“Five+ Stars for Ann” 4 of 5 stars
Review of North Charleston Inn

Save Saved
You added North Charleston Inn to your Saves list
North Charleston Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2934 West Montague Avenue, Interstate Highway 26 and West Montague Ave., North Charleston, SC 29418   |
Ranked #35 of 58 hotels in North Charleston
Highlands Ranch
“Five+ Stars for Ann”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Give that lovely lady a big raise! I see several others have sung Ann's praises and we're pleased to join in. Ann's pleasant assistance and concern for our stay was simply exemplary, we felt truly welcomed. Other adjectives that come to mind are: sweet, smart, funny, humble and extremely helpful.

The hotel itself is a little tired in places - Room 124 for example, where my mother (88) and daughter (25) stayed on Dec. 17th - strange wiring, old carpet, etc. But overall, having a fridge, microwave and continental breakfast make the hotel a very good value. We wanted something inexpensive as we were just flying in and out of Charleston after spending several days in southern NC for our son's wedding. On our return night, Dec. 24th, the two rooms we had (102 and 110) were fantastic - newish everything and we loved it. We slept like babies, and needed it badly after all the wedding festivities! Being winter we weren't outside much, but the grounds around the pool area were well-groomed and the lobby and eating area were bright and clean.

But the highlight is Ann, she's a blessing! Keep doing a great job girl and you will go very far in life.

Room Tip: 102 & 110 were great - ground level, large, clean, close to lobby and just steps from parking.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank-you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you had a chance to stay with us on multiple occasions during your wedding trip. I will make sure to pass your glowing comments along to Ann. She is a true embodiment of southern hospitality and will go to any length to make your stay with us a memorable experience. I am glad you enjoyed the hotels amenities and that you had a chance to enjoy breakfast with us on several occasions. We hope to see you soon on your next trip to or through Charleston!

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Although we were assigned smoking rooms and the glaring sodium vapor security lamps seeped into the room at night, we had an uneventful two-night stay here. Very convenient location - get on and get off the freeway in seconds - and proximity to the airport shopping area made it a suitable location for us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank-you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the hotels amenities and all of the surrounding areas attractions. Our location lends itself well to have easy access to the Outlet Mall, Airport, and Coliseum. Our parking lots is very well lit for the convienece and security of all of our guests. We also have rooms that face our landscaped courtyard and pool which offer less of the parking lot lighting. We hope that you will join us again on your next visit to Charleston.
Kansas city
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

If you are a smoker this is the place for you. In their defense it's probably the cheapest hotel in the area that isn't rented by the hour. We found a huge clump of hair in our first room, the phone didn't work and the lock was broken. They traded us rooms. I will say Ann at the front desk is very nice and helpful. She should quit and go to a better hotel.

Room Tip: Bring a scented candle.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank-0you for writing your review of our hotel. I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us and we have taken corrective measures with the maintenance problems that you pointed out. I am glad Ann was able to to move you to a room that met your expectations. Once again, we thank you for your response and patronage and rest assured the issues that you encountered have been addressed with the appropriate members of our staff.
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Hotel room was tidy, clean and satisfactory, however we were placed in a non smoking room that shared an adjacent door with a smoking room so the smoke smell came in. So we had to request to change rooms at 10pm at night in the cold which was not made an issue by management they came and gave us new room keys promptly but I dont understand why a smoking and non smoking room share an adjourning door.
Also in the middle of the night someone had an argument outside and tried to open our door. The room does have 2 deadbolts and a chain which made us feel better about this.
Breakfast was an assortment of hot and cold and was good.
Overall good value for the money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank-you for taking the time to write yourt review of our hotel. We apologize for the smoke you smelled coming from an adjacent room. I am glad that we were able to move you to a room more to your liking. Our rooms are separated into smoking and non-smoking sections and do not have two rooms together that are different types. I am glad that you brought this to our attention and we will look into the matter. I am glad you enjoyed the free continental breakfast in the morning and found the hotel to be a good value. I hope you can visit us again next time you are in Charleston.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I would like to recognize an exceptional employee of the North Charleston Inn. I commend Ann for her professionalism and courtesy; she is always very attentive and pleasant. I am very appreciative of the service she provides me every time I call or show up to the front desk looking to get a room. She is what customer service is all about. Because of an employee like Ann I continue to use this hotel again and again, week by week. I am ever so grateful when I walk into the lobby and Ann is there on duty. She is one of the most valuable assets of this hotel.

Sincerely

Luis A. Medina

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank-you for your review of our hotel. I know that you have stayed with us on many occassions. It is easy to be exicted to see Ann, as she is exicited to see our return guests and chat with them. We look forward to seeing you again soon and I will let Ann know you will be coming back so be prepared to fill her in on all of the happenings since you last spoke. Again, thank-you for your patronage!
Blythewood, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The North Charleston Inn was quite pleasant, clean, quiet and very comfortable. The staff was great and as others have said here, ANN was fantastic, so sweet and so very helpful, she is surely an asset to this establishment. I found no mold, no bugs, and no dirt anywhere. It is not
ultra modern and the tub/toilet areas are quite small, but that's not a deal breaker for me. I only seek these benefits when staying at a resort, but when looking for a nice place to sleep on a budget you can't go wrong with this Inn. The only flaws I found were the bedspreads which are long past their prime and should be changed and they could provide more than one trash can (one in the sink/bath area would be nice). However, neither of these two issues would prevent me from staying there again, we had a splendid time and I would certainly return whenever in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank-you for your review of the hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations and the staff during your stay with us. We are in the process of upgrading all of our rooms with new bedding. I hope that we can host you again soon so that you may enjoy many of the improvements that we have implemeneted. I will also pass along your kind words to Ann. She loves to hear that she made a guest's experience memorable!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

My over all stay here was very good. Roy was very helpful and nice on getting everything me and wife needed. He responded very quickly. Ann was very helpful in getting us in the correct room during check-in. The room was clean and comfortable. I will return again looking for the same great service from Roy and Ann!!! Thanks for the nice services!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank-you for taking the time to write your review of the hotel. I am glad you had a great experience staying with us. We have a great team here that are willing to assist you in any way to make your stay more comfortable and convenient . I will make sure to let Ann and Roy know you appreciated all of their help during youre stay with us. We hope to be able to host you agian soon!

Been to North Charleston Inn? Share your experiences!