Just returned from Springmaid. Will give pros and cons.
-Great for families. Many activities. Social department is great. It is clear that the resort takes a lot of care and pride in its social programs. They have a social schedule with numerous family/kid activities like movies at night. They also have music on the pier on some nights. Also when it rains, they have a large enough facility to move the activities inside to one of the ballrooms. Free mini-golf is a plus and my family really enjoyed it. There is an arcade too but it was closed and shouldn't have been since it was Spring Break.
-Food was good. We did the Easter buffet at Marlins and it was just beyond nice. We also ate both lunch and supper at Barnacles. My husband said the seafood was better at Barnacles than at the Gulfstream Café (which is much pricier). I also found the food to be better at Barnacles than we got next door at Damons.
-Indoor pools . These were super for the chilly weather and they provided pool towels. It was too cold to use the outdoor pools but they looked nice.
-Parking. The parking was far more convenient than the places we normally stay in MB.
-Transportation. If you don't have a car with you, I saw the bus picking up in Springmaid several times. But there is nothing much within walking distance outside of the resort itself.
-Golf. There is a par 3 golf course across the street from the resort.
-Room . We had a suite and it was huge and recently renovated. The wifi worked great and all of the room seemed to at least have an ocean view. However the room was not as clean as it should have been and our housekeeper did not do a good job in servicing our room at all.
-Grounds. Lovely and well-tended.
-Pier. Right on the property and had a nice bait shop.
-Security. I saw a security guard walking through the resort and went down each hallway of each floor checking things out. I sat there and watched him for a while. I had never seen this before at a resort. I think they want to keep things calm and safe for the families.
- There is a lot of noise from the airport. However, there are some cool military jets that fly by sometimes so it can be a positive too especially if your kids get excited about airplanes or helicopters.
- Our room was not that clean and our housekeeper did not give good service.
- Arcade was closed and it was Spring Break week so it should have been open. My son was very disappointed about this.
-Beds. Too soft for my taste and softer than beds you normally find in chain hotels.
I would definitely go back and my son wants to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently remodeled, the entire 27-acre, oceanfront resort feels fresh and new. Springmaid's location on the quieter southern end of the famous Ocean Boulevard feels more secluded, yet this family-friendly resort is just minutes from all the excitement of Myrtle Beach's most popular attractions, theaters, shopping, dining and golf. Spacious, designer-renovated rooms include all ocean view balconies, beautifully appointed fabric and furnishings, plush 5 Diamond Series mattresses and bedding, granite countertops, full-sized refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, safe and more. The resort features 6 pools, 2 lazy rivers, Marlin's Buffet Restaurant, the beachfront BARnacles Bar & Grill, 1068 ft Fishing Pier, 18-hole miniature golf course, game arcade, fitness room, gift shop, tackle shop, ample complimentary parking, and complimentary wireless internet. The resort offers more than 35,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces and is host to Myrtle Beach's largest oceanfront Conference Center. All guests enjoy complimentary access to Springmaid Pier. Fishing is available at a discounted rate. All rooms are air conditioned and non-smoking. Springmaid offers a limited number of pet-friendly accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Springmaid Beach Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springmaid Beach Resort And Conference Center
- Springmaid Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Springmaid Hotel
- Springmaid Resort
- Springmaid Beach Myrtle
- Beach Springmaid