“great family vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #94 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Salisbury, North Carolina
“great family vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

very friendly staff great pools good resturant/bar nice room cold air all ocean front,a place that we will come back to.As we were leaving they told us about great winter rates,weekly and monthly,a great place to take the family

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reef2101, Manager at The Reef at South Beach, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Sherriek0616,
Thank you for staying at the Reef and for taking the time to write a review. Also, thank you for mentioning our winter monthly rental program. Myrtle Beach offers a mild winter climate and is perfect for an extended stay. It is only available to non-residents of the area and in addition to the discounted, extended stay rates, we have a wonderful time with resort activities for our winter monthly guests. Hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We arrived Thursday Oct 4 2012 for Myrtle Beach Bike Week and left Sunday Oct 7 2012. This Resort has everything you need , clean rooms, Excellent Bar to ahng out at Mako's, freindly staff that accomadates to your needs. In And outdoor pool with hottubs.

Room Tip: We Get the 2 bedroom suite. We share the cost with another couple . Room has ocean view, kitchenette
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Jim A,
October is one of the loveliest months to visit Myrtle Beach, isn't it? So glad that you stayed with the Reef and thank you for writing a review. Hope to see you in May for the spring rally!
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was the first time I had stayed here at The Reef, and I loved it! My bed was perfect, almost better than the one at home. I had the 2 room unit, you walk in to the bedroom and then into the kitchen, off from that is the bath and then the living area with the balcony. If you bring kids, this unit would be perfect for you. Your bedroom has a door you can close for privacy and the kids can sleep on the pull out sofa bed. I believe the man who checked me in was Ed, he was super nice and very helpful. The only problem I had was not wanting to leave, I will definitely stay here again!! Someone had said the balconys weren't very private, the walls don't completely extend out to the banister, but they are large enough to be enjoyable and unless you actually lean over to look in your neighbors window - it's fine. My room was well stocked with anything you could need, from dishwasher with soap to a hair dryer! And one more thing - if you want pizza during your stay, it has to be Hungry Howie's - every visit to Myrtle includes their pizza for me!

Room Tip: My room was 1107 and I will request it when I go back :) I had friends in 1103 and 1109 and they wer...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear 01 Sporty,
Well, there is no higher recommendation than a guest who doesn't want to leave. Thank you so much for writing a review and for recognizing Ed. We appreciated the opportunity to earn your business and hope to see you soon.
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Without a doubt, The Reef Resort at South Beach, is the best value I have found in the area. No, it isn't the newest but it is clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly, conscientious and responsive. We were always welcomed with a smile, courteous greeting and an inquirey as to our stay. The room was very comfortable with everything we needed... coffee maker, fridge and micro and two TV's. Great views of the outdoor pool and beach from the balconey are included with each room. The elevators worked well with little wait time. They have an indoor pool and arcade for the kids. The seasonal restaurant was closed. Over all it was a great visit at an affordable price. We will continue to stay here on subsequent visits!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Lucky B,
Thank you for mentioning that we have a game room and that every baloncy has a full view of the ocean and outdoor pool area. We also appreciated your honesty. The Reef is not the newest hotel on the oceanfront, however, the staff takes pride in cleanliness and service. Hope you can visit beautiful Myrtle Beach and the Reef again soon.
Piedmont, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just got back from staying at the Reef. It is an older hotel but it is very clean and the staff is friendly. The rates were great and the location is great if you want to keep your distance from the lively pavilion traffic/noise. Our two complaints were that the elevator is very slow at times (but we were on the 1st floor so we just took the steps down to the pool) and the food wasn't great at the resturant Mako's located off the 1st floor of the hotel. All rooms are oceanfront so we had a great view! I would stay here again :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Becky W,
Great beach photo! It really shows the close proximity from the Reef's outdoor pool to the actual beach. We're so glad that you stayed with us, and thank you for taking the time to write a review.
ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at the Reef from September 16-22, 2012, and it was awesome! The rates were terrific, the staff was so friendly, and knowledgeable! Our housekeeper had the best tips for Restaurants for my husband and his friend, as they went our for breakfast each morning, while my friend and I stared at the beautiful ocean view from our balcony! The pool and pool area was clean, tidy, tons of chairs to sit on, the perfect temperature, and I loved the fact that it was an indoor and outdoor pool! We were walking distance to numerous stores and restaurants, and being right on the beach, we couldn't have asked for more! The beds were comfortable, the room spacious, the appliances were clean and in great working order. We didn't even have to buy dishsoap, to clean the cutlery, dishes, and cups that were in the kitchen, there was a small bottle of soap in the room, that was the perfect size for our stay! I would return, anytime, and the four of us would have stayed forever, if we could! Definitely would recommend this to all of my friends! Thanks so much to all of the staff for our wonderful stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reef2101, Manager at The Reef at South Beach, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Lupacow,
Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write a review. We appreciated your business and will look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for giving a description of the kitchen amenities. I'm sure that will be helpful to others. Didn't you LOVE the gorgeous weather?
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the reef last year and had no complaints it is an older hotel but it was kept very clean and the staff was very nice. However we just stayed there again for a few days and the house keeping was very bad. Had to go down to front desk at 8 o'clock to get towels and this is after I called a few hours before. The next day I had to go to front desk again over house keeping not cleaning our room or giving us clean towels again and this was on our third night. We also had a neighbor that liked to do a liitle smoking of the illegal stuff. We could not even set on outside cause of it and red ones around us could smell it too. I called the front desk one day then went to the front desk the next day cause of it and ask to speak with a manager and was told he was out to them again what was going on and that I even had pics of them with it smelt the smell again later that day and never heard from the manager. Not sure I I will be staying again, which is so disappointing cause I really liked my first stay there.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear MLM98,
Thank you for returning to the Reef again this year. I apologize that your stay was not as enjoyable as the prior year. Regrettably, the actions of another guest disrupted your stay and I'm sorry that happened. I have placed your review in the Executive Housekeepers box to make her aware that you experienced an issue. Light housekeeping with fresh towels and trash removable is provided each day. While full housekeeping services aren't offered daily, I apologize that you didn't receive light housekeeping.

Been to The Reef at South Beach? Share your experiences!