“Nice and Affordable Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Tropical Seas Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2807 South Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #91 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Florence, South Carolina
“Nice and Affordable Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

In February of 2013 I stayed at Tropical Seas Hotel in Myrtle Beach. The rates were real affordable for an ocean front room. The employees here are top notch. They had coffee in the lobby area all of the time and magazines that you could take to your room. This motel is close to the Market Commons and not far from the flea market in Surfside Beach.

Room Tip: I chose a room with just a small refrigerator because I knew we would be eating out. They also had r...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Robin T, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Tropical Seas. Thanks for taking the time to tell others about your stay. We are open all year, so please come back to visit anytime.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Mayfield, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I got to Myrtle Beach a day early and decided we would just drive around to find a hotel for 1 night since the hotel we reserved for the rest of the week was booked for that night. We pulled up and they had a vacancy. They let up look at the room before we paid, which was great. The hotel is a little pricey for what you get, (we paid about 110 for the night) however, we only needed it to fall asleep and get back up early the next morning. We slept in our clothes and didn't feel comfortable using the shower (dirty and fragile looking), we had selected early check in for our regular hotel and all decided we would take a shower as soon as we got there. All in all, I would not stay here again, but it did give us a place to rest our head for a few hours.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
I'm sorry you didn't feel comfortable sleeping in a room for which you previously viewed. I wish you had said something last year when you stayed so we could have handled your problem then. We continuously work to improve our property and hope in the future you will give us another chance.
aiken sc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here years ago and had a very pleasant stay then and I did this time as well. It is not the ritz, but it was nice. The check-in staff were very nice. Easy parking, which maybe due to the fact we were there in April(I think is considered off season). Had a side view, King room on the 9th floor. I think we were the only ones there because it was quiet. The beds were good. I hated the pillows however(they were small and flat). Elevator slow. Some things need updating. Hotel was convenient to get to where we wanted to go. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Robin T, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to comment about us on trip advisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Tropical Seas. The staff and I will be happy to accommodate you again on your next trip to Myrtle Beach. Hope to see you soon.
Graham, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Me and my husband wanted to take our 2 grandkids [ages1 and 3] to the beach for a few days. I found this place on the internet and made my reservations.I already knew for the price I wasn't gonna get 5 star. It was then I read some of the reviews, I thought '' what have I done'' I had gave them my credit card # and couldn't turn back now. When we arrived the staff was so nice and helpful, the room was small but very clean. The second day we were there was my grandsons 3rd Birthday and the staff posted it on there billboard by the road. I thought that was a nice thing to do. Our room was cleaned each day. During our stay I called front desk many for extra towels and ect... There was never any hesitation to help. Thank you Tropical Seas we had a great time!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Robin T, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to tell others about your stay at Tropical Seas. I see you had hesitation in the beginning and I'm glad you gave us a chance. We can't please everyone but we sure try to. I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation (we enjoyed your grandson) and hope you plan another visit with us soon!
Greeneville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Was traveling back from Charleston and wasn't planning on going anywhere else but ended up in Myrtle Beach. We stopped at the Tropical Seas Hotel and what a great find we found. Ocean View, no dust on anything, very clean, front desk was very helpful and everyone there was super nice. Couldn't ask for nothing better on a last minute stop going home. I recommend this hotel. We have found our home away from home there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Robin T, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We enjoy seeing repeat guests year after year and are happy to make you one of them. Thanks for the wonderful response. We'll see you in the future.
Conover, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is our second trip staying at the Tropical Seas. The last was because the place we booked in Wilmington was horrible. We had friends in Myrtle so we drove and couldn't find a place other then this. This time we stayed for the "Pee Dee Street Rodders Run to the Sun" Car Show. We couldn't break the bank, we were only there from late Thursday until early Sunday....as last time the place was clean, had comfortable beds, maids were great, and all other staff went above and beyond to help out. Now it's not a super fancy hotel, if that's what you want then you should go pay triple a night to stay there. I warned my toddler no eating off the floor of course, but come on who lets kids do that anyway..on purpose. But I do have to stand corrected. I commented the carpet looked dirty, it's not.....the carpet is a little dated. My cooler leaked a little water, when I got white paper towels to clean it up, guess what.....they were still white paper towels. The balcony was the only other place of concern, but it had rained a lot prior to us arriving. I called the front desk and the next morning the maid cleaned the chairs and wipped everything down. So all in all it was a great family palce to stay. We had a great time, and now we can afford to take another mini vacation this year because we didn't spend too much money.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom ocean front suite.... 2 queen beds, a table with chairs to eat at, a full size fridge and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I'm glad you decided to stay with us and that you enjoyed your vacation. Thank you for taking the time to share with everyone about your experience. I appreciate it and hope to see you again in the future.
Cologne, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

A refreshing place to relax and see the sights. Next door to the Crown Reef (a sister property), and Damon's Restaurant. The off season is a great time to stay while the crowds are gone and the rates are low.

• Stayed March 2013
Robin T, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Rarely do we hear the good about Tropical Seas. Thanks so much for taking the time to mention your stay. We are glad you enjoyed it and hope you come back for a visit in the future!

Been to Tropical Seas Hotel? Share your experiences!