“We love the Sea MIst!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #119 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Chattanooga, TN
“We love the Sea MIst!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2007

This was our second visit to the Sea Mist & we have had a great time both times. Granted, this is not a 5 star hotel, but I never expected it to be. Especially for the good deals that I have gotten there both times. I have to say that our rooms this time were way nicer than the last time. I recommend staying in the Driftwood building. There isn't a speck of anything orange in that building...lol. It has been remodeled & the beds were much more comfortable than the cheaper rooms that we stayed in a few years ago. Also, I never saw any sort of bug or creature on either visit nor did I smell any bad smells (except for the bridge to the kiddie area in the water park), it was rank! We didn't visit all of the pools, but the one outside of the Driftwood was cleaned everyday. The Family Kingdom is also a fun thing to do at night & that is included in the family package. They also have a really decent arcade. We ate our free breakfast at Tena's & it was fine, but I probably wouldn't pay for it. We also had dinner at their new restaurant called Three Steps Down. It was decorated really nice & the food was good, but a little overpriced. The cable TV is not the greatest, but I can watch TV at home. If you are looking for a clean place to sleep at night after spending you day outside playing in the sun, then this is the place. Every employee that we came in contact with there was also very helpful & pleasant. We will definitely be returning.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The parking
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2007

When we got there we were very unhappy. We came with 2 other couples. My first words to my self was sleazy. It was very dingy with orange curtains. What we were concerned about was just getting into another hotel. We walked down the street to another hotel, which we were able to book (thank god). I was very disappointed in reading the reviews that stated this was a 4 or a 5. From now on we will read carefully the 1 & 2 reviews. This hotels website was very deceiving and not accurate.

• Liked — Hard wood floor
  • Disliked — everything was dingy
  • Stayed August 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

This was a horrible place. as a matter of fact this entire strip where the hotel is located looked tacky and dirty. In MB, I would highly advise going to N Myrtle Beach.There was no sense of direction or flow in the "resort". The common areas were filthy and trash cans smelled. Parking was horrendous, and I was not sure I would even find one the first night since our SUV would not fit in the underground parking. We got there late and had to walk about 3 blocks with our luggage to the elevator. Beach was crowded and full of cigarette butts and the my child was stung by one of the many jelly fish. Theye are supposedly tearing the whole place and replacing it with new condos and obviously don't want to invest much into the existing place.

• Liked — beach front
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed September 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

For the past few years, I have brought my family to Myrtle Beach for Thanksgiving. We have always stayed at the SeaMist except for 2 years ago when we stayed at a more upscale resort (BayWatch). We hated Baywatch. We decided to go back to SeaMist. Each Thanksgiving the resort has a Thanksgiving meal, oyster roast, Santa Clause, and a gift wrapping station...which is one of my wifes favorite parts. We leave Myrtle beach with all of our Christmas wrapped (free). I am sorry you just can't beat that. The kids all love the resort and enjoy the park and putt-putt. We save a bundle just by putting at the resort. Otherwise it would cost $8.00 per person at other putt putts. I have already made my reservation for this year. They also have a pay for 3 nights get 1 free special. SeaMist is well worth looking into. The Wilson Family

Stayed November 2006
new jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

I read alot of conflicting reviews on here before I left about the seamist and frankly I was a little worried. I checked out after the first night for these reasons. No parking. Elevator slow, difficult to get to and dirty. You definitely would not want to walk around barefoot. Hallway carpeting is grimy. Rooms are ok. You have to go across busy streets to just fair pools. Nothing seemed that clean. It was not set up for families to move about and feel safe. I felt like I was in a parking lot. No view of the ocean. They ripped up the entrance way to the breakfast and bar area and it was partitioned off. The family package is a ripoff unless you plan on spending night after night at amusement park. There are so many great things to see and do in myrtle beach besides family kingdom. Thankfully, we found the Coral Beach Resort just two hotels down which was great. Night and Day different and cheaper too. Dont waste your time at the seamist. Vacations are too short.

Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

First impressions mean everything and ours was horrible. We were in the Spray building and when we got off the elevator on the 5th floor the hallway looked like a bomb hit it. There was trash everywhere. We went into our room 10503 only to find a stench so bad it was hard to breath. We thought maybe that's the way the beach resorts are suppose to smell so we gave it a try and lit a candle. Later that night we went to bed and were woken by dripping from the ceiling onto our bed. House keeping and maitenance was called and the way they solved the problem was to move our bed about two feet away. The leak was never fixed and our floors continued to get wet. Now I know why there is such a stench. We finally called and compained and they were nice enough to move us. Moving us made all the difference in the world. The room was 100% better. No leak or stench. The rest of our trip was nice but mainly because we met a group of friends from PA that we hung out in the pool with and had some drinks with. My son got stung from the loads of jelly fish in the ocean so he was afraid to go in the water any longer. We spent most of our time in the pools and water park which was really nice for the kids. There is plenty for kids to do which should never leave them bored. Overall, Myrtle Beach is a great place to visit. I would just choose a different hotel next time. I hear the North end is much nicer.

• Liked — There was plenty for kids to do.
  • Disliked — The rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

There is no possible way I could say how horrible this place is. If you have ever stayed at a decent resort and made a reservation here you will definately be in for a big surprise when you get there. We pulled in and my son said to me "mom, this isnt it, is it?" I said "I certainly hope its not" well it was. We were given directions to our room and we immediately were disgusted. It was run down, smelly, and old. We went down the strip asking if other places had vacances and we were in luck, we came upon the Westgate Resort, they were awsome, I'll be posting my review of them too. I would absolutely NOT recommend Seamist to anybody at all.

• Liked — nothing at all
  • Disliked — everything
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!