“older hotel.........” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #115 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Columbus, Indiana
“older hotel.........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was really scared to stay at this hotel after reading all the reviews. This is one of the older hotels on the beach. It isn't a luxury hotel by any means. However it was clean and reasonable priced. I'm sure back in its day.....it was awesome! The staff were readily available if we needed anything and answered all our questions. I would definitely go back based on value

Room Tip: We stayed at the Tides building
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel needs to be demolished. It is roach infested, filthy and smells. The customer service is the worse. The kitchen cabinets and stoves are nasty, grimey, and greasy. I took my family and I clothes to the laundromat when I fot back home to md. I refuse to take my luggage home. There was a big cock roach in my car, from one of my bags. The housekeeper Sharon curse me out in front of my kids. I wouldnt send a homeless person to this hotel.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Nice family get away. You get use of their water park included in your stay among other perks. Could use some sprucing up, but still a good value. I think kids go back to school sometime in August in SC and prices are best mid August and later. Nice tropical atmosphere and lots of pools and hot tubs to choose from in addition to the water park and amusements.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hillsborough, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We found this place on hotels.com......bad move! This place was a dump. It should have been a sign when we were registering that the trashed lady in the waiting room, the number of security people around, and the people who were waiting for the police to come because their money was stolen should have been a sign. We got out of there as fast as possible. I would never recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Let me start by saying this is not the Four Seasons so if your looking for luxury accomodations pass on this location and move on to the next.

This place is great for families vacationing on a budget. We got the Family Kingdom package which included free admission to the waters parks and amusement parks, free breakfast @ Teena's breakfast buffet for 4 people for 1 day, each adult receives a complimentary cocktail upon arrival and free entree. We stayed in the SandCastle Building, this is one of the older buildings, the rooms were a tad small but clean with a full kitchenette and all the dishs/pots/pans etc provided. Upon arrival the floor still had sand on it but housekeeping quickly remedied the situation. All the staff was courteous and more than happy to please their customers. Our building was right on the beach, we had an indoor pool as well as an ourdoor pool w/hot tub.

I abosolutely loved our stay here and can't wait to come back next year. Our family does not go on vacation to stay in the hotel room so the accomedations were perfect for us.

I would recommend this resort for any families vacationing on a budget.

Room Tip: Try to book the Tides Building all of these rooms have been updated and include flat screen TV's...
Waukesha, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our room was acceptable for the price, housekeeping service was very good, but this place definitely needs repairs. We checked in, were given directions to our bldg (Sandcastle), and since our room number was 10120, I asked the guy at the check-in desk if we had been put on the 10th floor, and he said "Oh, yes". I thought "Great, we'll have a good view of the ocean from our balcony". When we got to our bldg, we discovered it had only 9 floors ??!! 2 elevators for the bldg, only one was working and it was soooo slowwww, barely large enough for us and our luggage cart. I had to walk back across the street to the check in desk to find out where the 10th floor was supposed to be on a 9-story bldg, and the same guy who said there were 10 floors told me the "10120" meant 1st floor... Which was pretty much "underground", the underground parking was right outside our door. We had the pool right outside our patio doors, which was ok, the a/c was so noisy we couldn't hear noise from the pool anyway. But our view was like being in a canyon, we had the crumbling balconies of the other 8 floors above us, and a cement wall up to the above ground parking next door on the other side, with the indoor pool and hot tub on the end, so we were enclosed on 3 sides, no view of the ocean, just the sky. There was no cover on our a/c unit, our "patio" was used by whoever felt like sitting there while in the pool area. The sliding door that led to the pool area had no latch, only a sliding gate-type lock at the top to secure it, and it had to be jammed into place in order to lock the door. The curtain covering the door was missing hooks so we had to push a chair up against the door to hold the curtain in place for privacy. There were old cigarette butts in the cracks by our door, and bottle caps in the corner of our "patio". As for mildew or mold, the pool deck WAS washed down every morning, but it's August and humid as all heck there, unless they use bleach and pine sol there isn't much to be done to keep the outside spotless. We had no bugs in our room, but there were lots of dead roaches in the parking garage outside our door each morning, and I really hope they were palmetto bugs and not cockroaches. The sundecks and other areas facing the ocean were nice, I DID see trash laying on the floor of the parking garage but let's face it, some slob dropped it, and I didn't expect the hotel to have someone lurking at every corner waiting to jump out and pick things up. It IS old, the photos are deceptive, but I guess you get what you pay for. Mattresses were soft and lumpy, pillows thin and hard, I didn't care for Myrtle Beach in general, and the ocean was kind of rough for my taste, so I won't be going back, but if I did, I would not even consider staying here. I would definitely look for one with a much better rating..

Room Tip: if you want to see the ocean from the Sandcastle Bldg, whether in an ocean front room or ocean view...
Beckley WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The stay was really nice and the rooms were clean. The only problem we had with the resort was the days when the weather was not so good, we would have to leave the waterpark completely but people by poolside could stay and not leave the area. The food at the restaurants were very good also. Very nice stay and thanks to the resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!