“Loved It” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Blue

You added Hotel Blue to your Saves list
Hotel Blue
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   705 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly Tropical Winds)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Up To 50% Off Winter!
Ranked #107 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Loved It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

It was my first trip to the beach and we chose Hotel Blue for the nice price and ocean views. We had a king room, full kitchen with utensils and dinnerware, large bathroom, and the most amazing view. The only thing you could hear at night were the waves. We floated in the lazy river and took advantage of the bowling. You have to walk two buildings down but it's not far at all, and worth it. Our room was clean, the staff was friendly, and my trip was absolutely wonderful. I world, and have, recommend people here. It's only about a mile to the Ripley's Odditorium and Sky Wheel, with great food along the way. I was extremely happy with my stay, and hope to stay with you again!

• Stayed March 2013
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
We would like to begin by saying thank you for staying at Hotel Blue. We are so glad that you enjoyed your room and all the ammenities and even going to our Captains Quarters building. We love to read comments like yours and hope that you will return to see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Near Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I found the size of the accommodations to be more than I expected for the price. We enjoyed the location as it was in close proximity to everything we wanted to do. The king sized bed in the was very comfortable and the Murphy bed and pull out sofa gave my kids no reason to complain. We plan to stay there again sometime this year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for posting a review for us. We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your vacation with us and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to Myrtle Beach.
Lyn, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

When I booked this trip online, we were getting a 1 bedroom with 2 queen beds, a murphy bed and pull out sofa, with full kitchen. When we arrived we had 1 bedroom with 2 double beds and a murphy bed - no pull out and only an angled view of the ocean. Not impressed, but it was all they had, so we took it. That night I went back online and could not find the room that we booked anywhere, obviously they were fixing their pages. I also went online and found that a 1 bedroom with a king bed, a murphy bed and a pullout was available the next day - so I asked them if we could change - as we had 2 6' tall teenage boys and the room we were given was not sufficient. Allan upgraded us and we moved the next day.
As it was early, the pool swim-up bar was not open, the cafe was not open. It would've been nice if they had opened these for the Canadian spring breakers.
Overall, it was clean, and had everything we needed as far as the cooking goes.
My advice - be careful what you book online - contact the hotel directly to make sure you're getting what the website says.

Room Tip: Ask for "ocean front" not ocean view.
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our stay in Myrtle Beach was truly enhanced by the pleasant staff at Hotel Blue. It did not matter where we ran across a staff member, (lobby, elevator, halls or at the pool), they always greeted us with a smile and were willing to help us with our needs. This was a great contrast to some of the sour faces we encountered in some of the surrounding businesses (Piggly Wiggly).

One negative, though. The beds aren't that comfortable and could use an upgrade. Otherwise, a great weekend in MB and the hotel contributed to it considerably.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay here and for your wonderful comments on the staff. We strive to do our very best at all times. We Thak you for sharing with everyone. Come see us again as soon as you get the chance.
Asheboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My stay was from March 3-10, the room was in great shape, nice, neat, clean & had everything we needed. The inside pool was lukewarm but Jacuzzi was warmer. I used captain quarters pools & Jacuzzi & they were hot. The housekeepers were very friendly and was always polite & gave guests what they needed. The only thing I did not like was the parking, it has 8 or 9 floors to park on and we stayed on the eight floor and parked at the very top. Near the end of our stay the parking lot was crowded and there was no where to park. Overall, I loved the hotel and would recommend it to anymore.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writting a review for us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you got to enjoy our sister property Captains Quarters as well.. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Amanda, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Not sure what the big deal seems to be about this hotel. Just looks like a lot of great publicity and marketing. Then they feel short on the actual accomodation itself. Maybe we were just there at a bad time. But it didn't live up to the reviews that we saw here on TA that's for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Speedway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I booked this hotel for my husband and I June of 2012 and it wasn't as big of a room as I expected. We got an "oceanview" room with a king size bed. I guess it was my fault for mistaking oceanview with oceanfront. A view of the ocean is what you can have if you stand on the balcony. The room is tiny with barely any room to put things that you bring or purchase. The room was clean and cleaning service prompt each morning. We didn't have any problems with the hotel or the service. The staff is friendly and for the price it is worth it. The beach is right behind the hotel. The pool was nice with a swim up bar, but could be cleaned better. As I was swimming over to the bar, I passed by a floating mass of brown scum. That was gross. Overall, it was nice enough that I would stay there again. Keep in mind that it is an older hotel and it wont be perfect. I do like the attached parking garage with elevators and a ramp. Very convenient!

Room Tip: Rooms on northeast corner are subjected to loud a/c noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for positing a review for us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and agree you can beat being able to walk right off the pool deck and into the sand.. We are glad that you liked the attached garage as well, alot of our guest really like not having to walk across the street with luggage. We hope to see you again in the future.

Been to Hotel Blue? Share your experiences!