We stayed at the dunes building from June 24 thru 29 2012. We stayed in the family suite, 2 beds in bedroom and one pull down in living room area. The room was not in the best of shape, floor was in need of repair, the door did not seal when closed and the main ac unit did not blow cold air. the tvs were dated and not many channels to choose from if your a tv person, they were no pay per view movies. we had to always be sure the refrig. door was closed and it would still open slightly on its own. the stove top was electric and the coils did not lay flat. cabinets were cheaply made and wasn't big enough for our weeks stay. the main bathroom was mostly clean they could have done better around the corners. the shower was big enough and the water was hot. the bedroom was in a little better shape and that ac unit worked, the bathroom was a little cleaner than the main one. the dressers were way out dated and worn out with water damage around the bottom. Overall the resort in whole needs to be updated. the elevator is small and i wondered if it was going to just quit while we were in it.
We bought the family package which included All resort amenties, family kingdom and water park,we got an $80.00 early reservation EZ card good for anywhere in the resort, one free breakfast at tenas, One free entree at Three Steps Down Bar and Grill and 20% off the rest of our bill. which i felt was a good package deal($1185.00). the woman who was cooking breakfast was taking orders from people while cooking and was direct in asking your order but was not rude by my standards. I enjoyed breakfast as did my family. NOW, as for the dinner at Three Steps Down... service was horrible, we and everyone around us waited forever to get our food and when they did get their food it was incorrect. management was worse and the food was cold,we ordered steaks, which was not cooked to what we ordered and did I mention COLD, baked potato was burnt, dinner rolls were hard. The only good thing was the salad which I think came from a bag. The woman at the table next to us had the manager come to her cause they brought wrong food and he replied with this is what i heard you order and then walked away...the 95.00 bill we got for our food was crap!!!!! I don't know how this place is still open, Three Steps Down is a perfect name for this place which describes the quality of this place!!!! Overall for what we paid for this resort I was happy, for a place to lay my head down after a day running around it was good. Again beware of Three Steps Down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 15 acres with 19 buildings and 800 units ranging from regular hotel rooms, to suites, cottages, penthouse, and apartments. Conveniently located at 1200 South Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach close to all the local attractions, amusements, shopping outlets, and favorite restaurants. Specializes in Family Vacations, Championship Golf Packages, Myrtle Beach Adventures, and Group Travel. Has the largest selection of resort amenities in Myrtle Beach including the largest on-site Water Park with a 370 foot long, 7 foot wide lazy river, and a 3,000 square foot Oceanfront Children's Activity Pool. Multiple Restaurants, Tavern, Arcade, Underground walkway under Ocean Boulevard, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Mist Oceanfront Hotel
- Sea Mist Myrtle Beach Sc
- Sea Mist Resort Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Sea Mist Resort
- Sea Mist Motel Myrtle Beach
- Hotel Sea Mist Oceanfront
- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
- Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sea Mist Resort Sc
- Sea Mist Hotel Myrtle Beach South Carolina