“It served the purpose” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #116 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Clemson, South Carolina
“It served the purpose”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My family and I, recently visited MB, for a basketball tournament. We booked this place the day that we arrived. They have buildings on both sides of the street. We stayed in a room on the side where the ocean is, but we weren't in an oceanfront room. We had a room w/ 2 bedrooms. I was pleased to see that there wasn't carpet on the floor, but housekeeping didn't do a good job of sweeping each day. I would intentionally leave certain things on the floor to see if it was cleaned. They did wipe it with something damp, but didn't sweep good beforehand. One of the comforters had a small stain underneath. The towels and washcloths seemed clean. Housekeeping did come early (8-9am), so we often asked them to come back later. There was a wall unit AC, but it kept the room very cool. On one night, a roach crawled in from the outside, as we were coming in. On a different night, I woke up at ~ 2am, and saw a roach crawling on the floor by the microfridge. The individuals at the front desk were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
Zanesfield,OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel was disgusting. We had to ask to move rooms, the second one was a little better but we still we're not satisfied at all. This hotel was definitely outdated. Trash was along the walkway to our room.

Oxford, N
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort in Myrtle Beach is the most run down, overpriced place there. Holes in the wall, 2 inch roaches in the room and staff that steal..... Sure do wish we had listened to the multiple families requesting refunds and leaving when we checked in. Would be $1,730.00 richer and still in possession of a $3,500.00 ring.

Room Tip: Don't turn your back on the housekeeping staff.
Lake Butler, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had a family reunion here so didn't get to pick the place. We left early. Paid for ocean front, and yes it was on the ocean side but faced the kiddy pool. Door key didn't work most of the time, stains all over the room, towels and floors dirty. Housekeeping rude and came way to early. Safe didn't work. Phone didn't work. Weird smell, I could go on and on....

• Stayed August 2014
Dawes, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Booking.com, I did NOT LOVE! They cancelled on us THREE TIMES – the third time was on our way to the resort. So, I was a little more than surprised to find out Seamist couldn’t find my reservation. The lady that worked with us was sooooo nice! Our original room was a family suite in the Palms building (I paid $604 for three nights and a deposit of $180); so she found another room in the Sandpaper building (3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a kitchenette and living room – more room and it was great!) and for the same price I already paid! I really appreciated her working with us. The staff was really friendly and nice. Before we got there though, I read reviews and was really really worried – but once we got there it was NICE, so please don’t believe the horrible reviews the resort is nice. My only complaint was the weather, it rained almost the entire time (Aug 1 – 4 – we left a day early) other than that, my family and I had a really nice time. In my opinion for the resort to be as old as it is, it’s still in pretty decent shape quite honestly. Our room had hardwood floors and to be honest, you’re at the beach with SAND; its almost impossible to get ALL THE SAND out of a room, so people that keep complaining about that, you need to get over it. Also, you can’t expect 24/7 service and someone pampering you and making sure you have everything you need when you need it (that’s just silly – I think some people need to lower their standards quite a bit, but again some people aren’t happy unless they are complaining about something – relax and don’t sweat the small stuff!), if you want that kind of service, check into a high end resort – not a budget place (which is really nice for what it is). Check in was rather annoying though, having to wait in line for an extended amount of time, cause it did seem to be a little understaffed, but they were all so nice and polite.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Smithfield, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This resort is nothing like the pictures. This resort is very run down. My husband and I booked this resort for our family because it looked like a nice place to stay considering we had 5 small children with us. I opted for oceanview, but instead we were given the 1st floor so the only view we got was the view of the pool and everyone getting in it. You can hear everything that is going on. We stayed next to a couple that argued the whole night and I could hear everything that was wrong in their relationship (not fun at all). The bathroom was way too small, the towels were dirty, the floors were dirty, and you had to literally slam the door just to get it to close. This was not worth $143/night. Housekeeping disturbed us while we were sleeping. This was a nightmare place to stay, I wouldn't even recommend this place to the homeless.

Room Tip: Go to another resort
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed the end of July and I really disappointed. Well, no I wasn't. What reviews I read I found to be true. We stayed in the oats building and our room was ok. Very outdated and I know that a pond arrival. Out my room was nasty. Trash every where. I saw the same dirty diaper sitting by the trash can for 3 days and the same fork sitting by the stairs for the whole time of my stay. Staff was ok. Only thing I like was the little play pool for my soon. Btw it was packed because people kept on just using the pools who weren't staying there. My son broke out with a rash and I called the front deck, a lady said she would she a manager call me.. never heard back!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!