“good 4 days” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #116 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Davidson, North Carolina
“good 4 days”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

we were in sandcastle with ocean front...was nice room good a/c...sept..best time of year..did the bed and bkfst package...great to wake up, short good walk and full breakfast waiting on you.....courteous and competent personel...nice short walk to beach from our room...older building by far, keep that in mind, very comfortable , good comfortable chairs in room..comfortable beds......didnt do much pool time..seemed a lot of choices...

Now the ELEVATORS..while appreciated greatly...were slow slow slow...caution..do not be in a hurry...did stop on some other guests..we heard... try not to let it stop u from trying the building....lazy river and water park across street was nice....if i remember used to be included in room price...but $3 a day is not too bad....especially if u dont go every day...I guess u save that if u dont wish to go...but good for $3. we are in our 60s so it all worked for us..liked underground parking close to room...

Room Tip: We like the higher floors..quieter.....beautiful views in the ocean front...we come for the views an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a week and our daughters feet turned black from walking in our room we had to buy a swifer and clean the floors 3 times before all the dirt was gone. Great location. Never parking in the parking garage though have to park across street if staying in hotel on ocean. Our view was amazing though! Elevators got stuck a lot though, and one of the beds were broken in our room.

• Stayed September 2013
Richmond, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

When I made reservations I was not advised to their pet policy. Upon arrival they said I couldn't stay with my group. They moved us to a remote building. After moving in we found that the balcony door could not be locked and asked that it be repaired. Five days later it still has my been repaired. On the day before leaving the door cards had to be reprogrammed as THEY had not enter ed the correct time as to our leaving. The elevators only worked part time, we were on the fifth floor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

First thing you have to know is that the Sea Mist is a older hotel like many in Myrtle Beach.
The rooms where clean, we stayed in the Surf building with a ocean front view. Yes things could have been updated or replaced but everything worked and was clean. They have a ton of pools and kiddie pools and hot tubs around 7 of each I believe. The staff was friendly.
You get a setting of 4 dishes, small stove, freg., coffee machine and a microwave.
We had a do not disturb sign on our door and they leave a bag tied to your door with clean towels, toilet paper, shampoo, hand lotion and bar soap in it and you just put your dirty towels back in the bag back outside your door and they pick it up, which I thought was nice if you didn't need your room cleaned. There are 3 restaurants and a conveyance store, arcade and a gift shop if you don't want to go anywhere. The food at the restaurants was average a little pricey. You are better off to go one block away to South Kings Blvd to eat and there is a grocery store as well.

Room Tip: There are around 9 different buildings so you have a lot to pick from, just depends on what your nee...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Seville, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Women at desk at our building had no personality. Hotel very, very out dated. Sheet on one of the beds had a blood stain...gross. Window type ac did not cool the room very well. Sour smell in the elevators.

Clover, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I wanted to plan a three-day weekend over Memorial Day so I went on line to look for Hotels on the beach. Being the holiday I wasn't sure if I'd find anything or not. I tried several but they were booked and then saw "Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort" and thought I'd give it a try...that was my first mistake. When I called I was told that they did indeed have vacancies (and now I know why) and took my information. I was told they didn't have any "oceanfront" but they did have two "ocean view" available. She said we would be able to see the beach from our room and I said at least we could see it. She also gave me the name of the building, ("Driftwood"), I would be staying in. So we took off Friday night all excited for a nice relaxing weekend. Yea, didn't happen!!! When we got there it was really packed which is understandable being the holiday weekend but there were also 5 people behind the counter and not all were checking people in. When we finally got our turn the guy told me the amount due and I told him that wasn't correct and then I saw that he had someone else's name. When he found my name and told me the name of the building (Sandcastle) and that parking was probably not going to be available but gave us some options where to go, which was crazy because we had so far to walk with everything. So when we found a place to park and got all of our luggage we set out to find our room. As it turned out we had a room that was down in the parking garage!!!! I thought there was no way that's where we were staying because of what I was originally told. So we went around to another hall to check it out and I couldn't believe my eyes or nose! It was disgusting and dirty, not to mention that all you could smell was urine and musky mold. The paint was all chipping from the walls and the elevator was all rusting. We continued to look for the room we were given and when we found it I was in shock to think it was even remotely possible to put people in a place like that especially since it's such a well known and large hotel. When we walked into the room it only got worse. The "kitchen" was so old and worn out. The stove looked as if it were broken and I wouldn't have attempted to cook on it anyway. The burners were all loose and wouldn't even stay down. The room itself was awful and looked as if it had been repaired over and over again. Our room was not only the wrong building from what I was expecting, but no where near being able to see the beach. It was on the ground floor right off a pool that echoed like crazy. We weren't able to even open the sliding glass doors because we couldn't open the lock. And I swear the beds were box springs!!!! They actually hurt to lay on them. Thank goodness I brought a pillow because the ones there were almost paper thin. The floor was dirty and sandy. The room smelled old, damp and like mildew. The place needs some serious repairs and renovation. I was so upset that we had come so far and to this!!! I didn't even want to sit on the bed, let alone sleep on it. We did but decided the next morning we were going to the office. Well, that proved NOTHING! I was informed that "they were sorry" but there weren't any rooms at all available but they would give us our money back, minus the one night, and we could go somewhere else...as if she really thought we could find anything else. I told her we lived four hours away and we also knew there wouldn't be anything. I know it wasn't her fault because she wasn't the one that booked my room but I still can't believe they can be allowed to do this to people. We really had no choice if we wanted to stay the weekend. My husband asked about some type of percentage off and she did give us one but that wasn't even the real issue. All we wanted was to spend an enjoyable weekend and it turned out to be a nightmare. Oh, and I almost forgot, our last night there we awakened by someone out by the pool knocking on our door. We looked out and of course, no one was around. I know one thing for sure, I will NEVER stay there again nor will I EVER advise someone else too. The sad thing is that not only were we there for a holiday weekend, we were also there for our birthdays which are two days apart. What a wonderful holiday/birthday we had...NOT!

Room Tip: Don't waste your money or vacation on this place!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
lexington sc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the sea mist for 2 days for my birthday this past week. What
a mistake!!! First, when I made the reservation I asked for a floor above 5. We got one on 2!
Not as clean as it should have been, but also badly in need of some repairs around the shower
and tub area. These rooms (sandcastle bldg.) are in BAD need of a makeover! Then we
went down to the water park ( which should be included in the room rate, not an extra charge!)
and they wouldn't let me use my own float in the lazy river. I have a back injury and I have always used my own float at every other hotel we have stayed in. We go to myrtle beach twice
a year for the past 20 years. I have complained about only 1 other hotel in all this time.
I will never go back to this place! Nasty attitude managers I don't need on a vacation!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!