“Great for families- so much to do” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Monroe, NC
“Great for families- so much to do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Just returned from Springmaid. Will give pros and cons.

Pros:

-Great for families. Many activities. Social department is great. It is clear that the resort takes a lot of care and pride in its social programs. They have a social schedule with numerous family/kid activities like movies at night. They also have music on the pier on some nights. Also when it rains, they have a large enough facility to move the activities inside to one of the ballrooms. Free mini-golf is a plus and my family really enjoyed it. There is an arcade too but it was closed and shouldn't have been since it was Spring Break.

-Food was good. We did the Easter buffet at Marlins and it was just beyond nice. We also ate both lunch and supper at Barnacles. My husband said the seafood was better at Barnacles than at the Gulfstream Café (which is much pricier). I also found the food to be better at Barnacles than we got next door at Damons.

-Indoor pools . These were super for the chilly weather and they provided pool towels. It was too cold to use the outdoor pools but they looked nice.

-Parking. The parking was far more convenient than the places we normally stay in MB.

-Transportation. If you don't have a car with you, I saw the bus picking up in Springmaid several times. But there is nothing much within walking distance outside of the resort itself.

-Golf. There is a par 3 golf course across the street from the resort.

-Room . We had a suite and it was huge and recently renovated. The wifi worked great and all of the room seemed to at least have an ocean view. However the room was not as clean as it should have been and our housekeeper did not do a good job in servicing our room at all.

-Grounds. Lovely and well-tended.

-Pier. Right on the property and had a nice bait shop.

-Security. I saw a security guard walking through the resort and went down each hallway of each floor checking things out. I sat there and watched him for a while. I had never seen this before at a resort. I think they want to keep things calm and safe for the families.

Cons

- There is a lot of noise from the airport. However, there are some cool military jets that fly by sometimes so it can be a positive too especially if your kids get excited about airplanes or helicopters.

- Our room was not that clean and our housekeeper did not give good service.

- Arcade was closed and it was Spring Break week so it should have been open. My son was very disappointed about this.

-Beds. Too soft for my taste and softer than beds you normally find in chain hotels.

I would definitely go back and my son wants to go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Donald H, Public Relations Manager at Springmaid Beach Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Tarheelluv,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Springmaid Beach Resort. It is always wonderful to hear when we do a great job so we can pass the accolades on to our team. We appreciate you writing! It was great reading all of your comments on your review, I would like to apologize for housekeeping not cleaning the room properly during your stay. Your review has been shared with the entire management team for correction.

We hope you get a chance to come back and see us again real soon. Thanks again for choosing Springmaid Beach Resort for your get-away!

Donald Hovis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
Salisbury, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was our first visit to Springmaid Beach Resort and Conference Center. It was really a nice weekend. The room was very clean and quite roomy. A personal balcony overlooked the lazy river and kiddie pool with a great view of the ocean. We enjoyed the pier and the beautifully landscaped areas of the resort. The breakfast buffet at Marlins was excellent and at a very good price. You've got to try the wonderful and warm cinnamon rolls! They were superb! The staff at the resort were all friendly and welcoming. Despite the rainy weather, we really enjoyed our stay there and look forward to staying at Springmaid again in the near future.

Room Tip: Stayed at the Live Oak building and it was very nice. Close to the pier, restaurant and store. I b...
Dear Diane O,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your 5 star review of Springmaid Beach Resort. We appreciate all the nice things you had to say about us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your first stay with us. Thanks for your comments on our breakfast and the delicious warm cinnamon rolls, we wish these could be out all day. We are glad you found your happy place, and look forward to having you back again and again. See you next time!

Greenville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

It was Springbreak and we stayed at the Springmaid Beach Resort. Words cannot explain the experience we had here. When I checked in Kay took my reservations and I was so impressed with her attitude. She was extremely nice and showed us where to go and check-in was a breeze. I enjoyed my stay so much at this resort. The Marlin Buffet was out of this world. The service was great. The waiter came over and welcomed us to the resort. It was everything we hoped for. I spent a lot of time on the pier which I really enjoyed. I have nothing but good things to say about Springmaid. In fact, I plan to go back in the early fall when the rates drop. If you are looking for a fun place to relax and just enjoy the beauty of the beach. This is the place to be SPRINGMAID BEACH RESORT.

