As most of the reviews have been very correct with what they found about this hotel. First you have to know that there are two towers next to each other DO NOT STAY AT THE RED one. It is has not been updated. There were times I thought that the elevator was going to just stop mid flight and apparently the day before we got there that did happen. Also, when you are out of town you expect that the front desk can give information about the area, what to do, where to eat and how to get to places all off the desk people did not know how to get to places or where to advise us to go. When I had booked this "vacation" I was told that our lunch was included we get there and apparently that special ended the week before. How can you offer something and then take it away? The room its self was just ok one day we had to get our own towels from the front desk as the cleaning people never came in to the room. You know the lovely picture that they show with all the chairs lined up on the beach with the umbrellas well that cost $30.00 each day. I do not know about you but I can think of better ways to spend my money, rather than sitting on it. There were no non smoking rooms and I even asked that they make sure that they get the odor out well of course it was not all out. Really how can it as another review had said there was smoking all over the entire place. The band started at 1:15pm everyday until 11:00pm they played the same 6 songs for the week thank goodness that the last day there was a different band that played. Drinking started by 10:30 - 11:00 am in the morning and continued I really did not want my impressionable preteen seeing this type of activity and thinking that it was ok. I mean people were drinking and going into the pool stupid move. A lot of cursing, not a family oriented place to go for vacation. When I booked this vacation it said for families. Really it is not. Save your money and go somewhere else.
To me it was a party type hotel that encourage drinking, smoking and too loud for kids to be exposed to.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Ocean Club Hotel
- Sands Ocean Club Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Club
- Sands Ocean Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Club Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sands Ocean Club two bedroom units come with full kitchens, a king bed, and two double beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Fareportal and Venere so you can book your Sands Ocean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.