“Met our expectations...we will return!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Island Vista

Save Saved
You added Island Vista to your Saves list
Island Vista
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6000 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly Sea Island Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Any Beach
“Met our expectations...we will return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Husband and I stayed in Island Vista for a few days in early June. We were able to check in early when we arrived at 1:00 in the afternoon. We had a one bedroom suite on the 12th floor. The room was nice and large, with a big bedroom with two queen beds, good size bathroom and living room/dining room/kitchen combo. Perfect size for two people. There was a murphy bed in the living room (which we didn't use of course) The furniture was in good shape but not modern or up to date at all. The kitchen didn't have much in the way of small appliances or little kitchen gadgets. Just the basics for maybe 4 people. Tiny dishwasher too...I would imagine it would be running non-stop to keep up. We didn't use it, as we ate out every evening...and lunch a few days. Still..it worked for us for the few days we were there. The beds were way too soft though. When we checked out on Saturday morning a huge 18-wheel truck was outside and they were unloading what seemed to be hundreds of new mattresses. Maybe we will get a nice, new firm mattress next time we go there.
Anyway...everyone was very nice and helpful at Island Vista. I was impress with how the maintenance crew and grounds people were constantly working...keeping things running and the grounds super clean. We were able to park on the first or second floor of the parking garage so that wasn't an issue for us even with our SUV. We loved that this hotel sits by itself with no hotels on either side. That makes it so nice and not crowded at all. It's in a nice, quiet, but still convenient residential area..not far from stores, resturants and all the attractions. Perfect location in my opinion.
We had dinner one night in the hotel restaurant the Cypress Room. Great service, great music (wonderful guitarist with a James Taylor-ish voice...very good!!) and the food!! YUM!! (I've written a separate review)
We were very impressed with everything overall and look forward to staying in Island Vista on our next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

853 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Simpsonville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Island vista is a great family resort. My child loved all three pools and especially reggae night on Thursday. We missed the luau and fire show on Monday because of the rain but it was another family activity we were looking forward to. We also liked that most people staying here were families and there wasn't a lot of kids partying or boisterous college kids. . I rented a room through vrbo.com so our accommodations were awesome as well. I don't know about the rooms directly through resort. We ate breakfast one morning in the Cypress Room and it was good meal for a great value. The only downside is the parking garage. I saw the reviews before we went and it is very tight quarters and you better hope another car is not coming in the opposite directions or you will have to be doing some maneuvering. Overall we will definitely be coming back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lewisville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at Island Vista Resort in Myrtle Beach, SC. I read an article about this resort in a newspaper and a co-worker of mine also recommended this place as well. I loved how the resort was located in a relaxing residential neighborhood. It was very easy to get to and was near a great deal of area attractions. The staff was wonderful. I was very impressed with the check in and check out procedures and the front desk attendants even remembered my name when they saw me. The maintenance staff was great as they came by to help us with the television and the safe. I loved the indoor pool and lazy river. The outdoor pools were very nice and the beach was uncrowded due to the fact that they were no other high rise hotels located right next to Island Vista. I loved walking out on the beach and not feeling like you were crammed up against other people. I also enjoyed being able to walk right out of the parking garage and into the hotel hallway where my room was located. The rooms were very nice. I loved the one-bedroom suite. The bathroom was spacious. My family also enjoyed the murphy bed that pulled down from the wall in the dining area. The furniture was very comfortable and the kitchen was up to date. The view from the balcony overlooking the ocean was wonderful. Overall, I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend this resort to anyone.

Yonkers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Island Vista Resort was like finding paradise. We arrived at Myrtle Beach booked into another hotel. We visited Island Vista and immediately changed our booking. The staff was extremely courteous; the suite which we were fortunate to get was beautiful; clean and comfortable with a direct view of the ocean. The on-site restaurant (Cypress Restaurant) was great and the food was delicious. We are going to return to Myrtle Beach this fall and we are definitely staying at the Island Vista.
Rick Alaimo

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The Island Vista is a nice property between the Myrtle Beach boardwalk and North Myrtle Beach. The rooms are a little tight and dark but they offer everything you need. The property has several pools. The indoor pools have a wall of sliding glass windows that can be closed off when the weather gets bad. The resort offers activities to entertain kids and evening entertainment for all ages. We were able to spend an entire day just at the resort without having to venture out for food or entertainment. This property has all you need.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I always stay at Island Vista when I travel to Myrtle Beach. This hotel is located in the middle of a residential neighborhood on Ocean Boulevard. It is very quiet and offers the absolute best views of the ocean and of the Myrtle Beach skyline. The Cypress Room has excellent food, as well! I cannot wait to return!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Island Vista for 8days and loved every minute of it! There are so many points to review, here are the basics:
Room- we stayed in a one bedroom, which was spacious and immaculately clean. Plenty of extra blankets and pillows provided. Bathroom was huge, but it would be nice if sink was separate from toilet/shower. View of ocean was perfect! Balcony was super private. One negative- lighting. The bedroom was so dark (good at night) that it made it difficult to unpack/pack. The lighting in the bedroom frustrated me all week. Kitchen good, counter space limited.
Elevators- extremely efficient and available.
Parking- garage was tight to pass and negotiate at times, but we always found a good spot for our pilot. There was always a spot out front for our larger sequoia.
Pool- wonderful for families! Deepest is five feet, two pools to choose from outdoors. One has a large 1.5' area for toddlers. Great sunbathing areas where you can see entire pool area. Tiki bar has great food poolside. 2 hot tubs. Indoor lazy river is also great for kids. This area could be cleaner, and chairs are few.
Ocean access- could not be better! Not too crowded at any point.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Island Vista? Share your experiences!