“Never Again!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #193 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
north carolina
“Never Again!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We made reservations through orbitz and recieved a conformation. I even called the hotel and yes they recieved it from orbits and nothing would be charged to our card until the day of arrival. Cool. We were running late getting to the beach and we called Sea Dunes to let them know we were on our way is when they told us we had no room. Said they sent a email and also contacted orbits but they didn't have a phone number for us. Oh Yes they did!! We never recived an email and orbits stared they had on call on their log. Orbitz found us another hotel within 30 mintues, Thank God considering it was 4th of July week. NEVER AGAIN will i deal with the Sea Dunes

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New Castle, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Our first trip to myrtle beach....hoping to make good memories for my kids....but afraid all they are going to remember is this filthy, nasty hotel. the only good thing about it is that it is right at the beach and the view from our room was really good, and close parking. Other than that, if you can overlook the filth, the bugs, the slimy bathroom floor, the smelly room, and overall trashy condition you might be ok. We had booked online for $100 a night to get a room overlooking the ocean. When we arrived they were charging only $59 a night, but would not refund our money when we told them we were leaving. inside our room, the door had been kicked open and the lock and woodwork broken away from the wall. they had taped things together in the "kitchenette" and roaches were stuck to the tape. The shower tub would not drain. It appeared that some people might actually be living out of some of the rooms as their residence. Cigarette smoke EVERYWHERE! We even had black mold on the ceiling above the beds. there were holes in the floors covered by carpet. Elevator doesn't work and was too old and rickety to use if it did work. Please, please, please.....don't stay here. We left forfeiting our money. This place is not safe, nor healthy....needs to be condemned. Great news is that a new hotel is being built right next door. Maybe they will tear this one down to create a parking area for the new one.

Room Tip: to pick a good room, which is clean, mold and roach free,....stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I can survive just about anything...but Priceline really oversold this place and I regret not coming to TripAdvisor. The carpet is dirty, the bed linens are ancient, the kitchette is either rusted or moldy (Pick one! Or both!). Never have I ever gone to a pharmacy to purchase aor freshener for a hotel/motel before. BUT.... The receptionist was ver nice and this pace is right on the beach.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We checked in for an extra night and was given room 302. In a dark alcove. First lights beside bed don't work,dirty nasty floors,bathroom had pubic hair in shower and in sink. Remote control on tv didn't half work. Full of teenagers and while I don't mind that. They were out of control..security didn't do or say anything to them..the smell of pot was so strong you could smell it in our room..I opened a drawer for clothing and it was full of black dirt and one table was covered in sand..the towels looked like they had seen much better days..the shower nozzles you had to work with to get them to turn on and the commode ran all night long. The walls and doors were so nasty and the Windows were filthy.. the lady who checked us in had no personality at all.. we asked for another room and was told that was all they had which was not true...so don't waste your money stay somewhere else..anywhere else..

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mebane, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Hey! First don't try to buy champagne with your beer money! I booked a night here despite of the bad reviews, I didn't have one problem here. The people were nice, the building is old and yes it needs repairs but so what. It was clean sort of, I mean they could of vacuumed a little better. But I would definitely stay there again :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hillside, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I am so sorry that I subjected my grandchildren this to place !!! This was their first flight and vacation experience with me and I wanted it to be special. Well it was special. OMG ....roaches everywhere of all sizes...foot long roaches, baby roaches etc.. We would leave the room and come back to them meeting us outside the door and all in the kitchen and bathroom areas. The rooms were run down and carpet looks like it hadn't been changed in 100 years. They had plenty of pools but they were dirty, bugs floating around and debris. The kids had a ball with the unlimited pools and water park area and of course the beach. Thank God for the boardwalk and Broadway activities. It was the WORSE hotel I have ever seen!!! I will NEVER go back. My youngest grandson was scared to go to the bathroom at night by himself because of the roaches. They were even in the microwave !! I knew what to expect when I saw the lobby and hallways. DO NOT EAT at the Breakfast restaurant, dry meat and runny eggs, food looks and taste like it had been there for days (leftovers). The room was not ready when I arrived so we had to wait in the lobby for a few hours. They said I could change in the bathroom and use the facilities while I waited. I told them they were kidding !!!! It took so much away from the vacation to stay in a dirty hotel. I changed rooms but I went from bad to worse.... and they had the NERVE to charge me extra to change rooms. I thought I had booked an ocean view, little did I know that ocean view was a view of the ocean from a corner balcony. I changed to an ocean front room in the newer part of the hotel. It was better located for beach and water park activities but still just as dirty and moldy. I have never been so disappointed in my life. Don't believe the pictures, they must have taken them when it was first built. Lets not even talk about the odor!!They need to revamp the entire resort. I am so sad for my grandchildren, I am on the internet right now trying to find another vacation spot to make up for this disaster. They should be fined by the Health Dept. Freaking ridiculous !!!! If I owned a demolition company I would tear it down myself.

Room Tip: There is no good room.... they smell and are dirty with roaches all over the place.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This place is a joke. The ONLY thing that it had going for it is that it is on the beach. We were promised an oceanFRONT room but when we got there they gave us a side view room and told us that would have to be OK. There are NO REFUNDS. I wonder why??? The room was disgusting. The lights halfway worked. The T.V. did not. There was a hole in the door. The carpet looked like it was a hundred years old. The staff was rude. And then they couldn't give us any towels for two days because they didn't have any. My family and I had an awful experience.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Sea Dunes Oceanfront? Share your experiences!