“Always a great place to stay, year after year” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #21 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Castlewood, Virginia
“Always a great place to stay, year after year”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

We've been coming down to Myrtle Beach for years and have stayed at several hotels. Springmaid is always the one we come back to again and again. The location is great, the pier is fantastic,(where you'll find the serious fisher-folks) and the beach is not crowded, even in July, since it's a private beach south of the pier all the way down to the state park. Our most recent visit was our first spring visit to fish. In the past we've been down for the fall fishing and in mid summer for family vacation.
At one visit or another we've enjoyed the dining, the arcade building, the putt putt course the beach and pools. We always stay in the Live Oaks building because of the close proximity to the pier-fishing. Check-in is always easy and the ability to actually park at the building instead of across a busy street or even a block away is a big plus to me. The rooms are typical hotel rooms but they are large, well furnished and they are CLEAN, always clean, year after year- that is my number one criteria in a place to stay. The staff is courteous and helpful anytime we have needed anything. The overall feel of Springmaid is a quiet, relaxed, safe, fun place for a family vacation or a fishing trip.

Whatever our reason for visiting the Grand Strand, Springmaid is always our first choice because they are predictable- reasonably priced, well furnished rooms, very clean, and good customer service.

Room Tip: Book direct through the front office
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
hsimon, Front Office Manager at Springmaid Beach Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Dear Past Guest,

What fantastic comments, thank you! It is always refreshing to hear that our return guests are always happy with our resort from the pier/beach to the cleanliness of the rooms. Thank you for continuing to be part of our family and we look forward to seeing you again.

SMB Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (640)
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

First let me start off with the positive:
My room was clean. Loved the full size fridge. The view from the balcony was decent. Had a great view of the pier and some of the ocean, but to be honest I didn't stay in the room much so it wasn't a deal breaker for me. The beach access was perfect. Just steps away from the beach and after taking walks up the beach it was clear that Springmaid's beach was better than the others down the strip. The pier was pretty neat too. A fisherman caught a shark when I was up on the pier which was interesting to watch.

Now for the negative:
Although free internet is advertised, it wasn't working part of our trip. Parking was horrendous. There was a craft show going on when I was staying so that took all the parking that was close to my room. I had to cart my luggage and coolers across the courtyard (which isn't small and is pretty much just sand) to my room. It would have been nice to know that there was going to be a craft show that would be taking up the parking during my stay. I doubt I would have chosen the hotel if I had known ahead of time. My building was less than to be desired. The hallway had an unpleasant odor and the carpets were stained and well past needing to be replaced. As for the customer service, I haven't ever experienced anything so awful. When making the reservation, I called to enquirer about how signing up for the breakfast worked. I was told by someone in the reservation department that if there were two of us we would have to just put "2" down to cover us for breakfast for our stay. I did this which added an additional fee to my reservation and continued on to payment. When I arrived, we were not given any breakfast tickets even though I was charged for at least one days worth for two people. When I came to the front desk the next morning I was told by a rather rude woman that I had never been charged for breakfast, I had never even signed up for it. I was also told that I would not be able to have a receipt with my charges listed. I was also told that management would be calling me regarding this and to no surprise I never was called. When I followed up the next day, Anthony at the front desk was able to fix the problem by supplying us with the appropriate tickets. Other than Anthony at the front desk I have never experienced such terrible customer service with a hotel. I will most certainly never be returning or recommending this place to anybody I care about. I'm sure people try to take advantage of the breakfast special, but it's incredibly frustrating when someone is being honest and was given incorrect information from the hotel itself.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Past Guest,

Thank you so much for listing your positives and negatives on your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not informed on the craft show that was going on during your trip. I’m not sure what building you were in, but we would have gladly moved you to a different building so you would not have been inconvenienced carting your luggage and coolers across the courtyard. I am truly sorry for the way you were treated about inquiring about the breakfast tickets you purchased and the incorrect information you were given. Had all this been brought to me attention, I would have addressed it immediately while you were still on the property. Again, we do apologize and hope that this incident doesn’t dissuade you from visiting us in the future.

Rochester, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

Springmaid Beach Resort was GREAT! I loved everything about it! It was on the edge of town, had great amenities such as mini golf, arcade, exercise room, private beach, private pier, 2 restaurants, plenty of pools/lazy river to cool off in! The Staff was very helpful with Directions and recommendations for the best dining. Rooms were nicely updated and had a full size fridge and microwave in each room. Every room has an ocean view and balcony with table and chairs which was wonderful! In general Myrtle Beach is a great area, easy to get around, lots of great shopping and dining and things to do. If I am ever in the area again, which I hope to be, i would definitely stay at Springmaid Beach resort again and I am going to tell all my friends about it!

Room Tip: Every room has an ocean view
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Past Guest,

Thank you so much for your GREAT comments! We take pride in what we have to offer each and every guest that stays with us from the multiple pools, restaurants, golf and arcade, private pier, but most of all, the ocean view! We thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Stone Mountain, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

This is a great resort. The staff really appreciates the guests and do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for East facing room so you can watch the sun
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
hsimon, Front Office Manager at Springmaid Beach Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 13, 2011
Dear Past Guest,

Thank you so much for the terrific comment! We are constantly working on improving our property through room improvements to customer service, so it’s always wonderful to hear that our efforts have paid off. Looking forward to seeing you again!

cleveland,nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

Great place, low price, plenty to do and close to a lot of things. would stay again ...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
hsimon, Front Office Manager at Springmaid Beach Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 21, 2011
Dear Past Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments! Having ‘plenty to do’ has increased with our activities for the entire family that go on during the summer. Thanks for making us a part of your vacation and joining our family.

Cherry Valley, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

From the time we check in until it is time to head for home the staff at Springmaid make our holiday special.
Friendly and courteous, always helpful and willing to put themselves out there to ensure a great experience we never have to worry about staying at Springmaid.
Springmaid's location is easy to find for weary travelers and is located adjacent to the state park so nice and quiet yet if you want the action of the Grand Strand it is a five minute car ride away.

Room Tip: Palmetto building is best. 400-406
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
hsimon, Front Office Manager at Springmaid Beach Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2011
Dear Past Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments! Our close proximity to the Myrtle Beach State Park makes our resort quiet, but just a short ride to all of the action of the Grand Strand. Thank you for making us apart of your vacation and joining our family.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

We booked here because the price was so good, but I was really pleased with our experience. The room was a bit older, but had been updated and was very clean. The first afternoon we came back from the beach our air conditioner wasn't working properly and within 15 minutes they had us moved into a new room. I was very impressed! The restaurants, especially the one on the pier were very convenient and the private beach was wonderful, as were the many pools. We especially loved the location, with it being on the end of the strip. You are so close to the strip but dont' hear all the traffic and noise from all of the bustle. We are already planning to come back later this summer. This resort may not be chic and expensive looking but it has real charm and is very cozy. Great stay!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dear Past Guest,

You are truly correct in saying that we are not a 'chic and expensive looking' resort. We are an older property (built in the late 1940's) that has gone through a lot of changes over the years. But as time goes by, we are constantly upgrading and improving our property year after year. Thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to seeing you again.

SMB Management Team

Been to Springmaid Beach Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!