So, we have stayed at four other places over the years we have been coming to MB. Some good, some bad. What I have learned is even if I post a great review you really have to be your own judge because we have stayed at places that people can not say enough great things about and had a horrible experience. That being said..... We are moving to MB in June 2013 and we came last minute April 5-8 2013 to look at houses. We were on a very tight budget and found a different place online very close in name to this one. We had planned to book there and then found a site that had bed bug complaints listed in MB.... Be it true or not, I would not be able to sleep if I knew there was a chance of what someone put was true about that. So we actually seen someone else put a review on that site about The Reef so we checked out their web site. So, after everything we read it seemed that yes, it may be a bit older, but that it was still very well taken care of and very clean and that was what mattered the most to us. So, they had a special going on at the time we needed to book, pay for two nights and get the third night free....... YES.... Great deal. We had a suite that had a queen bed when you first came in with tv then you entered the galley kitchen and bathroom area then you entered the living room that had another queen bed as soon as you entered. Then a couch, table, and tv....
So we paid $220 and some change for this room for three nights at a busy time of April.
I say we got a steal of a deal...... Bathroom had two sinks and had the toilet and shower separate from the sinks and that was very nice. The kitchen was perfect for what we needed, full size clean frige, micro, and small stove. Had all the kitchenware we needed. The beds were clean and comfortable....
The view was amazing. Yes, some of the stuff in the room was older but was still kept in good shape, nothing broken, no rust, no mold, no smells...... Those are big things that other places do have.
We did not use the pools but did go to see them. Very clean and nice size. Had a game room. Had very reasonable vending machines.
When we checked in late Friday evening the gentleman working the check in desk was very friendly. He stated that they were fully booked so parking might be a bit tricky. He told us to go ahead and leave our vehicle at the front door, get unpacked and into our room and then come down and if I need help finding a parking spot he would help. They had three different lots to park in. We actually found a spot no problem in the under parking area, actually we had no issues the entire time with finding a space.
So if you want to listen to me then I would say stay here. We enjoyed it very much. The people working at The Reef were all so very friendly. It was very clean. And one of the big things for us that we sometimes have problems with, we had tons of bathroom towels......
I don't think you will be disappointed staying here. Very reasonable prices. We got more than our moneys worth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All our suites are oceanfront with a private balcony. Our comfortable well-equipped rooms have kitchens with microwaves, coffee makers and toasters. Our prime location along the grand strand of Myrtle Beach makes area attractions easily accessible. Award winning entertainment and dining surround you. You can shop at the nearby Coastal Grand Mall and newly built Market Commons. Amusement parks and incredible miniature golf courses thrill the young and the young at heart. It's easy to experience all the fun of Myrtle Beach while staying at The Reef. We also sell tickets to many area shows and attractions, packaging is also available! Oceanfront or indoors, The Reef provides a lot of water fun for everyone. Swim from our oceanfront pool to our indoor swimming area. There you will also want to indulge in one our two relaxing whirlpools. There are 1o swim attractions available to you, including a lazy river and large ocean front kiddie pools! Children will enjoy free daily activities during the summer months and their parents will appreciate a night out while the children are entertained by The Reef staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your The Reef at South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef At South Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Reef At South Beach Myrtle
- The Reef Myrtle Beach