Hated our stay because it was not worth what we paid for one night. We asked for non-smoking and got a smoking room which reeked with air freshner along with a cigarette butt left on the floor.
We were told to check in around 3:00 and when we arrive around 3:30 the service desk said check in was at 4:00 so we recieved a different room that was supposed to be clean.
The hotel is old in age with deteriation on the building and inside appliances that were rusted. From the beach looking at the building you can see the deteriation where the balconies were worn out. I was afraid to let my daughter on the balcony because there was a metal brace holding the front of the balcony from falling apart.
Customer service was not friendly at all. No response when we checked in of have a nice stay, welcome to our resort nothing. When we decided to leave one night earlier than the two night stay we planned there was no questions of why are you leaving, was everything ok, thank you for staying with us, come back, not even a thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sands Ocean Club two bedroom units come with full kitchens, a king bed, and two double beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sands Ocean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Ocean Club Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Club Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Resort