We were placed in the Cypress section of the hotel as it is the dog friendly area of the property. The building location is nice. There is a big open area for dogs to exercise and do their business. Right over the sand dunes is the beach. Great access to the beach. Beautiful views. The room/building itself was not much to brag about. There was a funny smell but since these are the dog friendly rooms I didn't stress about it. It's understandable. The beds were soft and clean. The tv worked fine, decent channel selection. Didn't go to the beach to watch tv so it was fine. The alarm clock/iPod dock was pretty dusty and dirty so I did not use it to charge my phone. All rooms are ocean view and have a balcony which is nice. Even on the main floor level. My dogs enjoyed it. There is a nice table/seating area to eat. Full size refridgerator in the room and microwave. I did not use the coffee pot but the did have one in the room.
The bathroom was ok. It was clean. It was hard to open and close the door because it kept hitting the light fixture. The tub spout was dangling but it worked.
Overall the room was ok. Still good for the price we paid. I would have been more disappointed at the room as my expectation per the website said all new and remodeled but we spoke to some of the employees who advised this was the building that had not been updated yet and the Palmetto building would soon be dog friendly.
Great location. Ideal on the beach. Private. Awesome pier. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently remodeled, the entire 27-acre, oceanfront resort feels fresh and new. Springmaid's location on the quieter southern end of the famous Ocean Boulevard feels more secluded, yet this family-friendly resort is just minutes from all the excitement of Myrtle Beach's most popular attractions, theaters, shopping, dining and golf. Spacious, designer-renovated rooms include all ocean view balconies, beautifully appointed fabric and furnishings, plush 5 Diamond Series mattresses and bedding, granite countertops, full-sized refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, safe and more. The resort features 6 pools, 2 lazy rivers, Marlin's Buffet Restaurant, the beachfront BARnacles Bar & Grill, 1068 ft Fishing Pier, 18-hole miniature golf course, game arcade, fitness room, gift shop, tackle shop, ample complimentary parking, and complimentary wireless internet. The resort offers more than 35,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces and is host to Myrtle Beach's largest oceanfront Conference Center. All guests enjoy complimentary access to Springmaid Pier. Fishing is available at a discounted rate. All rooms are air conditioned and non-smoking. Springmaid offers a limited number of pet-friendly accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Springmaid Beach Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springmaid Beach Resort And Conference Center
- Springmaid Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Springmaid Hotel
- Springmaid Resort
- Springmaid Beach Myrtle
- Beach Springmaid