This "resort" did not meet our expectations in any way. If this is the typical stay at one of their properties, we will try to avoid all of their properties in the future.
The sliding glass door was off its track. It did not open or close properly. The first night we were there, we turned down the bed to go to sleep and a small bug ran across the pillow. The second night (and FINAL night) we stayed there, two roaches came out from under the other bed, then ran back under the bed. When we looked under the bed to find them and get rid of them, we realized it was so filthy under the bed we couldn't find the two nasty bugs that shouldn't have been there in the first place. The shower drain was clogged with hair and some other unidentified materials. The floors were so sticky we had to wear shoes anytime we entered our room.
The indoor pool was polluted and smelled horrendous. There were green and black things of various sizes floating in it. As we stared in shock at the condition of the pool and hot tubs, a "resort" staff member walked by and rolled his eyes. As he continued walking as he mumbled to us that "the pool was closed and if we wanted to swim we could walk a few hotels down to the end of the street and swim at the sister property." There were cigarette butts, sticky liquids, and broken glass in the halls, lobby, deck outdoors, beach, and near the outdoor pools.
Obviously the pool was LACKING in many ways. The ocean view room was a view of damaged roof tops and not of the ocean. The outdoor sundeck was littered with trash as was the beach directly in front of this property. We had to go to other hotels' beach fronts to relax. Spa tub was offensive. Non-smoking rooms were non-existent. The wireless internet access did work appropriately. The kitchen area was revolting. The area itself was unclean and all of the dishes and silverware were nauseatingly filthy.
The "resort" staff and front desk workers were very inconsiderate of the guests' feelings and concerns. There were two people who were yelling "I hate this place" when we went to check-in. I knew that was not good, but had no idea what was in store for us on our trip.
We have both been to the beach many times. This was, by far, the worst stay either one of us has experienced. No one should have to stay at any hotel, "resort", etc. and worry about what will crawl be crawling on them while they sleep. I truly hope something is done about this!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.