“One Way Ticket to yum” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Greer, South Carolina
“One Way Ticket to yum”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The One Way Ticket is a heavenly panini whose toasty ciabatta sides contain the following goodness--carmelized onion, brie, paper thin slices of Granny Smith apples, and bacon. Along with this, I had to try the cream of dill pickle soup. The soup was good--it was salty and delish, but I don't think I'd order it again. Hubby ordered a personal size pizza which was huge, and he only ate half of it.

The food was good, and the prices were very reasonable, but the waitstaff seemed less than happy to be helping us. She did seem to warm up toward the end, but for only having about a half dozen tables, we did have a long wait.

I'll wrap up by saying that that I am pleased The Flying Pie was our pick for a stop in Newberry. That sandwich was worth it!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“I was right the first time!! Stay away!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I first wrote a review for the Flying Pie a while back. My son really wanted pizza, so I thought maybe, just maybe it had gotten better. There were only 2 other tables with customers when we were there. However, we still had to GET UP to get the waitress attention for a refill of our drinks and more napkins. I ordered a panini and the bread was soggy. How is that possible?? Nasty!! My son said his pizza was pretty good. My daughter and I both had upset stomaches the next day! We would have been better off going to Pizza Hut! And the bill was over $40 for lunch....in Newberry. Must be out of their minds to charge those prices!!

Michigan
“Fun place, good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We arrived late in Newberry for an overnight stay while traveling. This was one of the few restaurants open and boy am I glad it was. Our server was excellent. In fact, we chatted with a few of the staff as it was late and not a lot of people at that hour. The food was different and really good. I had a great soup and brie cheese with almonds and peach jam (I'm sure there was a different name on the menu other than jam but that is kind of what it was) served with fingers of toast. My husband had a great sandwich which he loved and an interesting selection of beer. The place has it's own style but not sure what it is. Kind of a mix of past and present. We were so enticed by the different shops that were of course closed that we intend to add Newberry as a stop on our next foray to that area. We will definitely eat again at the Flying Pan.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, SC
“Should have paid attention to other reviews...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Well, buyer beware. I should have paid attention to the other reviews, but was hoping against hope that it would be okay.
The service is slow, every time we needed something, we had to flag someone down: drinks, silverware, condiments. My wife ordered one of the burgers. I didn't know they were even allowed to serve them that raw in SC. I guess they made up for the doneness with the overcooked red potatoes.
I had a Panini. Okay, I had toasted bread with a few slivers of meat inside.
The couple that I assume owns the place were there, but only talking to a select few of the guests. I know this is a small town, but it's also suppose to be the "Town of Friendly Folks". Being able to hear a bit of their conversation, all I heard were disparaging remarks on how the downtown is being neglected by the city government. Well, how are they suppose to promote a business that doesn't do a good job of promoting themselves? Oh well, you live, you learn....

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chester, Maryland
“Very welcoming, fun decor, good food, courteous service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Fun place walkable distance from hotel. Really good pizza and wings, good beer selection. Friendly, helpful waitresses, cool decorations, lots of fun.

Visited October 2013

Been to The Flying Pie? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Flying Pie, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.