“Staff went above and beyond” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Charleston Airport / Conv. Center

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Charleston Airport / Conv. Center to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charleston Airport / Conv. Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5048 International Boulevard, North Charleston, SC 29418   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% with AAA
Ranked #3 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Staff went above and beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

First time I've been compelled to write a Trip Advisor review ever. Bottom line, staff went above and beyond for me when I stayed here, particularly the assistant general manager. I was stuck in Charleston after flight out of town cancelled. Despite being short on staff the assistant general manager personally picked me up at airport and drove me to a restaurant so I could get dinner. I have never seen service like this particularly at this value level hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cori L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charleston Airport / Conv. Center, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Hello! Thank you for taking time to share your experience! I appreciate your kind words about Kerri, our Asst. General Manager. I know she will love the recognition! Thanks again for staying with us!

Cori.Lovern@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Front desk, all of them, especially Melissa, sincerely friendly and helpful. Breakfast and receptions are very good and emaculate. Suites are cozy and hotel is close to every direction. Never waited for anything and advise was always right there at the front desk if needed. Pool was nice and exercise room was perfect. I would definately recommend this place. Oh yea, we stayed a week, the beds were cozy, pillows confortable and never heard a sound a night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cori L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charleston Airport / Conv. Center, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing the hotel! I appreciate your kind words about the property and especially for taking the time to mention Melissa personally. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

South Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here for five nights on business. I normally try to stay at Homewood Suites for the comfort, breakfast buffet, afternoon. Managers reception, and the free WiFi. This location did not disappoint me. The rooms were well kept, and very comfortable. This location is near the airport, and is about nine miles from the downtown area, but is a couple blocks from the convention center,

Prior to my arrival I needed to add a couple nights to me stay. I called the hotel directly and was told the hotel was booked, but before I could ask for an exception, the desk clerk I was talking to offered to take my number, talk to the manager and get back to me. Within a few hours I not only got called back, but they had arranged things for me to have the extra two days, I would refer to this as going above and beyond their duties for a guest, and truly appreciate the extra efforts to help a Hilton Honors gold card member. This is why I continue to stay at Hilton brand hotels. Thank you for your extra efforts.

I would stay at this hotel again when in the Charleston area.

Room Tip: I always ask for a high floor, away from elevators. I had that this time and the room was quiet. The...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing the hotel! I'm so happy we were able to accommodate you for the extra days you were in town. Our Front Desk team is always happy to help out. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton HHonors program as well! Thanks for staying with us!

Fredericksburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My first experience with a Homewood Suites but will not be my last. Very nice and clean rooms, comfortable bed and very friendly staff. Enjoyed my stay! Morning breakfast was diverse and very good with different items each morning. Evening Managers get together was very nice. Enjoyed a nice glass of wine with a simple, well cooked meal. Fitness room was set up very well with good equipment for a nice workout at the end of the day. Bed was very comfortable, and enjoyed being able to sit on a couch, relax and enjoy a nice movie to end the day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing the hotel! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your first Homewood Suites experience. The evening meals and spacious suites sure make it easy to relax while you are on the road! Thanks again for sharing your feedback!

Summerville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Huge suites, squeaky clean, comfortable at a very reasonable price for the Charleston area. Convenient to interstates (26 and 526), downtown and the beaches. Close to the airport as well if you are flying. Fully equipped kitchen if you need it, really comfy beds, good breakfast (free), good (free) dinner M-Th with free beer and wine. Very helpful and courteous staff. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words about the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. ( I especially loved the "Squeaky clean" part!) We work very hard to make sure you feel at home while you are our guest and I'm glad you had that experience.

Thanks again for staying with us!

Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights while in the area for work. It is very close to the airport and I26. It is only about 15 minutes to historic Charleston. There is an outlet mall close and some restaurants. My room was very clean, and quiet. No issues. I did not use the fitness room-I ran outside. I did eat breakfast one day-but only grabbed a bagel. The staff were helpful with questions. I would def. stay here again if in the area.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello! Thanks for reviewing the hotel! I'm glad you had the opportunity to run outside while you were here. The Tanger Outlets are a great place to run with less traffic! We look forward to seeing you again! (Maybe next time on a weekend so you'll have time for breakfast!)

Thanks again!

Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed at Homewood Suites after arriving late into Charleston before leaving next morning for Hilton Head. Night manager picked us up at the airport and delivered our luggage while we were checking in. After a nice hot free breakfast the next morning, the shuttle driver dropped me off at the car rental lot. Room was clean and quiet and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing the hotel! I'm happy you had a positive experience with us even though you were only here a short time. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Charleston.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Charleston
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Holiday Inn Express and Suites C...
#2 of 59 in North Charleston
4.5 of 5 stars 242 reviews
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport a...
#4 of 59 in North Charleston
4.5 of 5 stars 279 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Air...
#9 of 59 in North Charleston
4.5 of 5 stars 461 reviews
Staybridge Suites North Charleston
Staybridge Suites North Charlest...
#1 of 59 in North Charleston
5.0 of 5 stars 195 reviews
Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center
Home2 Suites Charleston Airport ...
#15 of 59 in North Charleston
4.5 of 5 stars 489 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention
Embassy Suites by Hilton North C...
#20 of 59 in North Charleston
4.0 of 5 stars 666 reviews

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Charleston Airport / Conv. Center? Share your experiences!