Room Tip: All the rooms are oceanfront.
Green Features: Exciting and very relaxing. The lien was fresh and changed everyday. We had plenty of fresh white towels. Excellent location, not to far and not to close.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Joyce R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your 5 star review of Springmaid Beach Resort. It is always wonderful to hear when we do a great job so we can pass the accolades on to our team. We appreciate you writing!

Rock Hill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. The room was clean, updated and very spacious. Towels were good quality. Full-sized refrigerator with ice maker was an added perk. In room coffee was mediocre. Parking was convenient. If you are going to the Grand Strand, this is a more secluded location at the south end and next to the state park. Balcony views were perfect. Beds were super comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Donald H, Public Relations Manager at Springmaid Beach Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Denise P,

Asheboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I usually don't do reviews but I absolutely had to this time. I came really early and they initially didn't have any room available but after only 30mins I got a call saying the room is ready which was GREAT because it was around noon and I flew there. I had a problem with my noisy neighbors and was upset about that so I called the front desk. Being so upset I came off as very rude I'm sure but the young lady Kay who checked me in was so sweet and pleasant on the phone and made me feel comfortable again and switched my rooms for me giving me a great view from the Palmetto building which was EXCELLENT for my family. She sent the security guy up with the new room keys so I didn't have to come back down which I was grateful for since I was tired after our long day. At checkout I had the most pleasant goodbye because Will at the front desk was a true gentleman and actually held a brief conversation with me instead rushing out like some hotels. We will definitely be back to visit!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear SWilliams336,

Your title says it all! "Lovely environment and staff" That is what we strive to deliver. It is always great to hear when we succeed! The team we have here at Springmaid Beach Resort is one of the happiest, friendliest teams I have ever had the pleasure of working alongside. We all understand the definition of the word "hospitality" and make sure we epitomize it daily.

Thank you for taking the time to share all the lovely things you had to say about Springmaid Beach Resort! We appreciate the 5 star rating, and to have you here again for some more fun and relaxation. See you then!

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

My wife and I decided we needed a weekend get away so we choose Springmaid Resort. It was everything we had hoped for. Check in was a breeze and we were very happy with our spacious room, especially the view. We ate at both restaurants, which had great service and food. We spent lots of time just walking on the pier and around the grounds and lounging by the pools. Everywhere we went was well maintained and beautifully kept and staff was always friendly and ready to help in any way. This resort is obviously run very well and it will be our top choice in Myrtle Beach from now on.

Dear Shirley W,

Your title says it all! "Perfect Retreat" That is what we strive to deliver. It is always great to hear when we succeed!

Richmond Hill, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed at this resort because I was on a business trip. The resort is a very nice place however the service was the complete opposite. When I checked in, I told the lady who I was, she gave me the key cards, showed me where to go and that was it. She didn't ask me for any identification to verify that I was the right person, she looked down most of the time that she was talking to me and didn't ask me if I had any questions or anything. Just not friendly at all. Then the next day we went to my convention and came back to neither of my key cards working. The housekeeping lady called the maintenance man to let us in because we had bags full of stuff and just wanted to put them in the room. Before we went to dinner, we stopped by the registration desk to get our key cards fixed and a different young girl helped me. I told her the problem, she took the keys and went and got the manager. The manager then proceeds to tell me that I owe $250 for smoking in the room. I was furious because I don't smoke and my fiancé smoked a cigarette out on the balcony. Apparently, you are not allowed to smoke in the room nor "outside" on the balcony. So, in order to get our stuff out of the room, we had to pay the $250 to get the keys fixed to get back in the room. There was only a sign in the room that says no smoking in this room. There is no signs posted about no smoking outside on the balcony. They told me it says it on the registration sheet I signed, which didn't catch my eye when I signed the paper because the print was so small. For a rule they are "so strict" on, you would think they would have a sign in the room near the sliding glass door or something! It just seemed like a resort that will nickel and dime you for anything they can to make a buck!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Donald H, Public Relations Manager at Springmaid Beach Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear MeEd84,

After reading your review, I'm very disappointed that our accommodations were not to your satisfaction. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short in your expectations. I sincerely apologize for the check in process, and not having a sign posted in the room about smoking on the balcony. We appreciate your feedback and we work to make our resort one everyone will want to stay. We appreciate you bringing this situation to our attention, and we value your comments, feedback and your business with us.I understand that you are leery of returning to our facility based on your most recent experience, however with the improvements we are constantly making to better serve our guest I can assure you that if you decide to return your stay will be one with positive memories.

Donald Hovis

Been to Springmaid Beach Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!