“Great price. Great location, need upgrades!” 3 of 5 stars

You added Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1200 South Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #116 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great price. Great location, need upgrades!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Would recommend but, lots of upgrades are needed to this hotel. Great customer service and housekeeping! The beach was pretty clean. The view was amazing. The hot tub room and pool needs ventilator or open doors, pretty fair parking.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
penderlea, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Ocean front rooms with a great view. Clean rooms, courteous staff and well cared for. I like the fact that the room we were in had no carpeting - so much cleaner than other hotels we have stayed in... It was a pleasant stay and the ammenities are wonderous. Breakfast at their restuarant was great and as was the service. So much to do for a family with children and the location was perfect.

Room Tip: Love the ocean view with the balcony.. Sunrise or sunset - the view is breath taking...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
U.S.A
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

KEEP ON DRIVING!!! Have stayed here twice in the past 10 years, and will NEVER stay here again. The "resort" is a ghetto at best. The police were there so much I thought I was staying at the police station. The dump is very poorly maintained. It seems as though they are only interested in your money, not your satisfaction. There is no security to speak of on the property, people were coming off the street to swim in the pools, drinking and chain smoking.

Room Tip: Want a good room? Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have stayed at the Sea Mist 4 or 5 times. It has always been clean and neat. It isn't the Ritz, but I don't want the Ritz. Our building was dog friendly and my rooms were always clean. Everything worked-refrigerator, stove, microwave and the cupboards were stocked with whatever I needed to make meals should I want to.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Beaufort, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

From my experience it was pretty darn good. I stayed 3 nights. For 80 bucks a night being on the beach with a room outfitted with oven, micro, kitchen sink and balcony it was pretty sweet. Yeah it is dated but still more than comfortable with a prime location to beach and all boardwalk action. The staff kept my room clean every day even with my greyhound and me dragging in the beach sand every hour. Always fresh towels and amenities.
The elevators need work, so bad comments about them are true, but most of you all need to take the stares anyway, including myself.
The staff does need a little hospitality training but over all not bad, experienced a lot worse.
The bottom line is you are on the beach in a vacation town in the middle of the action for under a 100 bucks a night and pet friendly, you can not beat it.
They do kind of stretch the truth about sea views, if there is just a sliver of view that counts in there book. Still good in mine. I would def. go again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I will never stay here a again! This hotel was a disappointment. My family and I stayed in a suite that faced the waterpark. My biggest complaint is the roaches that were in our kitchen and bathroom. Not one or two, I'm talking several roaches scurrying around. I called the front desk and requested someone to come spray the room. The maintenance person showed up with Hot Shot and sprayed around but never sprayed the bathroom which is where I told them the roaches were located. The spray did not help at all. We were not satisfied with the results from the Hot Shot so we requested another room. The front desk offered us a room in the same building one floor above where we were staying. I declined for the simple fact if one room is infested with roaches the whole building is infested! Later that morning we discovered we only had electricity on one side of the hotel room. So we had to call about that as well as housekeeping never showed up to clean our room. We left shortly afterwards to go enjoy the beach. We stayed on the beach for two hours and returned to an uncleaned suite. Housekeeping still had not showed up! So we called AGAIN and requested someone to come clean the suite and was told housekeeping would be on the way. We left again and enjoyed the waterpark for about a hour and a half. We returned to our suite the same way we left it but turns out housekeeping was in the elevator with us. So now we had to stand around awkwardly while she cleaned the suite. She was a friendly lady and we thanked her for her time. Another tip, do not walk on the floors barefoot. The front desk also offered us breakfast on Sunday morning but we did not go. I was more concerned with packing and leaving. Although I never plan on staying here again and definitely do not recommend this hotel, I must say I did not run into any staff member that was unpleasant. They seemed friendly.

• Stayed September 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Their slogan is "Sea Mist..The family resort like no other" How True!!! This place is awful!! They need to quit calling theselves a resort b/c it's more like a dungeon!! We switched rooms 3 times before finding something that I would even sleep in. I searched everywhere for another hotel but it was Labor Day weekend and everwhere was booked. The front desk manager was great. However the other employees were very rude. One guy told me that he wanted to quit b/c of all the complaints. Another said "Yeah we have the best looking rooms - online, but this place is a dump". I made sure we left the room early and found activities to keep us busy until late night so we wouldn't have to be at this dungeon. STAY AWAY!!!!!! They gave me a refund for 1 night with no questions asked---they should be paying people to stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!