“short vacation just perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Island Vista

You added Island Vista to your Saves list
Island Vista
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6000 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly Sea Island Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
kingsport, tennessee
“short vacation just perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2007

just returned from a 3 night stay at this fabulous resort.
one of the nicest places we have ever stayed. We were treated very, very nice by all the staff, they went the extra mile to make our stay pleasant. we booked a 1 bedroom suite, it was just like the pictures and immaculate. we could not have asked for anything more. we were there during harley bike week and there was no noise in the motel. will definitely return and bring others with me. price was fair for all the amenities.

• Liked — room was clean, new and modern
  • Disliked — only one set of elevators which were in the middle of the north and south tower quiet a distance from the parking area
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2007

My husband came home for 2 weeks from Iraq so I decided to treat him to a couple days in Myrtle Beach. I picked the Island Vista based on Tripadvisor's reviews and the fairly good rates. My husband and I arrived a couple hours before check-in time but our room was ready for us. We had the room farthest from the elevator which is nice since we wanted minimal noise. We had 8th floor with a view of the whole north strip of the beach. Beautiful! Weather was VERY windy but we still had a great time. My only complaint was the day we were to check out... check out is 11am and at 9:30am, we were still in the room and the maid didnt knock and just walked in. Luckily we had clothes on but I did tell her that knocking would be approperiate (sp?). But other than that, the room and located were top notch. And the check in desk employees were very friendly.

• Liked — Beach view and great check in desk
  • Disliked — Maids didn't knock before entering (also no door hanger for DND)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2007

I picked Island Vista after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. The rooms look just like the pictures on the website. Rooms were very clean (and I'm very picky). Everyone that worked at the hotel (front desk, housekeeping, waiters) were very friendly. We had breakfast at the hotel...food was good. We had a beautiful view of the ocean. Jim Lawrence with Island Vista set up our golf package and did a great job. If we go back to Myrtle Beach we will definitely stay at Island Vista.

• Liked — Clean rooms, nice location and beach, friendly staff
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2007

My Husband and I booked our stay @ the Beautiful Island Vista.
When we arrived to our room we found instead of Ocean front it was a side view overlooking an ugly roof of the building beside the hotel with loud air conditioning units atop of the roof. I called the front desk to discuss mix up of the room. To be told by one of the rudest office managers I have ever delt with,that I got what I reserved. I explained to him that I reserved ocean front not side view. He said very rude again NO you reserved ocean view. Well Number 1 . This gentleman did not make my reservation. Number 2. He tried nothing to compensate me. Number 3 was very Rude. So we went to find another hotel after driving all day. Island Vista is a Beauty, but be prepard for the terrible Managment. It really is a shame. I recommend Ocean Reef. They are not as fancy, but they care about their Guest.

• Liked — The Building is beautiful the service is terrible
  • Disliked — The Service ( Managment)
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2007

I was shocked to read some negative comments regarding this hotel. As someone else said, this is more like a condo than a hotel. We have
4 children and were specifically looking for somewhere decent to stay
for a week. This hotel was above and beyond our expectations. I remember thinking it was a tad pricey when we booked....but after the
fact we KNOW it was well worth it. (You get what you pay for) The room we had was like an apt. The place had a nice living room area and kitchen with a dinette where the table folded down into another bed. The sofa was a pullout bed also. Very, very clean room. Dishes were available to use...and even a dishwasher! There was a full size stove and refrigerator too.The best was the washer/dryer unit which I think we kept running every day. I was never bothered by any noise in the building and it was beg of Aug so I'm sure the place was very full. However, there was not one time I felt like this place was too packed or crowded. The pools were clean and not very busy when we were there. The kids loved the shallow pool and lazy river. We loved the hot tub and the pool bar! It was a nice change of pace from the salty ocean. The location on the beach of this hotel is awesome!!! It is in the middle of a neighborhood....so you don't have
skyscraper hotels up and down this part of the beach. Therefore, you don't have millions of people all around you. They do have a lifeguard on duty during the day in the hotel and on the beach...
which was important to me since I have young children. This hotel is very close (as in a few minutes) to everything....but you are not in the "mess" of everything. Our room had a balcony with ocean view..
...I kinda think they all do. Now the negatives....if I must mention them. Yes, the parking garage was awful. We have a van and did o.k. I can't imagine how some of the big SUV's get around in there. Warning....if you come back late at night.....you may not find a parking on your side of the hotel...and if you get to the top....
..have fun turning around to get back down! Also, there was a (false)
fire alarm that went off one evening when we were there. I noticed there were several guests that did not apparently wake up right away.
There were people staggering out of their rooms 30 minutes after the alarm sounded. We had just arrived back so I don't know if we would have heard it had we been asleep. It seemed loud enough to us though.
Lastly, the dining room was not appropriate for our family. I remember it being very pricey and one evening my husband and I were going to go there ourselves, and it required certain attire. So, I didn't feel it was family friendly in that regard. I did hear from several people, including locals, that the chef they had at that time was one of the best and the food is awesome. Because of our experience at this hotel, I am SURE we will return to Myrtle Beach. And, I have absolutely no doubt where I will be staying.....no matter
how much it costs.

• Liked — location and room amenities
  • Disliked — Dining room too expensive/fancy for large family on vacation to the beach.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the property in April 2007 and were very impressed with the hotel. The one bedroom suite was very spacious, modern and clean. Pools were clean, lots of lawn chairs, plenty of parking and great staff. A great place overall to stay!

• Liked — Modern and clean
  • Disliked — n/a
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2007

I read the review from the Kentucky traveller and what she said was right on the nose. The only a few little things that I could add was that the workout room smelled like a chlorine pool, but that was minor problem. Overall the facility is good value for the money. They could offer a business center even though they offered their office for use anytime we needed it.

• Liked — large rooms and kitchens, clean, quiet
  • Disliked — chlorine smells in workout area
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Island Vista? Share your experiences!