“Very run down, but only $59 a night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Newberry

You added Days Inn Newberry to your Saves list
Days Inn Newberry
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   I-26 & Hwy 34/Winnsboro Rd, I-26 & Hwy 34 Exit 74, Newberry, SC 29108   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Newberry
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very run down, but only $59 a night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

This hotel is in the middle of nowhere, so it is slim pickins, but just as a warning. I think some people live in this motel, and not high society. The comforter had at least five cigarette burns on it and a stain that looked like urine on the underside of the comforter. The floor was wet and stunk, as the ac unit was leaking heavily. Breakfast consists of two types of cereal and a muffin with coffee or juice. Although I would never stay here again, it wasn't too bad I guess for $59.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2007

I spent two nights at the Days Inn in Newberry and would stay there again in a flash. (I read the previous review and should mention that I like hard beds. I found the bed quite comfortable. I slept better those two nights than I had the previous two nights at a motel that cost three times as much.)

There is nothing even remotely elegant about this motel. It's bare-bones -- dare I say rednecky? If you're seeking luxury, do not choose this motel. But I found it quite satisfactory for my purposes -- a place to sleep while taking cemetery pictures in the vicinity. And I loved the fact that I was paying what motels cost thirty years ago. (I chose the non-refundable internet rate.)

There's no decent place to eat anywhere within a good many miles, but the rooms do have refrigerators and microwaves. I realize that many people feel safer in motels with only inside doors, but I kind of like the old-fashioned way of being able to park your car just outside your room and walk in from the parking lot. I guess Jack-the-Ripper might have knocked down my door in the middle of the night. But I didn't worry about that possibility. And he didn't show up.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — No Nearby Restaurants
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Western Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2006

I don't know about you but, one of the important things to me while on vaca or even just a place to stay while visiting family as that is what we did, is for my bed to be comfy! Everything else in this Inn was GREAT except the bed! To me and my husband we thought the floor was way softer and comfy than the bed! We were in room 205 and I don't know if ALL the beds are the same but, that one was horrible! We didn't spend much time at the Inn cause we were there to visit family for the weekend that didn't have enough space for us to sleep. I was in a hurry to get back home to my bed or wished I was in Myrtle Beach in our Inn's bed and that is bad when you are there to be with family! Would I ever stay there again? IF I absolutely had to and first I would request a different room to see if maybe it was just that one.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Days Inn Newberry? Share your experiences!