I have stayed at the Sands Ocean Club 8 times, but not so sure if I'll go back again. It has been going down hill for the last few years. It used to be a great place to stay. It has the famous Ocean Annies bar and it makes it really festive. We always requested a room over looking Ocean Annies. I was told the last time I was there (August 2005) that the hotel had been sold and they were making things different. They were different alright. They have a new air conditioning system that is horrible. It works by sensors. It goes off around 5 minutes after you leave the room and comes back on when you enter. If you leave the sliding door to the balcony open it will go off. I understand that it is saving the new owners a bundle, but here's the bad part. I was sleeping when my husband left very early in the morning to play golf. After he left the air went off. They didn't make allowances for that. I woke up burning up and had to get up and open the door so that the air would come back on. I used to love it there, but things have changed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sands Ocean Club two bedroom units come with full kitchens, a king bed, and two double beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sands Ocean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Ocean Club Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Club Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Resort