“Average... Needs improvement ” 3 of 5 stars

You added Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1200 South Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #115 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Average... Needs improvement ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My family and I vacationed here from 7/24-7/29. I was told on the phone that check in was at 2pm and when we arrived at the resort driving all the way from Ohio they told me it was at 4pm. We said that was fine and went and got lunch. When we went back to check in the room they have us was not the correct room and it had not even been cleaned yet. There was waste in the toilet, beds a mess, and trash in the room. We went back to the front desk and explained this was unacceptable and we were given a temporary room for the night. The next day the gave us an upgrade to a bigger room with an ocean view. I was really happy to see that they made it right I have been to other places that don't. The rooms were average noting fancy about them. If you are going here in hopes of an updated and fancy place this is the wrong place for you. For the value you really can't beat it. The only problem we had was with check in, but it was fixed and the rest of our stay was enjoyable. The beds were comfy and bathrooms were pretty big. I would not go back to the myrtle beach area, but I would recommend this hotel to friends or family that was traveling on a budget.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
West Frankfort, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I was very nervous after reading some of the reviews on the seamist but I had already booked the room. When we arrived, the check in line was long but surprisingly it didn't take that long to get thru it and our room was ready. We were very pleased with our oceanfront room, it was the exact room that we had booked and our view was great. Only problem we really had was the parking, it was horrible. Overall, our stay at the sea mist was wonderful and we would return there again.

Cleveland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I did not stay at this resort, but my group did and I was able to experience the rooms and amenities. I did not stay at the resort with my group due to the terrible reviews I read on this site. I can only speak for the Driftwood building.

Yes, the hotel is old, the decor is dated. However, the lobby is clean and organized. The staff are friendly and helpful. I did not see or smell anything foul the whole weekend.

The rooms are very clean also. The floors in the rooms are laminate which is good for a beach hotel. There were two double beds, a refrigerator and microwave. The televisions were the old bulky style. Each room had a different brand tv, but they were all old. The beds were a bit worn and smaller than you'd expect for a hotel, I thought Queen is standard. The bedspreads are ugly and who knows if they are washed and how often. The bathroom was small but clean.

The food and service at the group activities was very good. The pools and water activities looked fine. Parking was a challenge, but not terrible.

I am very picky when it comes to hotel accommodations. I would stay at this resort for a couple of days no problem. The group price was $126 per night which is a huge value for prime season right on the beach. I paid three times as much for my hotel six blocks down the road.

If you need budget accommodations, give it a try.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hamtramck, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We went to the Sea Mist for a family reunion. I did not know there were so many buildings at the sea mist. We stayed at the old projects building the Sand Castle. There were 12 or 15 floors. There was only 1 of the 2 small elevators working. No shower mats or hand towels. The towels had so much fuzz on them, I needed to get back in the shower to rinse it off. There was a coffee maker but when we asked for coffee they said they did not offer any even though on their t.v. channel they tell you to make sure to get some of the free coffee for the coffee maker. The breakfast and everything else was across the street with no shuttle. I had my 85 year old mother and my Aunt who is recovering from open heart surgery. Had to take a cab accross the street. You would think with so many buildings, a shuttle should be offered. The only plus it was on the ocean.

Room Tip: We had family stay in other buildings and saying how nice they were. The Sand Castle is the oldest b...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
mt airy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My family stayed here July 24-27,2014. We loved it. It was very clean and the staff was friendly. The beds were a little lumpy and the pillows are flat, but housekeeping brought 4 extra pillows. The pools are clean with plenty of clean towels.We decided to park in the garage instead of trying to find a place outside. Check-in took about 20 minutes because some woman was trying to get an oceanfront family room in a booked hotel.We are staying again in September.There aren't many hotels that has smoking and pet rooms in Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: bring your own pillows
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The best thing I can say is it is right on the beach. It is in much need of repairs, but is understaffed. They were very friendly and tried to accomadate us as much as possible. My suggestion... Bring slippers to wear in the room unless you want to sweep sand hourly.

Macon GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I loved everything sea mist had to offer for us and our three kids! We stayed in the dunes building and our room was ready when we arrived at 1:00 and check in isn't til 4. It was clean and the pool and jacuzzi were clean too. Housekeeping came daily and the pool and jacuzzi were cleaned every morning. Don't read the bad reviews because their isn't one bad thing I will say about this place! We will definitely be back next year!

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!