“Checked out after the first night” 2 of 5 stars

Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1200 South Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #119 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
new jersey
“Checked out after the first night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

I read alot of conflicting reviews on here before I left about the seamist and frankly I was a little worried. I checked out after the first night for these reasons. No parking. Elevator slow, difficult to get to and dirty. You definitely would not want to walk around barefoot. Hallway carpeting is grimy. Rooms are ok. You have to go across busy streets to just fair pools. Nothing seemed that clean. It was not set up for families to move about and feel safe. I felt like I was in a parking lot. No view of the ocean. They ripped up the entrance way to the breakfast and bar area and it was partitioned off. The family package is a ripoff unless you plan on spending night after night at amusement park. There are so many great things to see and do in myrtle beach besides family kingdom. Thankfully, we found the Coral Beach Resort just two hotels down which was great. Night and Day different and cheaper too. Dont waste your time at the seamist. Vacations are too short.

• 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

First impressions mean everything and ours was horrible. We were in the Spray building and when we got off the elevator on the 5th floor the hallway looked like a bomb hit it. There was trash everywhere. We went into our room 10503 only to find a stench so bad it was hard to breath. We thought maybe that's the way the beach resorts are suppose to smell so we gave it a try and lit a candle. Later that night we went to bed and were woken by dripping from the ceiling onto our bed. House keeping and maitenance was called and the way they solved the problem was to move our bed about two feet away. The leak was never fixed and our floors continued to get wet. Now I know why there is such a stench. We finally called and compained and they were nice enough to move us. Moving us made all the difference in the world. The room was 100% better. No leak or stench. The rest of our trip was nice but mainly because we met a group of friends from PA that we hung out in the pool with and had some drinks with. My son got stung from the loads of jelly fish in the ocean so he was afraid to go in the water any longer. We spent most of our time in the pools and water park which was really nice for the kids. There is plenty for kids to do which should never leave them bored. Overall, Myrtle Beach is a great place to visit. I would just choose a different hotel next time. I hear the North end is much nicer.

• Liked — There was plenty for kids to do.
  • Disliked — The rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

There is no possible way I could say how horrible this place is. If you have ever stayed at a decent resort and made a reservation here you will definately be in for a big surprise when you get there. We pulled in and my son said to me "mom, this isnt it, is it?" I said "I certainly hope its not" well it was. We were given directions to our room and we immediately were disgusted. It was run down, smelly, and old. We went down the strip asking if other places had vacances and we were in luck, we came upon the Westgate Resort, they were awsome, I'll be posting my review of them too. I would absolutely NOT recommend Seamist to anybody at all.

• Liked — nothing at all
  • Disliked — everything
jefferson,tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

I thought the hotel was great.This was the second time i have stayed at this hotel the first was in 2004.Our room was clean and we enjoyed the water park at the resort and the waterpark at the family kingdom.I would recommend this place to anyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Northeast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2007

This was my family's first visit to Myrtle Beach. We came down with other families and stayed at the Sea Mist because it was highly recommended by another family. All three families stayed at the Chestnut Cottage. The house very nice and spacious.

The air condiitioning only worked on 1 side of the house when we got there. The maintenance guys came to fix it twice, but it never worked right. All appliances worked fine. Pots, pans, dishes, and even mugs were clean and looked new.

The indoor/outdoor pool was large, but I was disgusted with the floating cigarette butts and garbage in the water. There were plenty of people doing the landscaping and house cleaning, but no one cleaned the pool. Towels were not always available. So, we went to the ocean. Beach was nice. We didn't have to walk a mile to get to the water. Plenty of sea shells.

The outdoor seating could use some more shade. Jason's Ice Cream had free wireless internet and yummy Edy's ice cream. Tena's breakfast buffet was a great value.

• Liked — Clean and spacious house / rooms.
  • Disliked — Pool
pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2007

My family and I had a great time at Sea Mist. We did not find any of the things that other reviews have said. Our room was clean and well maintained throughout our stay. The employess were all very courteous. Parking was limited but there was the parking garage and a space was always available on the ground level. My only conplaint would be some of the other guests. On the last 2 days of our visit a group came in and were very obnoxious and loud. Parents and children were all out of control and literally trashed everything. They allowed their children to climb over walls to get to one park to the other. They threw trash everywhere and even threw it from the balcony of their room. Because of our inconvenience of the guest Sea Mist generously gave us a credit back.
Food was good, service was good.
Sea Mist is located a distance from most attractions and you need to drive to get to places like Broadway at the Beach.
I recommend the Sea Captain's House for dining out. It is worth the wait. Ask for Steward as your waiter...he was excellent.
Carolina Safari Jeep Tours was a lot of fun and very informative. We got to cover a lot of territory and learned a lot about South Carolina. They pick you up right at Sea Mist and bring you back!
I would recommend Sea mist Oceanfront Resort.

• Liked — employees
  • Disliked — parking
north carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2007

Checked in Aug 25, My family came from North Carolina for a family reunion. My family liked their room and all the pools and water park. Now for me when I called and made my reservation back in April I ask for a ocean front room on a low floor.
I was told that Oceanfront room started on the 10th floor. So imagine my surprise when I got there and found out that not true . M y son had downs syndrome and can not take the elevator ride with lots of people and noise. I ask for a different room when I arrive thinking maybe there was a cancellation. She said the 5th floor. That still was to much for my son. My oldest son room was on the 2nd in the building behind ckeck-in so I traded room with him. Now think about crossing the street with my down syndrome son and my other son who is 5 yrs old. While the rest of my family was oceanfront. Not much of a reunion for me being separted from everyone else. I still don't understand what the problem was giving me what I ask for. And by the way there was a BIG BUG in my room the 2nd night.

• Liked — water park and live band
  • Disliked — Not staying with my family oceanfront with my diablity son
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!