To start with I just want to say my husband and I stayed at this resort 19 years ago (my first trip to Myrtle Beach) and it was wonderful. I wish I could say that this time. We did arrive early and they allowed us to check in early. This is the only good part of this place I can report. The room was very old with torn carpet, moldy bathroom and mold was on the air conditioner unit. House keeping did clean the air conditioner unit when ask. The next problem was I was taking a shower and discovered that the washcloth I was using was dirty. I was told by the house keeping supervisor that they were stained-that made me feel a lot better. We had 6 people in the room and were only left 4 towels at a time. The bathroom smelled terrible the whole time, the fan did not work in the bathroom. We hardly received any kind of appoligy at all. Also on the day we were due to have cleaning of our room, we were told the vaccum was broke and could not vaccum the floor. The room was very dark and crowed. We did have a great view of the ocean, but that was one of the very few pluses of the place. I recently stayed at a double tree Hilton in Orlando during spring break and paid the same as this place. Had a great time at Myrtle Beach overall, but the room was terrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All our suites are oceanfront with a private balcony. Our comfortable well-equipped rooms have kitchens with microwaves, coffee makers and toasters. Our prime location along the grand strand of Myrtle Beach makes area attractions easily accessible. Award winning entertainment and dining surround you. You can shop at the nearby Coastal Grand Mall and newly built Market Commons. Amusement parks and incredible miniature golf courses thrill the young and the young at heart. It's easy to experience all the fun of Myrtle Beach while staying at The Reef. We also sell tickets to many area shows and attractions, packaging is also available! Oceanfront or indoors, The Reef provides a lot of water fun for everyone. Swim from our oceanfront pool to our indoor swimming area. There you will also want to indulge in one our two relaxing whirlpools. There are 1o swim attractions available to you, including a lazy river and large ocean front kiddie pools! Children will enjoy free daily activities during the summer months and their parents will appreciate a night out while the children are entertained by The Reef staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your The Reef at South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef At South Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Reef At South Beach Myrtle
- The Reef Myrtle Beach