“Honest Review” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Blue

Save Saved
You added Hotel Blue to your Saves list
Hotel Blue
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   705 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly Tropical Winds)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Fall Deals! $37 Rates
Ranked #106 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Honest Review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for five days and honestly it is not the best hotel and it is definitely not the best. Over all the hotel is okay. We had an ocean front room and the view was amazing. The pool bar and atmosphere was fun and we enjoyed it. Our biggest complaint was the elevators were broke half the time when we stayed and the bed was kind of hard..but for a decent price you can't expect everything to be perfect. Okay experience.

Also, my boyfriend and I would spend a couple nights at the outside bar at the hotel right beside hotel blue. They have karaoke some nights and it was a chill way spend the night.

Stayed July 2014
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
We would like to thank you for posting a review for us and apologize for any issues you had while staying with us. We strive hard to do our very best and hope our guest have a great vacation. We are glad that you liked the bar and views..We hope that you will stay with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Ok, where to start. The Hotel Blue is not what it used to be. We had stayed there several years ago and it had changed drastically and for the worse. Room was in bad shape and it was seven wonders people did not drowning or get hurt during pool therapy! Don't go.....stay away!! Toilet in room was loose and would almost turn over and fan in bathroom sounded like it was going to blow up. We left 2 days early as we had enough.

Stayed July 2014
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Our room was right above Blue Bar/Cafe, Room 430. If you stay at any of X30,X32,X28 side, you are right above it. The loud top20 music comes on ALL day and night until you call the front desk. The good thing is that they will turn it down or turn off the outside speakers. They try to attract the young crowd but really wasting time. In the middle of peak summer time on Saturday night, there was no one outside. But they will keep the music going. Pool area also. I don't know how the sister hotel next door, family-oriented Captain's Quarter can stand the music. The beds were comfortable, fairly new. Bring the slippers, the floor is disgusting. Can't walk barefoot. The bathroom drains are both clogged and not fixable so they take out the drain stoppers. The towels were dirty and were always out of the clean ones when the maids came so we only had large towels and no wash clothes or hand towels. Only 2 out of 4 stove tops worked. Remote controls in the rooms: can't surf with arrows up/down. only changeable with pushing the channel #. Location was okay. right in front of the beach. pool is small. jacuzzi and lazy river looked disgusting. Don't let the "blue" fool you. It's just as same as the other run-down hotels.

Room Tip: Nothing near or above the front desk/Blue Bar, -28~32
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have stayed here a few years ago and it wasn't bad.
This return trip is showing no updates on the rooms or building. OLD SMELLY MATTRESSES. This place is not a family place. THE POOL WAS a teenage wet bikini contest and so packed I had to go elsewhere to take my three kids swimming. THE ROOMS HAVE FILTHY TILE FLOORS. Terrible and rude customer service. I WILL NEVER AGAIN WASTE MY HARD EARNED MONEY HERE.

HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review. We sincerely apologize for any issues you had while staying with us. We are currently in the process of getting all new mattresses in the resort. We are constantly improving and we invite you back to experience all the new renovations.
Baltimore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

My first experience with myrtle beach and staying at hotel blue was horrible . It was so bad I decided to cut my vacation short one day. The room was a trash box . Ceilings caving in ..bed uncomfortable and itchy . Like they don't change sheets . Bathroom disgusting . Hallways full of dead bugs . Staff not helpful of what activities or specials giving to you as a guest. Very boring resort. Whites thinking they own the place ugh !And overall not a good place to book your vacation . Don't book your next vacation in myrtle beach on south ocean blvd and especially hotel blue . Will never book this resort again and will never refer anyone to this .

HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We would like to apologize for any issuse you had while staying with us and your comments will used to better serve our guest in the future. We hope that you will stay us again.
Whiteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I am very disgusted with Hotel Blue. Our room was nasty, hair in the bed, hair on the sheets, footprints on the sheets, and the smell of used sheets. I have been staying here every year but the past 2 years have gotten worse and worse. I had to deal with the room door not being able to close completely and the fact that the room and elevators are falling apart. The comforter was dirty with stains all over it. The tub was nasty and the floors looked like someone had taken mud and splash over the floor. I am and will never go back to HOTEL BLUE. It is really hotel hell.

Room Tip: Never stay in room 1430. Horrible.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I was kind of scared to go to hotel blue after reading the reviews my family and I had an excellent time what some people said was not true at all. We loved our room the staff was nice I think the only thing I can complain about is the elevator but I understood that it was working over time to accommodate all the guests that were there. If I'm ever back in Myrtle Beach hotel blue will be my spot.

HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
We would like to thank you for taking a moment out of your busy day to write a review for us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again the next time you come to Myrtle Beach.

Been to Hotel Blue? Share your experiences!