“Reasonable and affordable with loads of amenities” 5 of 5 stars

Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1200 South Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #113 of 215 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charleston, West Virginia
“Reasonable and affordable with loads of amenities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

On the beach, nice water park that is reasonably priced for a family across the street. Personnel were extremely nice, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

1,516 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Atlantic Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

After all of the poor reviews we were somewhat unsure of how we would enjoy our stay. However our stay in the Driftwood building was a great value for the price. The room was clean and neat but could have been upkept a bit better. The location and the staff that we encountered could not be beat at any price. Our oceanview room was literally steps from the beach and the view from our balcony was great. The pools were spotless and really located everywhere. Once again, It wasn't four star by any means but we really enjoyed our stay for the price.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

Check in was rough but after that things went pretty smooth. Maid service was Great!!!
Our room was clean. Be careful if you can't climb stairs, Don't choose the Dunes building unless it's the 1st floor. A couple of the pools were cloudy especially the indoor pools. The Family Package was a good deal.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Northern VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

We had a great time. We were completely afraid that this place was going to be a dump after reading all of the reviews, but that wasnt the case. Check in was a breeze, the room was okay, it could have used some paint and maybe a new couch. Bathroom was okay but dated. The family suite was nice for the price. We stayed five days and paid 740 and some change. I dont think it gets any better than that and we had an oceanfront suite. The room overall was clean, but again, could have used some paint. Nice selection of cable channels. We didnt have any roaches in our room and I didnt see one not even in the hallway in passing. The staff came and redded up everyday which was really appreciated. THE BUGS DO COME OUT AT NIGHT THOUGH, but only outside and I mean can you blame them with the warm weather and the restaurants and water which they love. We were so afraid that they were going to come out at night in our room, but again, didnt see one. The out datedness of the building and rooms makes it appear as if you will have bugs, but we didnt. We thoroughly enjoyed all of the pools, the arcade, the waterpark, and my youngest son loved the miniature golf. Someone left a review saying that it was 50 years old, and I will say it to was dated, but it was free and so quit complaining. Its not Nemacolin Woodland's for Chrisake. He loved it nonetheless and I was glad. Breakfast at Tena's French Toast was to die for and it is a buffet, but they are real SLICK with all the salt they put in everything that you will not go for a second round. We enjoyed Family Kingdom as well. We didnt use our drink vouchers so I cant review Three Steps Down. oh, did I mention we stayed in the Spray building. Now we even did laundry on site which I was deathly afraid of because of the bugs but again didnt see them, but they were there at night for sure all outside of the buildings. We enjoyed our stay. Someone lied and said the Spray Building played music all day and night which is a lie because we were on the 3rd Floor above the Cabanna and its free entertainment and I appreciated the acts. Overall, we could not complain. We spent maybe about 700 total for leisure activities and food and with the 741 for the 5 days turned out to be a real reasonable last vacation for our family. The drive down and drive back were tops as well, so no complaints here. The one problem I did have was the key card reader didnt work all the time and you had to play with it. That was frustrating but nothing to cry over.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

The website is extremely misleading. I got the family suite and the rooms were very,very small. I stayed in the Spray building on the second floor. I was never informed of a bar being directly below my room, yes they turned a hotel room into a bar with music all day and night and some live music on the weekend. Very loud all day and night. The staff at the hotel was polite but as far as Tena's restaraunt, they were extremely rude and needed to learn English. The water park is nothing to brag about, in fact the staff there was not friendly and my two children and I only went once out of five nights. The children's pool they advertise was so far away you had to drive to it. The minature golf place is a joke, there was never anyone there and looks about 50 years old. Please, do your homework and find another place to stay.

Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

stayed @ the Sandcastle building w/our teenage nephew, and brought our Boston Terrier this was our 5th time to MYB 1st time @SeaMist
Check in/out was quick about 15 mins, not 7 hrs like some say. If you get to any hotel hours b4 check in and expect to get in right away, umm hello you are not.

They let pets, thats why we chose it, but you have to expect at least a random note of pet odor in the air, as we did, but we noticed they come in the morning and bleach the hallways so the halls were clean and the room was clean.

They did have a drainage problem in the pool area and garage(we stayed during rainy season tho) The locatilon is great right between all the major attractions, everything is pretty much in walking distance.
I would recommend this hotel to pet lovers and people w/small children. they also had and arcade across the street that was pretty big. Did not eat at Teena's but the Dennys on kings highway about 3 blocks away and 1 back was awesome, and normally I do not prefer denny's run of the mill, but that location was awesome went there late night and service was nice and food was HOT! n Fresh!

RECOMMEND: Ripleys aquarium, and museum, Broadway @ the Beach, Denny's kings highway, Barc Parc dog park behind Myrtle Beach State Park, 3miles down ocean Blvd, Peaches Corner for the best footlongs, Dragons Lair Mini Golf @ Broadway @the Beach.

About the bug reviews, we did see beadles, and other tropical bugs (lizards too), when you have a tropical environement like the beach, warm, plenty of water and food, It is inevitable to see bugs, a lot of hotels on the strip have bugs and lizards etc. but I did not see any in the room (thank goodness) not doubting other people did, and maybe some roaches? I did not see the roaches though, so? With any hotel people form all around the world stay there, and can bring bugs W/them when they travel. I always bring cleaning supplies w/me & check my bags when I leave if it is a 2 star or 5 .

Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

This was our fourth consecutive vacation at the Sea Mist. It has served our family well because we travel with two teenagers, so the family value package was worth it. My parents began staying at the Sea Mist in the 1970's and we have continued, but this may have been our last year. The staff is friendly, we enjoy the waterpark, we ate at Teena's and Downunder and the food was good. Yes, the breakfast buffet line can get long, so you either have to get there early or wait. I am very sorry to say that the upkeep of the buildings is not good and it doesn't present a good appearance. Two years ago I wrote a nice letter to the management with my survey and suggested they fix a few things. We were in the same building this year and they still haven't been fixed. The indoor pool is in poor condition, my wife and I didn't even go in it this year. It seems like they are trying to sell condos and then replace everything and postponing their maintenance. I hope that's not the case becasue they are going to lose their longtime customers who can tell how the place has deteriorated. We've never seen bugs, our room has always been very clean and the staff has always been very friendly. Since it is family owned, I wish they would invest in their property because we are going to look at other places next year which we never did before.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!