“Worst experience I ever had with a hotel manager” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Palms

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Palms
You added The Palms to your Saves list
2500 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #91 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Bridgeport, Ohio
“Worst experience I ever had with a hotel manager”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I checked out e hotel on-line and called fo a reservation. The manager sai he would match the onlinpricewhich included the taxes. We arrived at the hotel; checked out the room which was a very nice oceanfront room. When I received the price it was $29 more than Iexpected. When I
inquired about thedifference in price the room rate was dropped $19. At tat point I cancelled the room well ahead of the time. About an hour later I recieved a call from he manager saying I said he wa liar on the price. I said I ha already gotten another room and ung up. Lo and behold, I checked my credit card bill and Iwas charged for a room at two different prices. I called the hoel an wa told one carge was off but the manager put $100 chargeon my credit card a ancellation fee. I had to call my credit card; dispute te charge and wait for two billing cycles for thicarge to be removed. The hotel might be nice but the manager practices are appalling.

Room Tip: Avoid tis hotel unless you are gettngth room rate in person and check your credit card for charges n...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
PalmsGM, General Manager at The Palms, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments. As I am the General Manager of the Palms Resort and am not at all familiar with your issues can you please call me toll free at 800-300-1198 to discuss this manor. I am not sure if you rented from the front desk or an outside agency.

Lisa Babiak
Palms Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Bridgewate MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was our second trip to the Palms resort and couldn't be happier. Before our first trip I read a few not so good reviews on trip adviser on the Palms so I was a little skeptical about renting from a pivated owner on line. Thank god I found this beautiful private owners unit at the Palms on line through Daves Myrtle Beach Vacation Rental. I later learned each unit at the Palms is individual and privately owned which might explain a few of the negative reviews I read. I rented Daves 14 fl oceanfront last year and was so bummed to find out that it was already booked for the week I needed this year. This beautiful oceanfront totally made our whole vacation stay each day so you can imagine how disappointed we were. Dave then proceeded to tell us about his second 3fl oceanfront at the Palms and I knew instantly it was going to be another great Myrtle Beach vacation. Both his rentals have far exceeded our expectations and have made our past vacation a pleasurable and memorable trip. You can tell as soon as you walk in the door that this guy takes great pride in his property. I am now spoiled by his oceanfronts rentals I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I would highly recommend Daves Myrtle Beach Vacation Rental to anyone looking for the perfect oceanfront rental for their Myrtle Beach trip..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Marion, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We couldn't get the same room as last time, but Dave got us a great room! We checked out on our anniversary and Dave was kind enough to take several photos for us! It wouldn't hurt for some of the other owners to invest in their condos and bring them up to standards.

• Stayed February 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We enjoyed the beach and actually saw snow from our 9th floor window on dec 26. great views and very comfortable rooms. Service was great and everyone was friendly and helpful. Everything as promised.

Room Tip: we were in room 903 and enjoyed the view and the full kitchen
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at the Palms. The room had an amazing view, we loved the large picture windows in the bedroom and the living area. It was older, but clean. Nice balcony, friendly staff, great price. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Try for an end room, so you can benefit from the large picture windows on the side of the building...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Spent the Thanksgiving weekend here with my family, parents and brother and his wife. Have stayed here several times and had great experiences every time. Condos are individually owned so always stay in #1201 and/or 401... updated (kitchen, baths, etc), clean and comfortable. The property managers, Dee and Randy, are always so very nice.

Weather was even warm enough for golf and -- of course -- long walks on the beach

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
smithfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

the service was great.....the staff were helpful and friendly.....we had a blast. if we needed anything, they were there to assist us in any way they could. keep up the great work you guys and hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Palms? Share your experiences!