“Fabulous Friday Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 41 Restaurants in Newberry
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, International, Dessert, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fine dining located in historical downtown Newberry, SC; Figaro is a few doors down from the Newberry Opera House and is open daily for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner and serves brunch-only on Sunday.
Columbia
“Fabulous Friday Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Absolutely delicious food! We were celebrating an early Father's Day with my Dad and so enjoyed the Reuben's, the atmosphere, the margaritas and the service! It's the perfect halfway meeting spot for my folks and me! Can't wait to try the Sunday brunch!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Happened upon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

While traveling to NC parked across street when looking for another restaurant. Liked specials. Great food from breads, vegetables to fresh seabass and filet with grilled watermelon. A refreshing respite.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Very Pleased with the food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

My sisters and I visited Figaro's on March 22, we had a wonderful meal, drinks and excellent service provided by Tracy P. If your coming through, by or to Newberry this is the place to enjoy a great dinner.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia, South Carolina
“Fabulous restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful dining experience at Figaro's for lunch yesterday. Our group of three was immediately struck with the elegant interior. The owner came over to our table and spoke to us as did the chef. Our waiter, Tracy, was exceptional. The food was freshly prepared and delicious. The relaxed ambience allowed us to linger over lunch before strolling around the square in Newberry. This was an easy drive from Columbia, we plan to return soon.

Highly recommend!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia, South Carolina
“Very disappointing in several ways”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We dined here on Saturday, February 22, before a show at the Opera House. It was a disaster. We were seated at 6:00 pm but our waiter didn't show up to take our orders until nearly 6:30 pm. Then it was a rush to complete the dining process before the 8 pm show. The waiter explained that several of the menu items weren't available as soon as he approached our table. He took our orders and it took a while for our salads to come out. My wife and I had requested dressing on the side but they forgot. It took several more minutes for that problem to be corrected. The salads are served with a large crouton made out of grits--but ours were stone cold, meaning they hadn't been recently prepared. Instead they likely came out of a freezer and were zapped quickly in the microwave. If you like bread and wine with your meal, think again if you come here. There is no complimentary bread offered. The wine--the HOUSE wine--is $15 a glass! Seriously, this is highway robbery. The entrees were decent--no major complaints except that the flavors were strictly average, the portions were on the small side. The prices were again exorbitant for a restaurant in a small town like Newberry. I got a lasagne dish that was $24. It came with one side. I requested the spinach, but they forgot to bring mine out with the pasta dish, and only after I had eaten half of my dish did a small bowl of over-sauteed and bitter spinach arrive.

To be fair to this place, I wrote my concerns down in a nice way and communicated via the "Contact Us" portal of their own website. Two weeks have passed, and they didn't even have the decency to respond. That is what has really annoyed me. A new restaurant on the scene, and they can't even take the time to respond to legitimate complaints. My wife and I spent over $110 on our food and drink, and it was at least double what the food was worth. We felt like Figaro's overcharged for the dining experience that we had, and more importantly, no manager ever stepped forward to acknowledge the service lapses and make things right. What kind of place just ignores customer feedback?

Our advice is: Steer clear of this place. The food is okay, but you will be charged a premium, and you may still be hungry when you leave. There are better choices elsewhere downtown.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
FigaroSC, Manager at Figaro The Dining Room, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Sir,

I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at Figaro. It is a part of our mission statement to provide outstanding hospitality to customers, and you obviously feel that didn't happen.

As a new restaurant, we are always striving to improve, and I appreciate you letting me know where we need to focus.

I hope that you would consider trying Figaro again. Please feel free to contact me personally if you'd like to make reservations or arrange for special requests. I would be happy to ensure that you get a great table, delicious food and stellar service.

Kind regards,