We checked in on the Saturday before Easter. We asked for our money back after we saw that our room was three buildings back from the ocean. We were also upset that we did not get the free admission passes to the adventure cruise, wild water and wheels or the Ocean Drive pavilion that was included in our rate. They told us that because we booked online there was nothing they could do.
We got to our room and there were no luggage carts so we had to make several trips to unpack. Then we were very disappointed to find that there was no full kitchen as promised we had a miniature stove and dorm fridge.
We decided to make the best of it by visiting the indoor pools. The health club pool closed at 8 pm so our kids were disappointed because this is what they look forward to. Then we finally found the other pool (by the way the checking staff did not give us any info about amenities locations, hours, etc.) only to find it was closed due to a chemical imbalance. This took3 days to reopen! We were disgusted when we finally got to use this pool. There was black mold and foam with a black grime in the pool and hot tubs! Both of my children broke out in a rash a couple days later. There were ceiling tiles hanging about to fall on the people in the pool.
We stayed for a total of 6 days and housekeeping never once cleaned our room despite multiple calls to the front desk. We were able to get someone to bring us a broom no dustpan to sweep our kitchen and bathrooms...they waited outside our room to get the broom back! You can imagine how quickly a room can get nasty with 2 adults and 4 kids.
They treated the clean towels like they were made from egyptian cotton! Had to make several calls for these as well or just pitch a mound of dirty ones out in the hallway. This vacation felt like camping in the wilderness! Don't get scammed! I recommend Captains Quarters...they were all booked up but it is great, clean, and very family friendly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sands Ocean Club two bedroom units come with full kitchens, a king bed, and two double beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sands Ocean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Ocean Club Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Club Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Resort