking into our B&B downtown. This is close to the airport so very convenient for us as we arrived late. We were greeted by Ann who is so friendly and welcoming.The staff was all very courteous. The room itself was very basic, no frills, but did have free wifi. No transportation offered to and from the airport, which is my only complaint. Other than that it was fine for the price we paid.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I am glad that you were pleased with your stay, the price and the service that you received from my team. The hotel does not have an on site transportation service but we do have a close working relationship with many of the taxi services in the area. We can make a reservation for you and have the taxi ready for you at anytime you request. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the free wireless internet. It is a creature comfort that is throughly enjoyed by all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Highlands Ranch
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Give that lovely lady a big raise! I see several others have sung Ann's praises and we're pleased to join in. Ann's pleasant assistance and concern for our stay was simply exemplary, we felt truly welcomed. Other adjectives that come to mind are: sweet, smart, funny, humble and extremely helpful.

The hotel itself is a little tired in places - Room 124 for example, where my mother (88) and daughter (25) stayed on Dec. 17th - strange wiring, old carpet, etc. But overall, having a fridge, microwave and continental breakfast make the hotel a very good value. We wanted something inexpensive as we were just flying in and out of Charleston after spending several days in southern NC for our son's wedding. On our return night, Dec. 24th, the two rooms we had (102 and 110) were fantastic - newish everything and we loved it. We slept like babies, and needed it badly after all the wedding festivities! Being winter we weren't outside much, but the grounds around the pool area were well-groomed and the lobby and eating area were bright and clean.

But the highlight is Ann, she's a blessing! Keep doing a great job girl and you will go very far in life.

Room Tip: 102 & 110 were great - ground level, large, clean, close to lobby and just steps from parking.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank-you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you had a chance to stay with us on multiple occasions during your wedding trip. I will make sure to pass your glowing comments along to Ann. She is a true embodiment of southern hospitality and will go to any length to make your stay with us a memorable experience. I am glad you enjoyed the hotels amenities and that you had a chance to enjoy breakfast with us on several occasions. We hope to see you soon on your next trip to or through Charleston!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Although we were assigned smoking rooms and the glaring sodium vapor security lamps seeped into the room at night, we had an uneventful two-night stay here. Very convenient location - get on and get off the freeway in seconds - and proximity to the airport shopping area made it a suitable location for us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank-you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the hotels amenities and all of the surrounding areas attractions. Our location lends itself well to have easy access to the Outlet Mall, Airport, and Coliseum. Our parking lots is very well lit for the convienece and security of all of our guests. We also have rooms that face our landscaped courtyard and pool which offer less of the parking lot lighting. We hope that you will join us again on your next visit to Charleston.
Kansas city
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

If you are a smoker this is the place for you. In their defense it's probably the cheapest hotel in the area that isn't rented by the hour. We found a huge clump of hair in our first room, the phone didn't work and the lock was broken. They traded us rooms. I will say Ann at the front desk is very nice and helpful. She should quit and go to a better hotel.

Room Tip: Bring a scented candle.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank-0you for writing your review of our hotel. I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us and we have taken corrective measures with the maintenance problems that you pointed out. I am glad Ann was able to to move you to a room that met your expectations. Once again, we thank you for your response and patronage and rest assured the issues that you encountered have been addressed with the appropriate members of our staff.

Been to North Charleston Inn? Share your experiences!